Ralph Brown says Pelini needs to build better bridge with ex players

but the number one reason was the continued defensive meltdowns

Disagree this is the number one reason.

isn't that what he said?

I made what I wrote easier to understand.....

i see. what do you think the number one reason was that he was let go?

W-L record

W-L record

maybe. probably, even. but that's not what TO said.

TO is reported to have told Callahan how to keep his job. It had the word "win" in it.

TO is also quoted, in public, as saying it was not about the wins and losses, but rather how we lost.

W-L record

maybe. probably, even. but that's not what TO said.

TO is reported to have told Callahan how to keep his job. It had the word "win" in it.

TO is also quoted, in public, as saying it was not about the wins and losses, but rather how we lost.

He did indicate that, yes. Win over 70% of your games and good things happen. Callahan was let go.....Pelini has been retained. I guess actions speak volumes.

He did indicate that, yes. Win over 70% of your games and good things happen. Callahan was let go.....Pelini has been retained. I guess actions speak volumes.

i think you think you are throwing this in my face or something, but i was just curious why you thought callahan was let go and i agreed with you.

if you refuse to acknowledge that the huskers getting blown out is concerning, that would be pretty telling.

i think you think you are throwing this in my face or something, but i was just curious why you thought callahan was let go and i agreed with you.

if you refuse to acknowledge that the huskers getting blown out is concerning, that would be pretty telling.

Nah, I'm just saying a huge...huge....difference between Pelini and Callahan is about 20 percentage points. The blowouts are concerning. We needed a significant upgrade in talent on defense.....hopefully we have that. I'm just more hopeful that we can take the next step than I am being worried about whether we might get blown out again.

Nah, I'm just saying a huge...huge....difference between Pelini and Callahan is about 20 percentage points. The blowouts are concerning. We needed a significant upgrade in talent on defense.....hopefully we have that. I'm just more hopeful that we can take the next step than I am being worried about whether we might get blown out again.

i would be shocked it we were blown out this year. i really think any loss would be disappointing. we have the talent and experience. wiscy and iowa should not be too daunting. if we only lose one between iowa, msu, and wiscy and took care of business against everyone else, that would be a pretty great season.

i would be shocked it we were blown out this year. i really think any loss would be disappointing. we have the talent and experience. wiscy and iowa should not be too daunting. if we only lose one between iowa, msu, and wiscy and took care of business against everyone else, that would be a pretty great season.

I agree......the talent upgrade is significant and provides a lot of hope.

I made what I wrote easier to understand.....

W-L record

Well...yeah. I'm just suggesting that the drop off the cliff from 2006 to 2007 was almost soley on the defense.

The offense was putting up crazy numbers that year.

Unfortunately, the defense was too.

Was Cosgrove Callahan's downfall, or should Bill get credit for the whole mess?

Are people more likely to blame Beck and Papuchis rather than place responsibility at Bo's feet?

Does Bo get credit for last season's - and hopefully this season's - defensive turnaround?

Discuss.