so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

I used the recruiting staff as an example and I think it was taken as my whole argument. my general point is that we're not doing all we can do as an administration-whether it be from a university or solely AD stanpoint-to support the football program and the current staff. i dont really think it's some conspiracal undermining like I stated earlier. Maybe it's complacency. Maybe it's just straight up incompetence. i dont know. What I have heard was a pretty wide consensus at that regents meeting a few weeks back. I think the term was "more to support the flagship". It was put out here by daskers. So I did some asking of my own and found out pretty much the same thing. The efforts are being made now, but recently, there hasnt even been close as much support as there shoulda been. I dont know the reasons and dont care, but there needs to be more. Especially if the money is there. And it is.

I was joking just this morning with my boss about Tim Miles. I says "we're gonna have to start thinkin about ponyin up some dough here shortly if we wanna keep him the way he's goin". He tells me "oh, the money's there. dont worry about that. It always has been. We just need to get someone in charge that'll sign the damn checks."

Meh. Regents are politicians, nothing more. Their opinions change with the winds. No disrespect intended towards you, I just don't put too much stock in what they have to say.

I agree. But like politicians, they also have some power. But most of this concept was pushed onto the regents by some major boosters at such meeting. At least as far as what I heard.

Carlfense, it has been stated on Finebaum numerous times the total is really around 60. Saben has come up with titles to hide them, actually got in a little trouble over it and cut the number slightly. this has been discussed on his show many times. Supposedly most in the SEC are following his lead. Not a level playing field, and if Nebraska wants to win and compete for recruits, it is going to require the rules to be changed or Nebraska to do the norm.

I don't doubt that the big SEC schools are doing everything possible to bend/break the rules. In fact, I'd be quite surprised if they weren't behaving badly.

That said . . . this excuse making is sad. Take off the blinders people. :hmmph

Then what is the real issue? I would really like to know.

I am not making excuses. Bo is not the greatest coach in the country. Saben most likely is. He takes every advantage he can get. I do not want Nebraska to cheat, but if Bama can employ 20 to 60 people to make recruiting easier, we should be able to and do it without question. Bo needs all the help he can get At this point in time, so does the program. Begging to get two extra employees really seems like we are missing the boat.

I will remind you again, No MNC has won the that title with out top 5 classes in the proceeding 5 years in the last ten years or longer.

I am not making excuses. Bo is not the greatest coach in the country. Saben most likely is. He takes every advantage he can get. I do not want Nebraska to cheat, but if Bama can employ 20 to 60 people to make recruiting easier, we should be able to and do it without question. Bo needs all the help he can get At this point in time, so does the program. Begging to get two extra employees really seems like we are missing the boat.

Back that up if you want to claim it.

I will remind you again, No MNC has won the that title with out top 5 classes in the proceeding 5 years in the last ten years or longer.

I'm not sure if any amount of administrative resources could deliver top 5 classes with Bo Pelini as the head coach.

Here is the directory of their staff for athletics. I'd say it's considerably larger than ours.

http://www.rolltide....b-staffdir.html

of note in regards to football recruiting...

Joe Pannunzio, Director/Football

Tyler Siskey, Associate Director/Player Personnel

Kevin Steele, Director of Player Personnel

Ashleigh Kimble, Assistant Director of Player Personnel

Willie Carl Martin, Director of Player Development

Kerry Stevenson, Director of Player Development

Candice Rosenkranz, Recruiting Operations Coordinator

Dean Altobelli, Football Analyst

Jeff Norrid, Football Analyst

Ronnie Letson, Football Analyst

Joe Palcic, Football Analyst

Jake Peetz, Football Analyst

Brendan Farrell, Football Analyst

Wes Neighbors, Football Analyst

William Vlachos, Football Analyst

Cedric Burns, Athletics Relations Coordinator

...and something I doubt you'd see at Nebraska...

FLIGHT OPERATIONS - BOX 870323, TUSCALOOSA, AL 35487 - (P) 348-7797 - (F) 348-9691

Tommy Brown, Aircraft Maintenance Tech

Robert Wallace, Manager, Flight Operations

Michael Shaw, Pilot

Glen Plugge, Pilot

Here is the directory of their staff for athletics. I'd say it's considerably larger than ours.

FLIGHT OPERATIONS - BOX 870323, TUSCALOOSA, AL 35487 - (P) 348-7797 - (F) 348-9691

Michael Shaw, Pilot

Glen Plugge, Pilot

So, if we assume that each of those people are devoted to making recruiting easier we're at 20. Where does the 60 number come in? And how does this compare to Nebraska? I know that we don't have a flight crew . . . but what about the others?

Michael Shaw, Pilot

Glen Plugge, Pilot

So, if we assume that each of those people are devoted to making recruiting easier we're at 20. Where does the 60 number come in? And how does this compare to Nebraska? I know that we don't have a flight crew . . . but what about the others?

Finebaum.

i have not been following this too closely, but i think junior made this point. alabama has nothing to do with this conversation. what matters is if we are doing everything we can to at least win the big 10, then we can worry about alabama.

are we? does mich., wiscy, osu, msu, psu provide their coaches with more tools to succeed?

• Fire 4

i have not been following this too closely, but i think junior made this point. alabama has nothing to do with this conversation. what matters is if we are doing everything we can to at least win the big 10, then we can worry about alabama.

are we? does mich., wiscy, osu, msu, psu provide their coaches with more tools to succeed?

I'd imagine that the contrast between Nebraska and the schools that you listed is harder to demonstrate . . . which probably helps explain why certain fans want to instead compare Nebraska to Alabama.

• Fire 2

Yes, it came from Finebaum, and not in a positive tone. Actually they were discussing the numbers that had been cut due to notification by NCAA, but according to the local paper's editor, had worked around most of the cuts. The analyst side was stated to be much larger.

I am not knocking Bo or Nebraska, what I am saying is that if it is legal for Bama to do something that helps them, then it should be across the board. As far as Michigan or Wisconsin, I could care less. Bo is hamstrung by location, possibly the lack of private planes, but he should not be, nor should Nebraska be limited to less in the recruiting division.

Will we have top 5 classes, doubtful who ever is coaching. But we should be on a level playing field with any program in the nation as far as manpower. We are not.

I hear stories of Bo and other coaches attending high school games. Saben state that the only high school game he attended was for Jamis, once. That means someone else is doing the job that Bo has to. Giving him less time to do other things. I do not think Bo is saying I do not need anymore help, but I do believe the Athletic Department is short stepping on this side of the house. This program is what pays the bills, it needs every opportunity to succeed, and so does Bo, or who ever is the head coach. We were once cutting edge in college football, maybe not so much anymore.

Not a Bo fan, but he is our head coach this year. I want him to have every opportunity to win period. Nothing in the world would make me happier.

There was an article about Garrison saying his flying time to ascertain whether a recruit was what they wanted/ or wanted by took up many hours. According to the Finebaum program, that type of stuff is handled by the under staff, and when the time to close the deal comes that coach is sent. Pre screening, time saving because the have extra manpower to do the job.