The officiating was horse****

HuskerNationNick, I have a question...did you watch the entirety of the game?

To be clear, by "entirety of the game"...I mean all 40 minutes of it

I was going to ask the same question.

Yes I did. To blame it on the refs, is just ridiculous and quite tiring. Were the refs out there causing us to miss all those FG's? Those 3's? Our FT's? LOL We lost because we couldn't shoot worth the sh#t in the first half. Period. Had we played the way we did in the second half, Baylor would have been destroyed.

You want to talk about a game that was decided because of fouls, you should have watched the Gonzaga/Okie St game.

I am surprised that there is a lot of bitching about officiating, and not more about how much we actually stunk up the court!

1st Half: 16 Points!!!!!

FG % 6-26 23.1%

3FG % 0-11 0.0%

FT % 4-9 44.4%

THIS IS WHY WE LOST! Not the officiating! We were just lucky Baylor was stinking up the court as well, because it could have been really ugly.

Simply put, the better team won today. The officiating was bad, but it was bad both ways. Maybe slightly worse on our end, but the refs didn't make us shoot 6-26 in FG's and 0-11 on the 3pt line!

On another note, congrats to Miles and company for making the NCAA tourney. Definitely a milestone was set this year, and hope for many more with Miles at the throne.

FG % NE 42.6 % Baylor 40.5%

3 PT NE 19% Baylor 15%

Baylor had more rb, but NE had more blocks & steels

Turnover were even.

Looks like a pretty even game, but 48 to 16 difference in foul shots.

Please show all the stats.

• Fire 1

I am surprised that there is a lot of bitching about officiating, and not more about how much we actually stunk up the court!

FG % 6-26 23.1%

3FG % 0-11 0.0%

FT % 4-9 44.4%

THIS IS WHY WE LOST! Not the officiating! We were just lucky Baylor was stinking up the court as well, because it could have been really ugly.

Simply put, the better team won today. The officiating was bad, but it was bad both ways. Maybe slightly worse on our end, but the refs didn't make us shoot 6-26 in FG's and 0-11 on the 3pt line!

On another note, congrats to Miles and company for making the NCAA tourney. Definitely a milestone was set this year, and hope for many more with Miles at the throne.

3 PT NE 19% Baylor 15%

Turnover were even.

Who gives a f#*k what the full stats are!? The first half is why we lost! Baylor adjusted to the officiating, we didn't. We continued to play physical and somehow thought we would get the officials to call the game differently. We shot the ball 35 times, made only 6, not ONE of them being a 3. You tell me that isn't why we lost? Come on. Had we played like we did the second half (shooting wise), we would have won that game, even with the way it was officiated. This is what I am getting at.

FG % 6-26 23.1%

3FG % 0-11 0.0%

FT % 4-9 44.4%

3 PT NE 19% Baylor 15%

Turnover were even.

Who gives a f#*k what the full stats are!? The first half is why we lost! Baylor adjusted to the officiating, we didn't. We continued to play physical and somehow thought we would get the officials to call the game differently. We shot the ball 35 times, made only 6, not ONE of them being a 3. You tell me that isn't why we lost? Come on. Had we played like we did the second half (shooting wise), we would have won that game, even with the way it was officiated. This is what I am getting at.

I did not say we lost the game because of the refs. You made a point that was incomplete. I do not know what you where watching, but Baylor made no changes because they did not have to worry about foul trouble. The officials also called several touch fouls in the first half which put Baylor on the line a lot. That was the difference, whether you like or not. The fact are the facts!

we were down by 13 at the half and ended up losing by 14. if we had played the first half like the 2nd we would have won the game by -2?

we were down by 13 at the half and ended up losing by 14. if we had played the first half like the 2nd we would have won the game by -2?

Are you really being serious?

FG % 6-26 23.1%

3FG % 0-11 0.0%

FT % 4-9 44.4%

FG% 2nd half: 17-28 60.7%

3FG% 2nd half: 4-10 40.0%

FT% 2nd half: 6-7 85.7%

I did not say we lost the game because of the refs. You made a point that was incomplete. I do not know what you where watching, but Baylor made no changes because they did not have to worry about foul trouble. The officials also called several touch fouls in the first half which put Baylor on the line a lot. That was the difference, whether you like or not. The fact are the facts!

Their number one player, Chery was in foul trouble early in the second half, so facts are facts right?

Their number one player, Chery was in foul trouble early in the second half, so facts are facts right?

Wow, reality is tough for you!

Yes I did. To blame it on the refs, is just ridiculous and quite tiring. Were the refs out there causing us to miss all those FG's? Those 3's? Our FT's? LOL We lost because we couldn't shoot worth the sh#t in the first half. Period. Had we played the way we did in the second half, Baylor would have been destroyed.

Well then...you have your opinion & I have mine. I don't know how someone could watch that entire game & come to the conclusion that the officiating was fair...but very well.

Actually, I do have 1 more question for you...do you feel that the officiating in the 2010 Nebraska - Texas A&M football game was fair as well?

Wow, reality is tough for you!

Have you ran out of tissues yet?

Well then...you have your opinion & I have mine. I don't know how someone could watch that entire game & come to the conclusion that the officiating was fair...but very well.

Actually, I do have 1 more question for you...do you feel that the officiating in the 2010 Nebraska - Texas A&M football game was fair as well?

A good team overcomes officiating. We weren't a good team them, and we weren't a good team today. I never said it was "fair". Your just putting words in my mouth and finding something to argue about. The officiating effected the game, but not the outcome. Our shooting in the first half effected the outcome. If that is hard for anyone to see, then your letting your emotions get in the way. Our defense, EVEN with the fouls, kept us in that game.

FG % 6-26 23.1%

3FG % 0-11 0.0%

FT % 4-9 44.4%

3 PT NE 19% Baylor 15%

Turnover were even.

Baylor adjusted to the officiating? Yeah that must have been tough for them.

A good team overcomes officiating. We weren't a good team them, and we weren't a good team today. I never said it was "fair". Your just putting words in my mouth and finding something to argue about.

Yes, I did unintentionally put words in your mouth. However, in an earlier post in this thread you wrote "Maybe slightly worse on our end" in regards to the officiating. So by that quote, I inferred that, for the most part, you felt the game was fairly officiated. It was not my intention to put words in your mouth.

EDIT - So I will rephrase my final question...would you say that in the 2010 Nebraska - Texas A&M football game...was the officiating "maybe slightly worse on our end"? Because IMO...when the game is tied 6-6 & one team kicks a game winning field goal because of a late hit that clearly is not a late hit...I define that as 'egregious' & I will apply the same definition to tonights basketball game