Ralph Brown says Pelini needs to build better bridge with ex players

I'm going to say the exact SAME thing that was said by me and others when this was one of Callahan's biggest criticisms......

You don't have to start from scratch at a place like Nebraska. Doing so shows incredible arrogance and hubris. And of late, the only thing with a tangible since of a championship program is our history. It only makes sense to let people who are that passionate and proud of their program to help.

And it could be way different to what Brown is saying. But, taking Brown at his word, here's another sign that the only difference between Callahan and Bo is a year at DC under Solich.

That is the only difference? Wow, just wow. I know you have a huge distaste for Bo, but this comment is senseless!

Games where 70 points get scored on the defense? The worst home losses in history? 3 home losses in a season? No championships?

Putting Bo and Clownahan in the same category is reckless. The damage BC did was unacceptable....I am hoping you can agree with that. Has Bo done things? Of course, but if would much rather have Bo than BC.

• Fire 2

Its a two-way street, Ralph.

That is actually a very good point. But why would he pick now to air his grievances?

I don't know, do you want to make baseless presumptions?

As others have pointed out, we have had many former players (not just those coached by Bo) at workouts and Spring Game.

Its a two-way street, Ralph.

That is actually a very good point. But why would he pick now to air his grievances?

I don't know, do you want to make baseless presumptions?

DO I?????!!!!!!!

-actually I have no idea, and I find it odd.

What the hell is Nebraska without those guys from the past? And I mean way back up til' now. This program was built by some damn good men. I don't care who knows their names on the current roster. Doesn't change what they did.

I agree with you, but our society is all about what have you done lately. Do you think a kid on the current roster would recognize or have as much interest if someone from back in the day came back compared to Suh, Prince, Dennard, etc? I would be thrilled for sure, but not sure current kids would be. When I saw Ahman Green before the spring game I was stoked!

Bo needs the older guys around and they need to want to be around as well!

I think it's "possible" Pelini has done a little better than avoid a losing season.....let's not go full silly about this. There's also these things called bowl games and a .700 winning percentage. And yay, Callahan was better at recruiting.....got him a .500 winning percentage at Nebraska. Pretty exciting.

I think it's "possible" Pelini has done a little better than avoid a losing season.....let's not go full silly about this. There's also these things called bowl games and a .700 winning percentage. And yay, Callahan was better at recruiting.....got him a .500 winning percentage at Nebraska. Pretty exciting.

It isn’t just a matter of wins and losses; it’s how you do it. If you lose by a field goal and play well, that’s a little bit different than getting blown out three or four times. It isn’t all about winning and losing. Believe me, I understand that. If you lose a fairly large number of games by a significant margin and you have fairly good players, which I think we do, then I think there are some systemic issues. I think the players were treated well. But there was something wrong evidently.