Bill Callahan positive achievements thread.

I think I'm one of the most forgiving fans of BC in all of Husker nation. Let's be real, Cosgrove was his downfall. If he had a competent DC he would have achieved a great amount of success at NU.

I reserve nearly all my vitriol from that era for Steve Pedersen. BC wanted to win, but just couldn't get it done. It was Steve Pedersen's fault for bringing in a coach just so he could leave his own stamp on the program. What was BC supposed to do, refuse the job when SP offered? Pedey was correct in firing Solich, in my opinion. his mistake was not hiring Bo in 03

Jeebus f'ing kriest.

Thanks for ruining the board guys..

everyone.

The board is ruined because.... Why?

More exciting than ever.

Some flashy little boy wrestling gif does not make it exciting. It's borderline weird. Grow up.
The average age of wrestling fans is in the thirties, I put that as my sig since he died, quit being an ignorant prick.

BC is a good NFL position coach and may even be a decent OC in the NFL. He was the worst possible fit there could have been at Nebraska. He didn't understand the traditions of Nebraska football or the culture or nature of the people of Nebraska.

He treated his team like it was an NFL team. No one but the starters got any reps in practice other than "mental reps". He didn't understand how important it was to win games not run his system. He could have and should have won more games his first year at Nebraska, but stubbornly stuck to his system of doing things. He didn't think it was important to go to a bowl game his first year. "It was just one game"

The thing I really don't understand is why he treated NU like a pro team? He actually spent about the first 15 years of his coaching career in college. Its not like was completely unfamiliar with it.

• Fire 1

Fooled people into thinking his offense worked.

explain that one.

The playcalling on the game-winning drive against A&M in 06 was a masterpiece, amongst others. Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz to purify/swift/peterson ran that offense as an efficient machine. Offense was rarely the issue in any of the BC era games (USC in 06 being a notable exception)

explain that one.

The playcalling on the game-winning drive against A&M in 06 was a masterpiece, amongst others. Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz to purify/swift/peterson ran that offense as an efficient machine. Offense was rarely the issue in any of the BC era games (USC in 06 being a notable exception)

Short answer: His offense put up points on crap teams, and struggled against good teams. They normally couldn't run the ball on good teams either. I can go into much more detail, but his "best" offense was in 2007 when we put up tons of garbage points when getting blown out.

• Fire 1

explain that one.

Short answer: His offense put up points on crap teams, and struggled against good teams. They normally couldn't run the ball on good teams either. I can go into much more detail, but his "best" offense was in 2007 when we put up tons of garbage points when getting blown out.

So you don't like coaches who have teams that struggle against good teams, and pad their stats on bad teams? Weird.

• Fire 7

explain that one.

So you don't like coaches who have teams that struggle against good teams, and pad their stats on bad teams? Weird.

keep+trolling.jpg

explain that one.

keep+trolling.jpg

Uh, I'm not trolling.

I stand by my previous statement, offense was hardly the issue during the BC era. If he had a DC worth a lick he wouldve lasted here a lot longer.

Uh, I'm not trolling.

I stand by my previous statement, offense was hardly the issue during the BC era. If he had a DC worth a lick he wouldve lasted here a lot longer.

I wasn't a response to you.

gotcha, I apologize. Thanks for clarifying.

explain that one.

To be perfectly honest all teams pad their stats against inferior teams, and you know that. There were many instances when he just threw away games for the sake of his game plan. Miss St, ISU, TT in 2004 come to mind quite vividly.

He was going to fit a square peg in that round hole no matter what, because that is what he did. That first year IMO he went into it as a throw away year.

• Fire 2