Ralph Brown says Pelini needs to build better bridge with ex players

frankly, i just think brown does not think much of bo and is trying to say it in so many ways without actually saying it. just my imo.

Which is fine. It's his right to express that opinion. But like Tommie Frazier, you do it in a way like this, then Bo certainly has the right-and all the power in the world-to say, "we dont need him", and pretty much just phase him on out.

Now, I apologize now for rolling Ralph into a category of Frazier. Obviously that's a bad comparison. But I cant really come up with anyone else whatsoever that Bo has obviously and/or publicly turned away from. That I know of, Ralph has not done anything to deserve the ill feeling I have towards Tommie when it comes to life off the field after football. So I just wanted to throw this little disclaimer in there to go along with my idea that sometime these guys with this public angst are not doing themselves any favors with Bo. Like someone said above. Jay Foreman used to have issues as well. But obviously there was a sit down and a resolution to any issues there.

Obviously this is a two way street with the players and the program, and you're correct about Frazier.

Here's the thing, though.

When Bo dismissed Tommie, one of his comments was, "we're trying to build something here", which I find funny because, well, you don't have to build anything at Nebraska. It's already been built for you.

When that attitude goes away, I feel is when Nebraska takes a step forward

Ralph Brown has certainly earned the right to speak his piece about Nebraska football. However, if he has a beef, I do wish he would be specific rather than just making vague statements. Maybe he's upset with a change since Osborne stepped down? Who knows. If you are going to fire a shot like that, you should be specific and back up your statement. Otherwise, to me, he's just coming off as someone who doesn't like Bo... but doesn't want to say "I don't like Bo Pelini."

frankly, i just think brown does not think much of bo and is trying to say it in so many ways without actually saying it. just my imo.

Which is fine. It's his right to express that opinion. But like Tommie Frazier, you do it in a way like this, then Bo certainly has the right-and all the power in the world-to say, "we dont need him", and pretty much just phase him on out.

Now, I apologize now for rolling Ralph into a category of Frazier. Obviously that's a bad comparison. But I cant really come up with anyone else whatsoever that Bo has obviously and/or publicly turned away from. That I know of, Ralph has not done anything to deserve the ill feeling I have towards Tommie when it comes to life off the field after football. So I just wanted to throw this little disclaimer in there to go along with my idea that sometime these guys with this public angst are not doing themselves any favors with Bo. Like someone said above. Jay Foreman used to have issues as well. But obviously there was a sit down and a resolution to any issues there.

Obviously this is a two way street with the players and the program, and you're correct about Frazier.

When Bo dismissed Tommie, one of his comments was, "we're trying to build something here", which I find funny because, well, you don't have to build anything at Nebraska. It's already been built for you.

So what youre saying is everything that was built in 30 years was completely, 100% sustained from 2004-2007? Nothing had to be mended by Osborne as AD? Or by Bo as head coach in 2008? Whatsoever? Im not talking about wins, losses, and championships. This runs sooooo much deeper than that.

I'm really starting to think Polo that you have allowed your angst for Bo to start to really cloud your judgement. We have disagreed in the past, but some of the things youre starting to say are just out-of-the-blue ridiculous at times.

So what youre saying is everything that was built in 30 years was completely, 100% sustained from 2004-2007? Nothing had to be mended by Osborne as AD? Or by Bo as head coach in 2008? Whatsoever? Im not talking about wins, losses, and championships. This runs sooooo much deeper than that.

I'm really starting to think Polo that you have allowed your angst for Bo to start to really cloud your judgement. We have disagreed in the past, but some of the things youre starting to say are just out-of-the-blue ridiculous at times.

2004-2007, specifically those two years, yeah they were not good. Pedersen and Callahan came in with the exact attitude I was talking about and created a rift between the department and it's alumni. Hell, there were competing golf tournaments, TO was consulting at Creighton, and ultimately, especially when the wheels began to spin off in 2007, things were bad. Funds to finish North stadium were drying up rapidly, and that was a bigger catalyst for Pedersen's quick exit than most think.

But ultimately, we're talking about 4 years here. Out of nearly a half century of Nebraska being very very good. So when. Osborne assumed the reigns, there was a lot forgiven almost immediately. And a 2008 team that hey, had a LOT of talent on it for Bo to use. Not to mention brand spanking new facilities at his disposal. None of that had to be built by him. And you could argue he deconstructed the talent pipeline.

