so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

And we act like Nebraska is struggling athletically or academically? This whole argument is a joke and from what I can tell is most,y based on some personal dislike for Perlman, nothing more. These same people would be screaming from their boxes if the anti-Bo crowd were speculating this much about Bo's job and the inner workings of what he does. Yet, complete speculation about Perlman and the things he's doing behind the scenes, with no real examples or proof, well that's alright. Just don't ever do that with Bo!

Fact is, just open your eyes and look and you see all you need to see. Nebraska was accepted into a prestigious academic conference in the Big Ten. Had AAU certification up until shortly after, but I'm not sure how vital that is. We just built a brand new basketball arena. Upgraded The Devaney Center which was a multi-million dollar project. Built on 6000 more seats in the East side of Memorial Stadium, where we still hold a consecutive sell out streak record. Our football team may be our most mediocre team currently. Mens basketball is on the rise after a fantastic hire in Coach Tim Miles. Women's basketball has become an annually ranked team and highly competitive nationally and within the conference. Coach Yori is a fantastic coach. The Nebraska Volleyball team compete nearly every year for National Championships. Our gymnastics are always top tier. Our track team does well. Our soccer team just came off one of their best seasons ever I believe. Our wrestling team is year in year out one of the best in the country. Hell, we are f'ing Bowling Champions for crying out loud!

But, yea....I hear the guy can be an arrogant prick sometimes.............

Most of the improvements you listed could equally if not almost entirely be chalked up to TO.

Perlman has done nothing but stand in the way of the engine that makes not only the whole University, BUT THE WHOLE STATE, hum along. The football program is everything. He f'd it all up, and then had to cry to TO to come fix it. He did, then obviously his arrogance and jealousy got in the way again. These used to just be opinions and speculations of mine. But after what I've heard the last week or so, it's well beyond that. I'll just have to stand by my assumptions, knowing that I'll catch some hell for it. But i also know there will be just as many who agree, because they know too.

This is just wrong. Perlman is an excellent chancellor and has been great for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I would say that even if we had lost every football game since he had been here. We try and talk about what's important for the football team and sportsmanship, graduation rates, and staying out of trouble are always listed. The money the football team makes is a drop in the hat compared to the endowment and the federal research dollars (not to mention the tuition payments) that the university and Perlman deal with and manage.

UNL is a premier land-grand university that just happens to have a football team. I am proud to have attended UNL. I got to see a lot of great football games, but more importantly, I received a world-class education.

Hi Harvey

I was thinking the same thing.

And we act like Nebraska is struggling athletically or academically? This whole argument is a joke and from what I can tell is most,y based on some personal dislike for Perlman, nothing more. These same people would be screaming from their boxes if the anti-Bo crowd were speculating this much about Bo's job and the inner workings of what he does. Yet, complete speculation about Perlman and the things he's doing behind the scenes, with no real examples or proof, well that's alright. Just don't ever do that with Bo!

Fact is, just open your eyes and look and you see all you need to see. Nebraska was accepted into a prestigious academic conference in the Big Ten. Had AAU certification up until shortly after, but I'm not sure how vital that is. We just built a brand new basketball arena. Upgraded The Devaney Center which was a multi-million dollar project. Built on 6000 more seats in the East side of Memorial Stadium, where we still hold a consecutive sell out streak record. Our football team may be our most mediocre team currently. Mens basketball is on the rise after a fantastic hire in Coach Tim Miles. Women's basketball has become an annually ranked team and highly competitive nationally and within the conference. Coach Yori is a fantastic coach. The Nebraska Volleyball team compete nearly every year for National Championships. Our gymnastics are always top tier. Our track team does well. Our soccer team just came off one of their best seasons ever I believe. Our wrestling team is year in year out one of the best in the country. Hell, we are f'ing Bowling Champions for crying out loud!

But, yea....I hear the guy can be an arrogant prick sometimes.............

Most of the improvements you listed could equally if not almost entirely be chalked up to TO.

Yep, so we won't blame the football teams up and down, bipolar tendencies week to week on Bo. No we say the administration has a lot to do with why he is having a hard time getting where he wants to be. Now when it comes to crediting the University with the recent additions to facilities, the academic successes, and the success in all athletics, well now that mostly entirely gets credited to Tom Osborne. Why do we get to blame Bo's failures on everyone else, but then the successes Harvey and the University has, well, that was all TO.

