The New Nebrasketball-A different animal

I was having this discussion about us with my brother Saturday afternoon and just wanted to bring it a'board. He's got kind of a negative aura about him, more like my Dad. No matter how good things are going, he has a hard time viewing it with any sort of confidence. He says "oh, theyll make the tourney and be out 1st game, ladeeda". So I argued with him and told him I didnt think so, out of my blind confidence, but it got me thinking....

I really do believe this is a different animal after attending that game yesterday. This wasnt some fly-by-night, once in a blue moon upset. Our guys went toe to toe with a potential #1 seed and appeared to actually be the better team when all was said and done. And one thing about this team during this stretch that is new to Nebrasketball, is that whenever the opposing team has made "that run" that makes you think "well, this is it. NOW we're gonna see the real Nebraska basketball", these guys have dug deep and made the plays down the stretch to get the W's. 10 in 12 games. One in East lansing. One in Bloomington. And then yesterday. To fall down by 7 in an ugly way within 2 minutes into the 2nd half, our guys didnt waver one slight inch. They stuck with it, and continued to play with a fire and tenacity that is actually very unlike the Nebrasketball we've grown accustomed to. And to be a part of that crowd there. That amazing atmosphere. One of which I've never been a part of such thing where a team and a crowd fed off each other like that for AN ENTIRE GAME. Even when behind, it was just relentless and ruthless hostility. it was a thing of beauty. Been to a lot of big football games. Been to some great moments at the ole Bob. But it's hard to top yesterday, cuz it just feels so much more significant.

I see on our players' face. Their confidence. Determination. Swagger. It's just feels unreal that this is how it's turning. No, there shouldntve been a doubt, but we all know there was some lingering. That doubt should be erased now.

I agree with you, they've got some grit and I think they can make a decent run in the tourney and and the B1G tourney. I don't care if we've got Michigan right out of the gate, they barely beat us at home....................bring it! The Vault has an AMAZING atmosphere, I'll be going to a game there. If only Memorial could be that way................

While I was not at the game (watched on TV), the fact that everybody stood the whole game is a huge development for the fan base. The team did their part and the fans did as well. That is what a basketball game in the college ranks should be like. We all know that the blue blood basketball schools have this and while we don't have the history, we sure as hell can make history and I believe Miles is the guy to do it. He has too love the fact that the fire has been stoked and the fan support is at a fever so soon in his coaching gig here at Nebraska. We have the nucleus to be very competitive for the next few years and with that comes the recruits who want to be part of something bigger.

I felt that exact way yesterday when we started getting a bit behind. I thought, well, here goes. Thinking the team was going to begin to panic, take some awful shots and fall apart. Instead of forcing shots and turning the ball over though, these guys started taking it to the hoop, drawing fouls. The defense stepped up, we started to fight. Damn that was fun to watch. Suddenly we became the team putting the game away, and you could see Wisconsin was the team feeling the pressure, and they were buckling beneath it. When this Husker team drives to the hoop, makes their free throws, and plays solid defense, they are really a tough team to stop. That goes for all teams obviously, but it's just neat to see Nebraska is finally one of those teams. Playing very good basketball.

I felt that exact way yesterday when we started getting a bit behind. I thought, well, here goes. Thinking the team was going to begin to panic, take some awful shots and fall apart. Instead of forcing shots and turning the ball over though, these guys started taking it to the hoop, drawing fouls. The defense stepped up, we started to fight. Damn that was fun to watch. Suddenly we became the team putting the game away, and you could see Wisconsin was the team feeling the pressure, and they were buckling beneath it. When this Husker team drives to the hoop, makes their free throws, and plays solid defense, they are really a tough team to stop. That goes for all teams obviously, but it's just neat to see Nebraska is finally one of those teams. Playing very good basketball.

Can't argue with ^^, This team is really developing, playing with confidence. The defense is night and day from the beginning of the season.