It's just in my opinion incredibly dishonest to say or believe this was a ground floor rebuild job. Those jobs look like what Barry Alvarez did at Wisconsin, or Bill Snyder at Kansas St. 2004 and 2007 (you can't include the middle two years, there was plenty of optimism after those two years) were at the time rough patches. This didn't turn into a long drought until 7 further years with no championships got tacked on.

2004-2007, specifically those two years, yeah they were not good. Pedersen and Callahan came in with the exact attitude I was talking about and created a rift between the department and it's alumni. Hell, there were competing golf tournaments, TO was consulting at Creighton, and ultimately, especially when the wheels began to spin off in 2007, things were bad. Funds to finish North stadium were drying up rapidly, and that was a bigger catalyst for Pedersen's quick exit than most think.

But ultimately, we're talking about 4 years here. Out of nearly a half century of Nebraska being very very good. So when. Osborne assumed the reigns, there was a lot forgiven almost immediately. And a 2008 team that hey, had a LOT of talent on it for Bo to use. Not to mention brand spanking new facilities at his disposal. None of that had to be built by him. And you could argue he deconstructed the talent pipeline.

It's just in my opinion incredibly dishonest to say or believe this was a ground floor rebuild job. Those jobs look like what Barry Alvarez did at Wisconsin, or Bill Snyder at Kansas St. 2004 and 2007 (you can't include the middle two years, there was plenty of optimism after those two years) were at the time rough patches. This didn't turn into a long drought until 7 further years with no championships got tacked on.

You still are talking mostly about straight up wins and losses. Again, it's so much deeper than that. Most things behind closed doors that folks had so much pride in, that made the machine roll for 3 decades prior, were completely destroyed. Almost immediately. Yeah, plenty of opitimist in the middle two years based on the scoreboard, but there was never optimism for what was going on on the offices. Pedersen's ousting had pretty much nothing to do with the scoreboard. It was all the bullsh#t he was pulling below. And when Paul Meyers decided to walk out, that was the nail in his coffin.

It's just in my opinion incredibly dishonest to say or believe this was a ground floor rebuild job.

Good thing nobody has done that then.

Almost as good as you ignoring or forgetting the 32,000 replies where it's said "after Callahan Bo had to rebuild us from chaos!" Or something to that effect.

Not as good, but -almost-

You still are talking mostly about straight up wins and losses. Again, it's so much deeper than that. Most things behind closed doors that folks had so much pride in, that made the machine roll for 3 decades prior, were completely destroyed. Almost immediately. Yeah, plenty of opitimist in the middle two years based on the scoreboard, but there was never optimism for what was going on on the offices. Pedersen's ousting had pretty much nothing to do with the scoreboard. It was all the bullsh#t he was pulling below. And when Paul Meyers decided to walk out, that was the nail in his coffin.

It's just in my opinion incredibly dishonest to say or believe this was a ground floor rebuild job.

Thanks man. I didnt even think to refute that insinuated garbage.

I'm not going to defend Pedersen's actions, I wasn't a fan of them either. But saying they still have effect to this day after he was replaced with who he was replaced with is a little foolish. Any acrimony towards Bo and the athletic department is because of what the current characters have done.

Thanks man. I didnt even think to refute that insinuated garbage.

Yep, no one ever points to the Callahan disaster to defend Bo. Never. Not once. I made it all up.

Almost as good as you ignoring or forgetting the 32,000 replies where it's said "after Callahan Bo had to rebuild us from chaos!" Or something to that effect.

He did. Did he not? Nebraska had slumped into depths of mediocrity and irrelevance not seen in this program since the 50's. And less than 2 years after his hiring, he had right there, neck and neck with a NC contender. I know, know. "But count, all of Callahan's talent.........." Whatever.

He did. Did he not? Nebraska had slumped into depths of mediocrity and irrelevance not seen in this program since the 50's. And less than 2 years after his hiring, he had right there, neck and neck with a NC contender. I know, know. "But count, all of Callahan's talent.........." Whatever.

Uh, well......it was with guys that Callahan and his staff brought here.......

And you're defending Bo with a loss.

Oh I'm sorry I thought you were talking about Bo, not idiot fans who never know anything.