so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

That's my point, no one can guarantee it. There may be someone that may get better results than Pelini has. Heck there may be lots that can better results, but I know there are a lot that can and would get worse results.

what's wrong with giving me a name or two. Read my next post I give some names that I think are probably better.

Because the minute someone gives you a name you'll just say we couldn't get him, or list of any other number of reasons why the name is crap. Peterson was constantly thought of as impossible to get to Lincoln. Look where he is now. Vandy coach would never leave for Nebraska. Look where he is now. Texas and USC were too big of jobs for us to compete with. Look who they ended up with. We would have come out just fine w/ our search had it happened this off season. There were plenty of names, many we likely know nothing about - that could have performed at a level similar to Bo - with at least the "potential" (remember when we used to use that in describing Pelini a few years ago) to perform at a much higher level. How confident are you all in Bo's potential now?

Peterson never would have come to Nebraska. No matter how much you wanted him, it never would have happened.

See :)

I think Peterson would have come to Nebraska if the job was open and a good job in the Northwest wasn't. BSU is a lot like Nebraska except on a smaller scale. But, with that being said if he has a choice between Washington and Nebraska he is going with Washington all the way. He is a Northern California guy that if he had the chance at a good HC job in the area is going to stay in the area. Stanford, USC, Texas etc. would not have been a good fit culturally for Peterson.

I think James Franklin would have come to Nebraska if that is his only choice, but if he has a choice between PSU and Nebraska I think he goes to PSU.

After PSU gets off sanctions it is just as good a job in every aspect except it has one advantage. It is an easier recruiting job because of its proximity to recruits.

This is probably one of the better ways, this same topic, has been dissected on here, that I have read.

Bo needs to go or stay, or win 10-11 or B1G title. Don't think it will matter to some, no matter how many 10, 11 win seasons he has. His not acting like T O on the sidelines, has done him in. Saben gets away with it from their fans, because he wins, I understand that. Media coverage is a lot less forgiving than in the era of Woody, Kush, Bo Shem, the Bear and Bob D. If Bo can win with a calmness on the sidelines, that seems to have taken some of the fire out of his current teams, that his earlier teams had, great.

I don't think there are any better coaches right now, looking for a job. I think there are probably only two or three that that could make much of difference anyway, and we are only talking about " one or two" wins here. Bo is poised to get there soon. I just hope we have the patience to give him more time.

GBR!!!

Pelini having full support top to bottom and his shortcomings being 100% his fault are completely laughable. It's a system, and right now the system is broken. Getting fixed. But still broken. Perlman's seat is 100 times hotter than Pelini's right now by the way.

I can truly say I don't think anyone in this thread has said or implied what you are saying here Accountability. I can go back through and read again, but ive been checking in on this thread quite a bit and i havent seen a single person say Bo has full support of all involved top to bottom. Nor have i seen anyone say Bo's shortcomings are 100% his fault. Its idiotic to even have that thought considering all the contributing factors. Theres no possible way to lay 100% of anything at anyones feet. Statements like this just bring an argument into the conversation that hasnt even been made, and its completely false. Also, I think you might be over stating Perlmans "hot seat" a bit, but I think there have been rumors, (mainly around here), of him being in an unfavorable position right now.

Ok, what are the reasons for Perlman's hot seat? I would hope like hell that the Chancellor of the University isn't being judged by his relationship with the Football coach. I need to hear reasons, outside of Athletics, of why his seat is so hot.

I too would be interested. As I said above, all of this talk I've heard of this is from here at Huskerboard. Haven't really seen a lot of people get into specifics. I agree with your point though, being on the hot seat because you don't get along with the head football coach would be a bit outrageous.

Ok, what are the reasons for Perlman's hot seat? I would hope like hell that the Chancellor of the University isn't being judged by his relationship with the Football coach. I need to hear reasons, outside of Athletics, of why his seat is so hot.

I too would be interested. As I said above, all of this talk I've heard of this is from here at Huskerboard. Haven't really seen a lot of people get into specifics. I agree with your point though, being on the hot seat because you don't get along with the head football coach would be a bit outrageous.

Ya, I would hope the scope of the Chancellor's job description would be a bit wider than "make sure you rubber stamp anything for our football program." I love this football team, but the academic side of things at a B1G institution should be his biggest priority.

• Fire 2
Pelini having full support top to bottom and his shortcomings being 100% his fault are completely laughable. It's a system, and right now the system is broken. Getting fixed. But still broken. Perlman's seat is 100 times hotter than Pelini's right now by the way.

