Ralph Brown says Pelini needs to build better bridge with ex players

I think it's "possible" Pelini has done a little better than avoid a losing season.....let's not go full silly about this. There's also these things called bowl games and a .700 winning percentage. And yay, Callahan was better at recruiting.....got him a .500 winning percentage at Nebraska. Pretty exciting.

Callahan had a better than .500 record at Nebraska, and shockingly you've overshot Bo's percentage. It isn't .700.

There are similarities between the two. More than many care to admit. I'm not saying Callahan is who I want or that he's a good coach mind you.

I think it's "possible" Pelini has done a little better than avoid a losing season.....let's not go full silly about this. There's also these things called bowl games and a .700 winning percentage. And yay, Callahan was better at recruiting.....got him a .500 winning percentage at Nebraska. Pretty exciting.

Callahan had a better than .500 record at Nebraska, and shockingly you've overshot Bo's percentage. It isn't .700.

There are similarities between the two. More than many care to admit. I'm not saying Callahan is who I want or that he's a good coach mind you.

exactly. they should just be held to the same standards. callahan was a bad coach and a bad fit. that does not make bo a good coach or a good fit.

but bo is given a 7th year to make a statement. so i hope he does and think he can. he has all the pieces he needs and a manageable schedule. and if he does not, he can only point with the thumb.

And unshockingly, you say something false to put down Bo. His record is 57-24 (not counting the 2003 bowl) which when you do the math is 57/81=0.704, which I believe is greater than .700. Not sure though, do you know?

• Fire 1

Are we really going to go into highly selective criteria to try and support baseless and trolling agendas?

Are we really going to do that?

what does this mean? what is this in reference to?

I don't think I really need to give you an actual response. I am certain that you can figure it out.

Are we really going to go into highly selective criteria to try and support baseless and trolling agendas?

Are we really going to do that?

what does this mean? what is this in reference to?

I don't think I really need to give you an actual response. I am certain that you can figure it out.

i really have no idea.

And unshockingly, you say something false to put down Bo. His record is 57-24 (not counting the 2003 bowl) which when you do the math is 57/81=0.704, which I believe is greater than .700. Not sure though, do you know?

I either did the math wrong or rounded down since we did with Callahan's....you pick.

does not seem highly selective. how we lose should be relevant.

So if we go 11-1 with a blowout loss, win the CCG, and most likely make the playoffs that would be a failure and we should fire Bo?

It probably wouldn't matter since the winged pigs will have overtaken the entire eastern seaboard in this scenario.

Look, let's actually talk real scenario's, and this isn't one of them. If they do qualify for the playoffs, they probably wouldn't get blown out. If they get blown out by anyone on this schedule, odds are there are....let's say four more losses on this schedule.

• Fire 1

IMHO I think that most of the former players would like to be involved in some form or fashion. But at the same time, I think that the former players (especially those who have the greatest achievements, IE national championships) feel like they want to be the best ever and do not want the program to achieve the same success.. I really think they don't so they are always on the pedestal.

Being friends with some former players, I feel like they would like to be apart of the program and help in some form or fashion... Maybe they feel like because they achieved the highest achievements that they have the answers... IDK... I wouldn't mind seeing more former players, especially from the mid 90's have more to do with the program and be involved in helping this program achieve more than they currently are.

It's all relevant. Win percentage is relevant, margin of victory is relevant, wins over ranked teams are relevant, bowl wins are relevant, bowl winning percentage is relevant, championships are relevant, championship appearances are relevant, gpa is relevant, all-conference and all-american players are relevant, the list goes on and on.

Oh weird it just so happens that my list didn't include anything that would make Pelini and Callahan comparable ha

It's all relevant. Win percentage is relevant, margin of victory is relevant, wins over ranked teams are relevant, bowl wins are relevant, bowl winning percentage is relevant, championships are relevant, championship appearances are relevant, gpa is relevant, all-conference and all-american players are relevant, the list goes on and on.

Oh weird it just so happens that my list didn't include anything that would make Pelini and Callahan comparable ha

Except that's not true. At all.

• Fire 2

I remember Suh describing the talks he had with Jason Peter between his Soph. and Junior year. Suh said that JP told him that he has to be mean, when a guy is walking down the street don't move, knock the guy over if he doesn't get out of your way, knock the guys arm off of the arm rest in the movie theatre who is sitting next to you, and that kind of stuff. I remember that I kind of rolled my eyes reading that article knowing the way JP was on the air as a radio guy and how everything was about what they did in the 90's. After I saw the edge and the attitude that Suh brought that next year I couldn't help but wonder if maybe JP lit a fire under Suh.

All that to say, if a former player can have that type of impact on our current guys, which is definitely possible, then get those guys in here as ofter as possible.

• Fire 1

I've been to a practice, walked around freely inside the locker room, weight facility, the stadium, took a pic w a couple players and Bo Pelini himself the day before a huge nationally televised game.

All because my dad was a former player. A middle of the road 2 time letterman got that kind of access. Sooooooo, yeah.

• Fire 2