Just called Tom Osborne, he said yep, the credit all goes to him. He's pretty much a one man show. Always has been. (sarcasm obviously). Gimme a break with this hypocritical sh#t. There's no reason Bo can't be highly successful here. The only thing holding them back is Bo, his staff, and his players. Let me guess, when/if Bo ever wins a CCG or a NCG, it will be chalked up only to Bo. And Co. And these players, for having the guts and heart to fight through adversity and win it all. You all knew Bo would and could do it eventually. That will be the story when he wins it. But since he hasn't yet, well, it's the administration and that damn Harvey Perlman, the media and social media, the demons of the underworld that Kenny Bell wants to fight with, yep, it's their fault we aren't where we should be. Lots of blame for failure, and no credit given when success is reached. Don't claim they can hamper him so badly, yet have no influence when it all goes well. Goes well.....like almost every other Husker sport is going well.

Bo is going to be the coach next year, regardless of this nonsense. I'm not even getting into the fire Bo nonsense with my comments. That ship has sailed for at least another year. Quite the opposite actually, I was one that was very impressed with the way the defense excelled the second half of the season. I can't be more excited about the talent coming back on defense next season. I'm a huge fan of Tommy Armstrongs. I think this offense next season will be the best we've seen from Beck. Lots to look forward to about next year, and that win over Georgia was motivating as hell for me. A real sign of this teams focus and approach they are taking toward next season. I've said a lot of positive things. So I don't want to once again get wrapped up in the fire Bo nonsense because it means nothing. He's the coach. My end of the conversation here is this problem with Bo apologists and quite frankly Bo and his staff with the constant excuses. When they aren't making excuses a lot of you are making them for them. Enough is enough with the excuses. Focus on football. It's obviously a probes, in the football program right now. Focus on football. Win games. Take care of you. Stop looking at everyone else when something goes bad. As I said above, we all like to blame everyone else when we fail, but boy when we win we make sure we point at the name on the back of the jersey as we cross the goal line.

Who is blaming Bo's short comings on Harvey? I'm just calling a spade a spade. TO can be credited for the expansion, the bball hire, Devaney renovation, getting the arena done (Perlmem probably deserves equal credit there). Harvey has ran the University overall pretty well, but he's had issues handling the athletic side of it; Callahan/Pederson, publicly reprimanding Bo, speaking out when he doesn't need to, things like that (some are beginning to argue Echorst, but I think the jury is still out). I don't think anyone is really a Bo apologist these days. Maybe one or two people here could be remotely labeled as that, but the vast majority are of the sh#t or get off the pot crowd now. I myself like Bo and everything he's done with this team (academics, few criminal issues, doing things the right way, etc.) but at the same time this year is pretty much it. I really wish Bo could stay, but if he can't achieve something tangible this year I think it might be time to part ways. Which really pains me because I don't think he's done anything to deserve that, it's just the way things have become in this day and age.

Who is blaming Bo's short comings on Harvey? I'm just calling a spade a spade. TO can be credited for the expansion, the bball hire, Devaney renovation, getting the arena done (Perlmem probably deserves equal credit there). Harvey has ran the University overall pretty well, but he's had issues handling the athletic side of it; Callahan/Pederson, publicly reprimanding Bo, speaking out when he doesn't need to, things like that (some are beginning to argue Echorst, but I think the jury is still out). I don't think anyone is really a Bo apologist these days. Maybe one or two people here could be remotely labeled as that, but the vast majority are of the sh#t or get off the pot crowd now. I myself like Bo and everything he's done with this team (academics, few criminal issues, doing things the right way, etc.) but at the same time this year is pretty much it. I really wish Bo could stay, but if he can't achieve something tangible this year I think it might be time to part ways. Which really pains me because I don't think he's done anything to deserve that, it's just the way things have become in this day and age.

Who's blaming Bo's shortcomings in Harvey? Have you read the thread or what in the world are you talking about. I refuse to even read the rest of your comment past that sentence.

Who's blaming Bo's shortcomings in Harvey? Have you read the thread or what in the world are you talking about. I refuse to even read the rest of your comment past that sentence.

Jesus man give it a read, it's pretty reasonable. People are saying that Harvey doesn't have his full support behind Bo. I don't think anyone is saying that Bo is losing because Harvey isn't supporting him. You can't deny that you would be more productive knowing that your boss has your back, than to be constantly looking over your shoulder wondering if he's just looking for the right chance to throw you out.

