so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

Define "Better Coach"

Someone superior and more capable at the profession of coaching!

I know you think everyone can be bought, but I am not sure that is the case.

No, I don't think everyone can be bought. I think better coaches can be bought. Not every better coach.

So that is your answer? No names, not one person who you are sure is superior and more capable? Some one who for sure will come into the program in 2015 and will guarantee an 11-2 season or Big 10 championship or a BCS win?

Its fine not to be happy with losing 4 times a year or not happy with not winning a conference championship, but all you are giving me is some vague answer about being a superior and more capable coach.

So that is your answer? No names, not one person who you are sure is superior and more capable? Some one who for sure will come into the program in 2015 and will guarantee an 11-2 season or Big 10 championship or a BCS win?

Its fine not to be happy with losing 4 times a year or not happy with not winning a conference championship, but all you are giving me is some vague answer about being a superior and more capable coach.

I'm not the athletic director so my opinion on who is or isn't better literally could not matter any less. I'm also not calling for Bo's job, so I really don't care.

• Fire 1

Serious question? Why do you (and many) feel that in order to have the opinion landlord does, he also needs to provide a name - and not only any name but one that can guarantee 11 win seasons (which not even Saban could do). That person doesn't exist. But we know 100% that Bo can't guarentee it. So if you can't give me a name of someone on the current staff that can guarantee it, then I think it's time we changed staffs.

It's fine to be happy with the current 4 losses and think that Bo can improve - but all you are giving is some vague argument why no one else could possibly be better.

• Fire 1

I'm not the athletic director so my opinion on who is or isn't better literally could not matter any less. I'm also not calling for Bo's job, so I really don't care.

That's kind of a cop out answer. IMO Sabin, Meyer, and probably Spurrior are for sure superior coaches to BP. Other than that I am not sure who or if any are all that much better. Some definitely have better demeanors and are more media friendly than BP but almost all of the hot coaches of late have had something that cures all a teams woes. That is an elite QB.

I want to see Sumlin win without Johnny Football, I want to see Strong win without Bridgewater. Lets see what Dabo does next year without Taj Boyd. Jimbo didn't get over the hump until Winston started at QB. Even Meyer doesn't win as much without his QB. Don't let anybody fool you that AJ McCarron isn't an elite QB.

TM wasn't an elite QB, he was a great athlete and played his heart out, but he couldn't put his team on his shoulders and carry that team to victory. That is an elite QB.

I hope TA or JS turns into that elite QB

• Fire 2

... almost all of the hot coaches of late have had something that cures all a teams woes. That is an elite QB.

I want to see Sumlin win without Johnny Football, I want to see Strong win without Bridgewater. Lets see what Dabo does next year without Taj Boyd. Jimbo didn't get over the hump until Winston started at QB. Even Meyer doesn't win as much without his QB. Don't let anybody fool you that AJ McCarron isn't an elite QB.

They were able to find/develop those QBs, which is why they became hot coaches. Something Bo Pelini has failed to do in 6 years. Manziel didn't just drop out of the sky, nor did Bridgewater. That's like saying TO was only a great coach because he had a few great QBs in the 90's. You dont' think he had anything to do w/ that?

Serious question? Why do you (and many) feel that in order to have the opinion landlord does, he also needs to provide a name - and not only any name but one that can guarantee 11 win seasons (which not even Saban could do). That person doesn't exist. But we know 100% that Bo can't guarentee it. So if you can't give me a name of someone on the current staff that can guarantee it, then I think it's time we changed staffs.

It's fine to be happy with the current 4 losses and think that Bo can improve - but all you are giving is some vague argument why no one else could possibly be better.

That's my point, no one can guarantee it. There may be someone that may get better results than Pelini has. Heck there may be lots that can better results, but I know there are a lot that can and would get worse results.

what's wrong with giving me a name or two. Read my next post I give some names that I think are probably better.

That's my point, no one can guarantee it. There may be someone that may get better results than Pelini has. Heck there may be lots that can better results, but I know there are a lot that can and would get worse results.

what's wrong with giving me a name or two. Read my next post I give some names that I think are probably better.

