Persecution & Other Tragedies Not Talked About

1. The Aztecs were part of the North American continent. You mentioned all the peace loving people, I mentioned Aztecs, you changed the subject to "Continental U.S." ...

2. Comanche were violent to more than just White Settlers, they were violent to what have been deemed to be peaceful tribes as well. They almost exterminated the Apaches

3. In it's essence, Capitalism has to do with a survival of the fittest mentality. That's why I asked what's your point about the money. Yes, money is power in today's world but MIGHT was power centuries ago and without any semblance of a govt MIGHT might as well have been money.

• 2 months later...

"Christianity in Mosul is dead, and a Christian holocaust is in our midst," said Mark Arabo, a Californian businessman and Chaldean-American leader. In an interview with CNN's Jonathan Mann, he called what's happening in Iraq a "Christian genocide" and said "children are being beheaded, mothers are being raped and killed, and fathers are being hung."
"Right now, three thousand Christians are in Iraq fleeing to neighboring cities," he told Mann. Arabo is calling on the international community to follow France's lead and offer the Christians of Iraq asylum.
"You're startling me with the severity of what you're describing," the CNN host said. "You said they are --- beheading children?"
"They are systematically beheading children," Arabo repeated slowly. "And mothers and fathers. The world hasn't seen an evil like this for generations."
"There's actually a park in Mosul where they actually beheaded children and put their heads on a stick... this is crimes against humanity. They are doing the most horrendous, the most heart-breaking crimes that you can think of."

So you're only disgusted when those things are done to your people, but when they're done to others you laugh. Got it.

I am an ~atheist but I still consider "my people" to be Americans. I will fight for the rights and well-being of any Americans before I will somebody in another country. Its unfortunate that there are regions in the world where people are being tortured or killed because of their faith but I guarentee in every country that is happening, atheists are still a couple rungs lower as far as the social hierarchy goes.

Many American Christians always complain about how they are persecuted for their beliefs here in the US. It really cheapens those who are truly persecuted in other parts of the world.

• Fire 1
  • 8 months later...

Video: Islamic State kills Ethiopian Christians in Libya
Associated Press By JON GAMBRELL and ELIAS MESERET 20 hours ago
CAIRO (AP) — Islamic State militants in Libya shot and beheaded groups of captive Ethiopian Christians, a video purportedly from the extremists showed Sunday. The attack widens the circle of nations affected by the group's atrocities while showing its growth beyond a self-declared caliphate in Syria and Iraq.

I said in an earlier post in this thread that persecution of Christians doesn't seem to be a large problem, if you consider all the things going on world wide. But now I'd have to admit that the problem is getting worse. At least in the Middle East anyway.