Big. Hairy. Deal.

Redux

Uh,

Bo did not inherit a program with a losing record.

2 of Callahan's 4 years at NU were losing seasons. 5-6 in '04 and 5-7 in '07. I suppose it's open to interpretation but I would call that inheriting a losing program.

27-22 isn't. I'm not saying he was a success by any means, but let's be honest with ourselves here.

So 9 win seasons fom Bo is a failure. Actual losing seasons from Callahan is "not success" but shouldn't be called losing for.... What? Reasons?

You live in a weird world.

Just a real one.

Tell me your thoughts on the 2006 season please. I'd love to hear what that year was in your world.

One of two winning seasons a coach averaging 6 wins after taking over a 10-3 team had before he got fired. Your move hotshot.

Sounds like you're calling a 9 win season where nothing was won a failure to me.

I knew that's where you were going. It isn't what I said, but you normally have no problem putting words into others mouths to try to make a point. What I actually said was:

One of two winning seasons a coach averaging 6 wins after taking over a 10-3 team had before he got fired.

Callahan took over a team that in 2001 competed for an MNC and in 2003 went 10-3, and turned it into sh#t.

Pelini has never won fewer than 9. Pelini's worst season, 9-4 is Callahans best. This isn't a difficult concept. But hey maybe you are right. One 9 win season is pretty much the same thing as three 10 win seasons and three 9 win seasons.

Sounds like you're calling a 9 win season where nothing was won a failure to me.

I knew that's where you were going. It isn't what I said, but you normally have no problem putting words into others mouths to try to make a point. What I actually said was:

One of two winning seasons a coach averaging 6 wins after taking over a 10-3 team had before he got fired.

Callahan took over a team that in 2001 competed for an MNC and in 2003 went 10-3, and turned it into sh#t.

Pelini has never won fewer than 9. Pelini's worst season, 9-4 is Callahans best. This isn't a difficult concept. But hey maybe you are right. One 9 win season is pretty much the same thing as three 10 win seasons and three 9 win seasons.

It won exactly as much as the other ones so.......

I just think it's awesome you're telling the players their 9+ wins per season are crap and you'd like to see their head coach removed.......yet you'll compliment Billy C for not leaving the cupboard bare of talent. The proper term escapes me.....but I think it's El.Oh.El.

• Fire 1

You know what. That's it. I'm done. You are a troll. I will no longer feed you.

I just think it's awesome you're telling the players their 9+ wins per season are crap and you'd like to see their head coach removed.......yet you'll compliment Billy C for not leaving the cupboard bare of talent. The proper term escapes me.....but I think it's El.Oh.El.

Uh, what did I say up there? It ain't on the players.

You know what. That's it. I'm done. You are a troll. I will no longer feed you.

Yeesh. This got outta hand. Just wanted to share a well written article. I was joping that a little optimism would still be in the air after the spring game but I guess not.

Polo, I think youre one of the most well spoken posters on here. I mean that. One of the best debaters for sure. Just keep in mind we are talking about a man who is genuinely trying to better himself on and off the field. Trying to become a better coach, one that we as fans are entitled to. This could be Bo's final year if he underachieves or overachieves and leaves on his own (doubtful at this point imo). He is trying to earn our respect

Yeesh. This got outta hand. Just wanted to share a well written article. I was joping that a little optimism would still be in the air after the spring game but I guess not.

Polo, I think youre one of the most well spoken posters on here. I mean that. One of the best debaters for sure. Just keep in mind we are talking about a man who is genuinely trying to better himself on and off the field. Trying to become a better coach, one that we as fans are entitled to. This could be Bo's final year if he underachieves or overachieves and leaves on his own (doubtful at this point imo). He is trying to earn our respect

And I was just trying to point out an inaccuracy in the "well written article". Either way.

I ain't mad at ya, I just don't agree with you about the man trying to better himself. I could go into the pr campaign, and all that again but I truly do not want to in this thread anymore.

Anyhow, yes, he's got the year,

Theres no need to argue the legitimacy of the good natured pr campaign. I feel its genuine and a reflection of Bo as a good hearted person, all be it a bit socially awkward and shy. It comes off as forced at times Ill admit but overall I feel hes doing what he needs to.

Regardless of your personal hopes for our hc position the year cannot get here fast enough amiright?

No. Polo has no optimism after the spring game. 95% of the fan base probably feels good about yesterday. It was a good time, a damn nice day, got to see the team. Lots of speed and talent out there. Had a laugh at Bo and the cat. Got to see Jack Hoffman doing well and reading the pledge at half. Some neat drills, some competition between KB and Bo....still can't believe Kenny hit the goal post 2-3.... Pretty good. Saw some of the guys at the tailgate for a bit.

Pretty sure I've heard a lot of good things about the spring game from everyone.

But you spent almost a full day going back and forth with Polo and now you're left with nothing but a negative feeling and you think everyone else feels the same way he does. 1. Don't do that. 2. Don't let a small percentage of a fan base ( or just Polo) be the example you are basing everyone's feelings on.

See where these discussions with Polo go. f'ing nowhere. Just like every thread on the football forum damn near.

Nah Im still pretty optimistic. Honestly just a little concerned about Tommys progression but maybe just jitters.

I think Nebraska showcased one of the most entertaining spring games of the season. Doesnt equal wins or trophies but Id say its worth something.