The officiating was horse****

I didn't think it was purposefully biased either, but I thought that it was called in such a way that was egregiously beneficial to one team over the other. That's a systemic bias, which is still a bias. Miles got an unwarranted technical for simply pointing this out.

Regardless, congratulations on the win and good luck Sunday.

The ref that T'ed up Miles, Karl Hess, should never work another game again. He is an awful official.

Thanks for the well-wishes. You guys are always a great fan base.

• Fire 1

The counterpoint to that, zoogies, is that Baylor didn't "deserve a win" more than Nebraska.

Yeah, all that is true. Was just focusing on the Huskers, but can't disagree with anything you said. I hope the next time we run into a situation like this we find a way to end up on top.

I didn't think it was purposefully biased either, but I thought that it was called in such a way that was egregiously beneficial to one team over the other. That's a systemic bias, which is still a bias. Miles got an unwarranted technical for simply pointing this out.

Regardless, congratulations on the win and good luck Sunday.

The ref that T'ed up Miles, Karl Hess, should never work another game again. He is an awful official.

Thanks for the well-wishes. You guys are always a great fan base.

Agree with both of you.

There is plenty for Nebrasketball to work on so they can get better. The game wasn't called great, but I think Nebraska's shot selection in the first half and subsequent percentage had a lot more to do with the loss.

I would have liked to see what would have happened with the calls if Nebraska tried to attack the basket more instead of uncorking shots.

I pretty much agree, except that we had good looks on most of those 3s, they just weren't falling.

Nebraska is at that point where many teams get when they are in the process of building a winning program. They get good.....maybe eve REALLY good. But, they don't have the mental part down on how to win games that mean something. I felt that Nebraska came into this game amped up and that affected their ability to make shots. We continually put ourselves in position to have good shots but flat out couldn't make them. THEN, that got in their heads along with the officiating and everything went south.

Nebraska played horrible for most of the game today. The officiating was horrible for most of the game today. When you have a coach thrown out of an NCAA tourney game only to have the official apologize afterwards claiming the he shouldn't have been thrown out, that is absolutely pathetic.

That said, if Nebraska makes shots, we win the game or at least come dang close to winning it.

One more thing I want to point out about the officiating. All I heard and read about commentary on yesterday's games was that the officials let them play. They didn't call nitpicky fouls...etc. This game was called completely different. Consistency would be nice for a change.

I don't know what I think. LOL

I have no ill wishes for Baylor just don't understand how there was so much disparity in the calls. Maybe the B1G allows more contact than those officials were used to seeing. Yea that's it and it's sunny and 82 degrees in Lincoln every day throughout the year. chuckleshuffle

We have grown this year but we have a ways to go!

Proud of the team and the results throughout the year.

Next year! Next Year!

There is plenty for Nebrasketball to work on so they can get better. The game wasn't called great, but I think Nebraska's shot selection in the first half and subsequent percentage had a lot more to do with the loss.

I would have liked to see what would have happened with the calls if Nebraska tried to attack the basket more instead of uncorking shots.

From most level headed folks I've heard from, this seems about right. A 48-16 difference in Baylor over Nebraska's free throw attempts surely makes one scratchy their noggin a bit, it in the end it sounds like Nebraska didn't give themselves much of a chance to win. Sounds like shot selection was questionable, some downright strange turnovers, and not attacking the basket nearly enough. Again, in this game of basketball, you usually have to put the ball through the hoop to win.

We really turned it on a bit more in the second half from what it sounded like on the radio, but 16 points in the first half? Hard to win tournament games playing like that. We obviously allowed Baylor to score quite a bit in he second half too. Those free throws may have had a hand in that.

I didn't get to watch the game, did it seem as if the refs were against Miles and the team? Someone on the radio said the refs appeared to be a bit tired of Miles complaining? It's unfortunate if the refs felt this game needed to be about them and not the players.

As ticked as we might be, I wouldn't let it overshadow what a fun season of basketball this was. I'm excited to see this young group mostly back next season. Shields is really taking the game by the horns, next year will be phenomenal for him. Great year. I'm officially tuned in for next season.

From most level headed folks I've heard from, this seems about right. A 48-16 difference in Baylor over Nebraska's free throw attempts surely makes one scratchy their noggin a bit, it in the end it sounds like Nebraska didn't give themselves much of a chance to win. Sounds like shot selection was questionable, some downright strange turnovers, and not attacking the basket nearly enough. Again, in this game of basketball, you usually have to put the ball through the hoop to win.

The bold is all true. But the really important thing worth noting is that the bold was also true of Baylor. That's what is frustrating. We sucked, but they sucked too.

I am surprised that there is a lot of bitching about officiating, and not more about how much we actually stunk up the court!

1st Half: 16 Points!!!!!

FG % 6-26 23.1%

3FG % 0-11 0.0%

FT % 4-9 44.4%

THIS IS WHY WE LOST! Not the officiating! We were just lucky Baylor was stinking up the court as well, because it could have been really ugly.

Simply put, the better team won today. The officiating was bad, but it was bad both ways. Maybe slightly worse on our end, but the refs didn't make us shoot 6-26 in FG's and 0-11 on the 3pt line!

On another note, congrats to Miles and company for making the NCAA tourney. Definitely a milestone was set this year, and hope for many more with Miles at the throne.

• Fire 1

I am surprised that there is a lot of bitching about officiating, and not more about how much we actually stunk up the court!

FG % 6-26 23.1%

3FG % 0-11 0.0%

FT % 4-9 44.4%

THIS IS WHY WE LOST! Not the officiating! We were just lucky Baylor was stinking up the court as well, because it could have been really ugly.

Simply put, the better team won today. The officiating was bad, but it was bad both ways. Maybe slightly worse on our end, but the refs didn't make us shoot 6-26 in FG's and 0-11 on the 3pt line!

On another note, congrats to Miles and company for making the NCAA tourney. Definitely a milestone was set this year, and hope for many more with Miles at the throne.

Lets see...Baylor shot 48 free throws to Nebraska's 16. That's 3x as many. Also, Nebraska's head coach got ejected & Baylor awarded free throws because he tried to correct the shot clock not getting started. Whether you feel officiating was biased or not...to say it may have been 'slightly worse on our end' is a joke

I am not saying we played well but officiating was egregiously terrible on our side. Baylor hardly got called for anything, & Nebraska got called for practically everything, it seemed (in the 2nd half)

FG % 6-26 23.1%

3FG % 0-11 0.0%

FT % 4-9 44.4%

Lets see...Baylor shot 48 free throws to Nebraska's 16. That's 3x as many. Also, Nebraska's head coach got ejected & Baylor awarded free throws because he tried to correct the shot clock not getting started. Whether you feel officiating was biased or not...to say it may have been 'slightly worse on our end' is a joke

I am not saying we played well but officiating was egregiously terrible on our side. Baylor hardly got called for anything, & Nebraska got called for practically everything, it seemed (in the 2nd half)

Your being COMPLETELY biased here. How many of those fouls were CLEARLY fouls on NU?! A LOT OF THEM. Its a joke that your seriously crying about this.

As far as Mile's ejection, he already got tech'ed up, left the coaches box... sorry didn't just leave it WENT TO THE HALF COURT, RIGHT after a foul was called on us and got his second tech. The reason was ridiculous, but when your in a refs ear, he just called a foul and this coach is coming at you, what do you think is going to happen. It sucks, but it was just horrible timing for Miles. Miles could have easily gotten attention of a closer ref and made his case.

We lost this game because of US. Not the refs, not Baylor.