so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

Yeah last year we only had 2 blowout losses with the easy schedule. But this year we have Fresno St, Miami, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Iowa. A little bit more loaded. Bo does need to fix the depth issue and not use it as a excuse. Ever year it can't be about depth. That means you aren't recruiting right. I support Bo but Bo has to dig himself out of it. I hope this year he does good and breaks some trends he has had the past couple of years but not going out of the way just to keep a guy.

2 of those 5 games are huge. Fresno St, who only had the season they did last year, losses their elite QB. Its not going to be easy for them to get a guy in and do what they did.

Miami, look at their record last year. The only thing that would worry me about this team, is how much exposure there is going to be and it getting to the players. Letting it be a bigger game than it should be. (IE Texas game)

Michigan St, they just amaze me with how up and down they have been and then win the Rose Bowl. I don't believe they were elite, but they are good enough to be concerned about.

Wisconsin, they lose a ton of starters and have a lot of shoes to fill. They lose some key OL, LBers and TE's. A lot to account for, but Anderson is a good coach and they will be competitive.

Iowa, until they can show they can replace their whole experienced, big and physical defense, I am not concerned. They replace all 3 starting LBers, Safely, a DL, DB, a few OL and a very talented TE in Fiedorowicz. Just too many keys to their success last year that will be missing. That, and they don't even know who will be their starting QB, once again.

You don't think Michigan st had an elite team last year. That's, uh, insane. And please don't tell me that Nebraska "should have won" because that's absolutely on its face ridiculous. Nebraska never once led, showed early they were way too undisicplined and and unprepared to even hold on to the football on simple running plays, and needed a mercy score at the end to make the score appear closer than it was. This was all at home by the way.

You can give the Nebraska fan shrug and say with all of the self conceived knowledge that some think is acquired simply by walking under the signs at Memorial Stadium that call you the greatest that "well to me, they aren't that good. I've seen good teams and they aren't one" all you want. I hope it makes you feel better. I've heard it about Michigan St, Wisconsin, and any other team of late that has embarrassed Nebraska. Wisconsin has taken great pleasure and ease in handing the Huskers their ass 10 out of the 12 quarters they've played. MSU built off the lucky break NU got in 2012 and thumped them. The Iowa games, which so many here think every Hawkeye fan should bow and kiss our hands for being so benevolent to even grace the field with our presence with them (nevermind that they have the most recent BCS appearances), well they weren't exactly easy wins for NU and this year was an embarrassing loss in front of a Memorial stadium that wasn't even close to full.

These are not good things. And they're happening in front of a coach who's had the better part of a decade to do things his way. It needs to change and it needs to change now.

Lucky break in 2012? Care to tell me what that break was? Just for clarity.

I agree with about everything else you posted.

I don't specifically know which of the terrible calls are being counted as lucky but both MSU and PSU games in 2012 were horribly officiated.

Sure, they were terribly officiated, but I remember being down 24-14 against Michigan State and being down 20-6 against Penn State. The refereeing wouldn't have been a factor had we not found a way to make it a game again. Let's not forget that.

You don't think Michigan st had an elite team last year. That's, uh, insane. And please don't tell me that Nebraska "should have won" because that's absolutely on its face ridiculous. Nebraska never once led, showed early they were way too undisicplined and and unprepared to even hold on to the football on simple running plays, and needed a mercy score at the end to make the score appear closer than it was. This was all at home by the way.

You can give the Nebraska fan shrug and say with all of the self conceived knowledge that some think is acquired simply by walking under the signs at Memorial Stadium that call you the greatest that "well to me, they aren't that good. I've seen good teams and they aren't one" all you want. I hope it makes you feel better. I've heard it about Michigan St, Wisconsin, and any other team of late that has embarrassed Nebraska. Wisconsin has taken great pleasure and ease in handing the Huskers their ass 10 out of the 12 quarters they've played. MSU built off the lucky break NU got in 2012 and thumped them. The Iowa games, which so many here think every Hawkeye fan should bow and kiss our hands for being so benevolent to even grace the field with our presence with them (nevermind that they have the most recent BCS appearances), well they weren't exactly easy wins for NU and this year was an embarrassing loss in front of a Memorial stadium that wasn't even close to full.

These are not good things. And they're happening in front of a coach who's had the better part of a decade to do things his way. It needs to change and it needs to change now.

No I don't think MSU had an elite team, is there a problem with that? IF we knew how to hold onto the ball, that game would have had a whole different outcome. If you fail to realize that, then that's on you. I could honestly give two sh#ts less. I give my opinion and am not knocking anyone down about theirs, but you sure in the f#*k like to try to do that. Get the f#*k off your high horse man. People are allowed to have their own opinions and not be ridiculed about them or do we all have to think like you do?! If I had the attitude you did about this program, I sure in the f#*k wouldn't be visiting boards and trying to have a discussion about them.

Yes, there is a problem with that. It means you think a top five team isn't elite, which, well, I'll just leave it that.

And as for my attitude, well, let's just say that I'm capable of loving my alma mater and it's football team. And cheering for it. And, discussing all aspects of it, including the points where they aren't so great. Sorry you can't.

Yes, there is a problem with that. It means you think a top five team isn't elite, which, well, I'll just leave it that.

And as for my attitude, well, let's just say that I'm capable of loving my alma mater and it's football team. And cheering for it. And, discussing all aspects of it, including the points where they aren't so great. Sorry you can't.

Oh bud, trust me I can. I just don't have to nit-pick each and every positive post that gets put up. Sure they were ranked top 5, but I don't think they were a top 5 team. Sorry to disagree with you there.

