A question to Indiana...

Hey, you know that really famous basketball movie from your state? I think it's called 'Hoosiers'. It's about this school not known for basketball, has a new coach, loses a player they probably needed, but then comes together and does the unthinkable and beats an established 'basketball school'?

Just wondered if you knew what that school, 'Hickory', what their nickname was.

:)

• Fire 6

Hey, you know that really famous basketball movie from your state? I think it's called 'Hoosiers'. It's about this school not known for basketball, has a new coach, loses a player they probably needed, but then comes together and does the unthinkable and beats an established 'basketball school'?

Hickory Huskers. I remember a big sign "Go Huskers" painted in red barn at convoy scene. "Hoosiers" (Gene Hackman) based on real story but "Hickory" and "Huskers" made up. Actually, Milan High School "Indians" (less than 150 students) instead of Hickory Huskers which won 1954 Indiana state championship against powerful Muncie Central High School, a school ten times its size. Kinda like Fairmont HS against Omaha Central.

It's about this school not known for basketball

Not true. Milan is basketball-loving town

SpoilerAlert.gif

Yeah, the story is embellished a lot. Milan was definitely a small town, but they had actually been in the state finals the year before. It was no fluke that they were in the finals or that they won. BTW been to the Indiana State Basketball HOF. It is a phenomenal shrine to all thing Indiana basketball.