Because the minute someone gives you a name you'll just say we couldn't get him, or list of any other number of reasons why the name is crap. Peterson was constantly thought of as impossible to get to Lincoln. Look where he is now. Vandy coach would never leave for Nebraska. Look where he is now. Texas and USC were too big of jobs for us to compete with. Look who they ended up with. We would have come out just fine w/ our search had it happened this off season. There were plenty of names, many we likely know nothing about - that could have performed at a level similar to Bo - with at least the "potential" (remember when we used to use that in describing Pelini a few years ago) to perform at a much higher level. How confident are you all in Bo's potential now?

... almost all of the hot coaches of late have had something that cures all a teams woes. That is an elite QB.

They were able to find/develop those QBs, which is why they became hot coaches. Something Bo Pelini has failed to do in 6 years. Manziel didn't just drop out of the sky, nor did Bridgewater. That's like saying TO was only a great coach because he had a few great QBs in the 90's. You dont' think he had anything to do w/ that?

Sumlin didn't find Manziel, he was already at A&M. Sumlin also took over at Houston with Case Keenum already there.

I think there is definitely a degree of luck to finding that elite qb that works in your system. If their wasn't every 5* would be that elite QB. We know that is not the case. IMO TO in his 25 years of coaching recruited 3 truly game changing QBs, Gill, Frazier, and Crouch. Frost was close, but not quite there. Three in 25 years and 1 didn't even play for him.

Because the minute someone gives you a name you'll just say we couldn't get him, or list of any other number of reasons why the name is crap. Peterson was constantly thought of as impossible to get to Lincoln. Look where he is now. Vandy coach would never leave for Nebraska. Look where he is now. Texas and USC were too big of jobs for us to compete with. Look who they ended up with. We would have come out just fine w/ our search had it happened this off season. There were plenty of names, many we likely know nothing about - that could have performed at a level similar to Bo - with at least the "potential" (remember when we used to use that in describing Pelini a few years ago) to perform at a much higher level. How confident are you all in Bo's potential now?

Peterson never would have come to Nebraska. No matter how much you wanted him, it never would have happened.

I think we should all listen to the OP. The two biggest Bo apologists in Lincoln think Bo should stay, they must be right.

Sip, I'll give you, but not Damon. Go listen to the podcast and learn a little.

Damon brushed the audio tape away like it was nothing. From what little I see/hear, he's gotten more and more on Bo's jock the last year or so. He was critical in 2012, less so in 13' which suprises me.

Peterson never would have come to Nebraska. No matter how much you wanted him, it never would have happened.

See :)

@74 Hunter People can do or say whatever the hell they want as far as supporting Bo Pelini or not.....so Sip and anyone else needs to just get over that bullsh#t. If you have a hard time accepting the fact that other people may not see things the same way you do, then don't step out your front door.....ever. Disagreements are a part of life. It's how you deal with it that alters the way you are viewed. Deal with it like a man, listen to others opinions, stick to our guns if you firmly believe in your position, but the worst thing that could happen is you learn some thing by listening to someone else for a change.

As far as your final comment, Bo should be cut some slack from fans because of ALL the things against him here. Elaborate please. This is one thing I still can't wrap my head around. What's sooooo damn hard about being a Head Coach at Nebraska versus elsewhere? What challenges does Bo face that 85% or more other coaches don't face? I say 85% because certainly I am aware there are some real dream jobs out there, USC, Texas, maybe Florida (whom has even found a way to fail) maybe a few others, but largely Nebraska has it very very well compared to the majority. So please teach me something, I'll listen.

Your first paragraph, just go listen to the podcast.

As for the second paragraph, let's just say that besides the inherent issues at Nebraska (small population, cold, remote, B1G affiliation) let's just say that one of his superiors isn't doing Bo any favors, on the contrary, he is sand bagging the program, for lack of a better word. I've heard this from numerous people, some public, some in private. And, if you connect the dots along with everything that has been said, it's fairly obvious.

Fyi, I'm not Bo-liever, I feel the same about him as Chaddyboxer.

I think we should all listen to the OP. The two biggest Bo apologists in Lincoln think Bo should stay, they must be right.

Sip, I'll give you, but not Damon. Go listen to the podcast and learn a little.

Damon brushed the audio tape away like it was nothing. From what little I see/hear, he's gotten more and more on Bo's jock the last year or so. He was critical in 2012, less so in 13' which suprises me.

It was nothing. I guess I'm not butt hurt over it because I'm not one of the fair weather fans he was talking about.