Jesus man give it a read, it's pretty reasonable. People are saying that Harvey doesn't have his full support behind Bo. I don't think anyone is saying that Bo is losing because Harvey isn't supporting him. You can't deny that you would be more productive knowing that your boss has your back, than to be constantly looking over your shoulder wondering if he's just looking for the right chance to throw you out.

They've clearly said Perlman is hindering Bo's ability to recruit and limiting him in ways that are affecting his results. They've said it repeatedly or implied it extensively. I didnt think this point could even be debated? Once again, shows what I know. Whether my boss supports me or not, I do my job. Period. If I feel I can't do my job effectively I will address it with my boss because I am a man and that what men do. If I can't resolve it in that way and my boss's authority is becoming a problem in how I can live my life, I will immediately begin my search for a new job. I know everyone likes to feel appreciated and supported, but I guess where I come from it doesn't mean you do your job half assed because you think your boss doesn't like you. Hell, if anything, it makes me want his job.

...but the thing a lot of us are getting at is that if Harvey doesn't snapchat 25 times a day with Bo that doesn't mean he isn't a righteous dude.

Meaning his relationship with the coach, sour or not, should have no bearing on his job status. If it does, I am quite concerned about that entire University beyond the football program.

If personal character flaws are enough reason for somebody to run down a persons entire career full of achievements, well then Bo Pelini is still finger painting in kindergarten and isn't worth a sh#t at that either.

*drops the microphone and walks off*

• Fire 1

...but the thing a lot of us are getting at is that if Harvey doesn't snapchat 25 times a day with Bo that doesn't mean he isn't a righteous dude.

Meaning his relationship with the coach, sour or not, should have no bearing on his job status. If it does, I am quite concerned about that entire University beyond the football program.

Bo owes it to himself, his staff, his family, his players and to the kids he recruits to do the best job he can. Harvey doesn't like me seems like a lame reason not to do so. Once again, Nebraska has all the tools to be successful. We've proven it in the past and I'd say we have advanced quite a bit since then. Enough excuses.

• Fire 1

That's not what I was getting at. He's a man of integrity and would do his job as long as he's holding the position. But you are probably less likely to get things like what were said on the audio tape, and "if they want to fire me, fire me" if he's comfortable with where he's at. I'm not excusing the behavior, because ultimately he's responsible for his actions but to say that, if it's true, he doesn't have support (and that is speculation to anyone but Harvey and Bo) he should be all sunshine and roses is a little out there as well.

Bo owes it to himself, his staff, his family, his players and to the kids he recruits to do the best job he can. Harvey doesn't like me seems like a lame reason not to do so. Once again, Nebraska has all the tools to be successful. We've proven it in the past and I'd say we have advanced quite a bit since then. Enough excuses.

Well of coarse we have all the tools to be successfull but when you are only given a hammer and a screwdriver and told to go fix the car, it doesn't really help.

I'm sure you meant that as some wise analogy for the situation but all you did was brought the entire thread back full circle. The beginning question was what does Bo not have that 85% of other schools have? As the original poster said, Bo has to overcome ALL of these things. Well again, what are those things Bo faces that nearly every other school in the country doesn't face? One guy said recruiting may be tougher considering the lack of population and lack of talent the state of Nebraska produces. Okay, I can give him that, but is that it? That's all? Yet, as much as that may hurt, Nebraska is head and shoulders above some as far as tradition, fan base, facilities, and money. So those things can clearly be counted as pro's not con's. Then that's when the discussion turned to Bo being inhibited by Perlman. Again, another excuse with not a whole lot of backing. So in other words Stumpy, there's a rehash of it since you didn't read the thread.

And comparing the tools Nebraska has to a hammer and a screwdriver? Gimme a break. It's been done here before. There's no reason it can't be done again. Fact is, we have it even better than we did before. The facilities are better. The access to the country and recruits is better. Social media, Internet, communication of all kinds is better. Also, point blank, there's far more athletes and better athletes to choose from.

So once again, even after some of the excuses I've hear here, that's all they are. Excuses. None of them really change my belief. My belief is there is no reason Nebraska can't be elite again. No reason. The only thing I beg of the people pointing fingers and blaming for the "effect" the administration is having right now is don't forget to thank those people and give them credit for the "effect" they are having when we win. There will be a time when Nebraska is elite again. Hopefully soon.