2014 NFL Draft

These teams will regret not picking Stanley first round

nebraskatargeting.gif

jean-baptiste-on.JPG

3rd straight year without a first round pick... Gotta wait until 2015 where it looks like ameer and randy are the potential first rounders

Randy should be a lock first rounder if he plays to his potential. Unfortunately for Ameer, RBs are not being taken in the first round right now.

Cowboys - if they weren't going to take Manziel why didn't they add a defensive stud? Worst of Round 1...Bill Callahan must have got to Jerry...LOL.

Worst of the first round? Not eve close. Dolphins? Bills? Jags?

If anything I'd put Dallas in the top half, they made a great pick to fill an immediate need.

I would have rather had defense too, but I still liked the pick.

I guess I'm not sure what they consider their biggest needs to be. My assumption would have been S, OG, DE, DT, LB - in that order. There seems to be a lot of talented options left to fill one of those spots in the 2nd round. So, Jerry will draft a tight end.

Cowboys - if they weren't going to take Manziel why didn't they add a defensive stud? Worst of Round 1...Bill Callahan must have got to Jerry...LOL.

If anything I'd put Dallas in the top half, they made a great pick to fill an immediate need.

I guess I'm not sure what they consider their biggest needs to be. My assumption would have been S, OG, DE, DT, LB - in that order. There seems to be a lot of talented options left to fill one of those spots in the 2nd round. So, Jerry will draft a tight end.

Or a WR. I think sometimes Jerry forgets he's running a real team, and not a fantasy team.

If I were an NFL team owner, I might make the absolutely stupidest decision but, I wouldn't touch JM with a 100 foot pole. He is just the type of attitude and personality that, I believe, will become a disease in the locker room. All about him and full of himself.

you are not alone:

Leaked Internal Scouting Report: The Patriots Do Not Like Johnny Manziel

it is so astonishing how truly great he could be if he gave a damn.

Or a WR. I think sometimes Jerry forgets he's running a real team, and not a fantasy team.

I think people want that to be true, for whatever reason, but if you look at his high draft picks in recent years, I'm not sure if it is. The inexplicable 2nd round TE, on the other hand . . .

If I were an NFL team owner, I might make the absolutely stupidest decision but, I wouldn't touch JM with a 100 foot pole. He is just the type of attitude and personality that, I believe, will become a disease in the locker room. All about him and full of himself.

you are not alone:

Leaked Internal Scouting Report: The Patriots Do Not Like Johnny Manziel

it is so astonishing how truly great he could be if he gave a damn.

That was outed as a fake report. Bad details like TXAM instead of TAMU.

I have no idea what's going to happen with him in the NFL. But he's either going to be a pro-bowler, or a total bust. And much could depend on the coaching staff. If someone tries to force him into a mold he's not suited for, it will be bad. Think what the Falcons did with Vick early on. I don't know as I buy the locker room angle. His A&M team mates seemed to like him fine.

Hyde is overhyped as someone who has watched him. Not much agility to him and won't succeed in the NFL unless he can run up the middle with a clear lane IMO. He's with the 9'ers too so there's a few good rbs on the depth chart there.

I had similar thoughts about Leveon Bell. Bell was a quicker more athletic back, but also a bruiser. Reminds me a little of Jerome Bettis.