Oh bud, trust me I can. I just don't have to nit-pick each and every positive post that gets put up. Sure they were ranked top 5, but I don't think they were a top 5 team. Sorry to disagree with you there.

They were probably the worst one loss, top ranked defense, conference winning, Rose Bowl winning, team that beat another team that hadn't lost in two years maybe ever. What a bunch of clods up in East Lansing.

• Fire 2

Or, we can try this a different way: it doesn't bother you that Nebraska got embarrassed by a non elite Michigan st team in year six of Bo's career?

• Fire 1

They were probably the worst one loss, top ranked defense, conference winning, Rose Bowl winning, team that beat another team that hadn't lost in two years maybe ever. What a bunch of clods up in East Lansing.

Keep in mind, last offseason Herbstreit gave H.N. Nick the sads for picking Michigan State to win the division. Touchy subject.

• Fire 1

Or, we can try this a different way: it doesn't bother you that Nebraska got embarrassed by a non elite Michigan st team in year six of Bo's career?

What embarrassed me about that game, is how our players just couldn't hold onto the ball. Is that Bo's fault? Please explain how if so. We pull out who to put in who? Another thing that embarrassed me, is how we pissed down our leg on another national televised game. Our time to shine and our offense couldn't stick to the basics of football.

Keep in mind, last offseason Herbstreit gave H.N. Nick the sads for picking Michigan State to win the division. Touchy subject.

Myself and almost every other fan didn't think it was possible. There is honestly nothing wrong with me thinking that they aren't an elite team. I was proved wrong, and I can admit that, but its not like Stanford had a top 25 offense going into the Rose Bowl. How many top 25 offenses did MSU have to face all year? I can tell you... 2. Nebraska and Ohio State. Not hard to tally up "the best defense in the nation" when most of the teams you face barely crack a top 50 offense.

What embarrassed me about that game, is how our players just couldn't hold onto the ball. Is that Bo's fault? Please explain how if so. We pull out who to put in who? Another thing that embarrassed me, is how we pissed down our leg on another national televised game. Our time to shine and our offense couldn't stick to the basics of football

I also think thats why we fumble so much cause they know they won't be taken out for long cause we don't have any depth. Also it doesn't force our players to become any better. Even if the guy behind Ameer sucks if Ameer keeps fumbling take him out and show him that no player is held above others. Also could be the main reason why even when Ameer did talk to the other players after Wyoming why no listened cause nothing will happen to him. I would bet you that if all starters were threatened to get benched for any extended time that would eliminate most if not all mistakes.

Myself and almost every other fan didn't think it was possible. There is honestly nothing wrong with me thinking that they aren't an elite team. I was proved wrong, and I can admit that, but its not like Stanford had a top 25 offense going into the Rose Bowl. How many top 25 offenses did MSU have to face all year? I can tell you... 2. Nebraska and Ohio State. Not hard to tally up "the best defense in the nation" when most of the teams you face barely crack a top 50 offense.

Hmmm, I wonder if you'd feel the same way if it was Nebraska that had a top defense year after year after year.

Sooner or later you just have to admit that maybe they're pretty dang good.

Basically just another thread that turns into the usual suspects that hate Bo (unless he has a great upcoming season) vs. the usual suspects that support Bo (unless he has a bad upcoming season). There is not a chance of any offseason Huskerboard post that is going to change anyone's mind in either camp this year.

Thankfully, both basketball teams are doing pretty well, and it'll be fun to see how Erstad's team gets going on the diamond. And I'm glad for this. Because I almost cringe at going to the 'Football' subforum anymore. It just always turns in to the same crap. I understand it's my own choice to go to it. But it's my favorite Husker sport. I always hope to see something of interest on it. And once in a while I do. And then it just turns into WWIII, as usual.

Hmmm, I wonder if you'd feel the same way if it was Nebraska that had a top defense year after year after year.

Okay The Dude, I never said they were a bad team. Their defense is pretty good, but I don't think they are an elite TEAM. Their offense was average and their defense was above average, and in some people's eyes, they are up there at the top. The only two top offensive teams MSU faced, their defense was torn apart. This is all I am saying. NU, 5 turnovers, losing the T.O.P. still hurt them worse than any previous team and Ohio St did a number on them. Remember, MSU didn't beat tOSU single handily, while 90% of this board (including myself) said tOSU was overrated. If they were overrated, and they almost beat this ELITE team, then something has to give. They were good, but not elite.

But I am not going to sit here and keep having this debate. I have my opinion, you have yours. NUPolo has his. This has gone into way too much of a bitch fest. I don't have the will to continue this.

Okay The Dude, I never said they were a bad team. Their defense is pretty good, but I don't think they are an elite TEAM. Their offense was average and their defense was above average, and in some people's eyes, they are up there at the top. The only two top offensive teams MSU faced, their defense was torn apart. This is all I am saying. NU, 5 turnovers, losing the T.O.P. still hurt them worse than any previous team and Ohio St did a number on them. Remember, MSU didn't beat tOSU single handily, while 90% of this board (including myself) said tOSU was overrated. If they were overrated, and they almost beat this ELITE team, then something has to give. They were good, but not elite.

But I am not going to sit here and keep having this debate. I have my opinion, you have yours. NUPolo has his. This has gone into way too much of a bitch fest. I don't have the will to continue this.

Unless I missed the part where Michigan St made the hot tag and someone else helped beat Ohio St, I'm pretty sure Michigan St single handedly beat OSU.