I can truly say I don't think anyone in this thread has said or implied what you are saying here Accountability. I can go back through and read again, but ive been checking in on this thread quite a bit and i havent seen a single person say Bo has full support of all involved top to bottom. Nor have i seen anyone say Bo's shortcomings are 100% his fault. Its idiotic to even have that thought considering all the contributing factors. Theres no possible way to lay 100% of anything at anyones feet. Statements like this just bring an argument into the conversation that hasnt even been made, and its completely false. Also, I think you might be over stating Perlmans "hot seat" a bit, but I think there have been rumors, (mainly around here), of him being in an unfavorable position right now.

I agree with Mr. A. 100%. I'm not sure how hot Harveys seat is, but I've heard that he may not be around much longer. Not sure if true, but the sooner he goes the better IIMO.

Perlman's seat is 100 times hotter than Pelini's right now by the way.

Can you or someone else claiming this explain why you believe this to be true? Sure, Perlman's drawn ire from fans for some questionable hires inside the athletic department, but there's far more to his job than that. Under Perlman's watch, enrollment for the university has gone up and the boosters (from what I've heard) are pretty supportive of him. He typically only gets media attention for his interactions with the athletic department, but he's the chancellor. There's far more to his job than athletics.

@True2tRa and @HuskerNationNick

Look guys you don't have to believe me, fine. Look at what has happened and connect the dots.

Also, go listen to the podcast. These are 2 dudes that have a helluva lot more access to college football coaches than you or I ever will. They make some interesting comments on how the program is viewed by coaches that are not currently associated with Nebraska.even though you probably won't want to believe it, it's worth the listen.

Is this in response to your claim that it's a fact Pelini does not get along with one of his superiors? I'm not sure how you can call something like that factual, but, then claim the way to prove it is by connecting the dots.

I think it's fair to theorize or believe one of Pelini's superiors isn't a fan of him, given how the regular season ended. But, to say that it's a fact? Other than conjecture and opinions from people "in the know", is there anything factual to prove this? This is a legitimate question - I'm not trying to start an argument.

Perlman's seat is 100 times hotter than Pelini's right now by the way.

Can you or someone else claiming this explain why you believe this to be true? Sure, Perlman's drawn ire from fans for some questionable hires inside the athletic department, but there's far more to his job than that. Under Perlman's watch, enrollment for the university has gone up and the boosters (from what I've heard) are pretty supportive of him. He typically only gets media attention for his interactions with the athletic department, but he's the chancellor. There's far more to his job than athletics.

The AAU debacle is one knock that I can think of, it's debatable whether it's really that big of a deal though. I think they also dialed back they're enrollment goals for the next few years. Again not a huge deal. Harvey's no spring chicken, so there's that. Not academically related but he does serve as the chairman of the BCS oversight committee, and he was a part of the problem with the bowl systems more than he was the solution.

I've personally never cared for him, he just comes off as too pompous. That being said other than typical student complaints of ridiculous tuition rates (which is actually comparatively low) and general dislike of authoritarian figures I can't really see a reason to fire him. He has done far more positive things for the University than Negatives, if anything his only negatives center around the athletic department. Like Enhance said enrollment is up under his watch. They are constructing Innovation Campus, which could be huge for UNL. The CB3 center in east stadium is complete and is the first venture of it's kind. Colleges such as the Physics and Business departments have or are being upgraded. New recreational facilities and student housing are being constructed. And all this while seeming to have the college's state funding cut annually.

@True2tRa and @HuskerNationNick

Look guys you don't have to believe me, fine. Look at what has happened and connect the dots.

Also, go listen to the podcast. These are 2 dudes that have a helluva lot more access to college football coaches than you or I ever will. They make some interesting comments on how the program is viewed by coaches that are not currently associated with Nebraska.even though you probably won't want to believe it, it's worth the listen.

Is this in response to your claim that it's a fact Pelini does not get along with one of his superiors? I'm not sure how you can call something like that factual, but, then claim the way to prove it is by connecting the dots.

I think it's fair to theorize or believe one of Pelini's superiors isn't a fan of him, given how the regular season ended. But, to say that it's a fact? Other than conjecture and opinions from people "in the know", is there anything factual to prove this? This is a legitimate question - I'm not trying to start an argument.

I listed many things in an earlier post, ways that the admin is not supporting the coaching staff. Put that together with everything that I've heard both publicly and privately, and it starts making sense.

What would you expect Harv to do, come out publicly and say, "I don't like Bo, so I'm going to try to force him to quit, or set him up for failure." Yeah, he won't do that.

Signing off for a few days, GBR!