CBS Sports: Breaking Down the Big Ten Schedules

Polo, what would be an example of a tough schedule by your metric?

Broncos, Seahawks, 49rs, bears.....

But then again, we ARE Nebraska, we should easily beat those cupcakes.

Dude, there's no reason to do that. I answered his question honestly. Stop putting words in my mouth and trolling.

#irony

Here is Oklahoma (#3 preseason according to Lindys magazine)

Loisiana Tech

@Tulsa

Tennessee

@West Virginia

@TCU

VS Texas

K-State

@ISU

Baylor

@Texas Tech

Kansas

Oklahoma State

Out of those games I would expect Oklahoma to definitely and easily win these:

LaTech

@ISU

Kansas

@TCU

@Tulsa

@West Virginia

That garauntees they go bowling. Now, I EXPECT them to win these

Vs Texas

@Texas Tech

Tennessee

Thats 9 wins right there, no problem for a coach whose been to countless BCS games and won a national title. These will be the tough games:

Kansas State

Baylor

Oklahoma State

All 3 are home games though for OU. So if they drop one expected to win game and one hard game they finish 10-2 with relative ease beecause thats how I broke it down on a message board. Most to ANY coach could do this with their talent and weak schedule. Obviously I cant factor in injuries since its only May but thats just an excuse anyway. So basically if big game Bob DOESNT win 11-12 games this year he failed miserably because of tthis deceptively easy schedule.

I bet if OU went 9-4 with that schedule, there would be a bunch of grumbling in Norman, yes.
There might be......doesn't make those people right though.

There's always someone ready and willing to complain, no matter what it is you're talking about.

Loisiana Tech

@Tulsa

Tennessee

@West Virginia

@TCU

VS Texas

K-State

@ISU

Baylor

@Texas Tech

Kansas

Oklahoma State

LaTech

@ISU

Kansas

@TCU

@Tulsa

@West Virginia

Vs Texas

@Texas Tech

Tennessee

Thats 9 wins right there, no problem for a coach whose been to countless BCS games and won a national title. These will be the tough games:

Kansas State

Baylor

Oklahoma State

All 3 are home games though for OU. So if they drop one expected to win game and one hard game they finish 10-2 with relative ease beecause thats how I broke it down on a message board. Most to ANY coach could do this with their talent and weak schedule. Obviously I cant factor in injuries since its only May but thats just an excuse anyway. So basically if big game Bob DOESNT win 11-12 games this year he failed miserably because of tthis deceptively easy schedule.

I bet if OU went 9-4 with that schedule, there would be a bunch of grumbling in Norman, yes.

There's always someone ready and willing to complain, no matter what it is you're talking about.

http://gamedayr.com/lifestyle/fans/alabama-craigslist-fire-nick-saban-90762/

• Fire 1

In a nutshell what Im saying is fan perception of a schedule means diddly in the grand schemee of things. No game is ever a gimmie. Illinois BETTER DAMN SURE NOT BEAT US! BUT if they did I would expect a hell of a reason. After hypothetically losing to Illinois we fo and beat Sparty and Bucky and Hawkeye....y on the road. What did losing to Iillinois mean overall? They were better than us that day. We would then have to look at their WLs and their SOS then their opponents WLs and SOS so on and so forth.

Or we just look at every game as another week, another task. Get down to business and win.

Even if we should easily win 6-8 games, who cares. Its the overall WLs that decide our post season fate.

Loisiana Tech

@Tulsa

Tennessee

@West Virginia

@TCU

VS Texas

K-State

@ISU

Baylor

@Texas Tech

Kansas

Oklahoma State

LaTech

@ISU

Kansas

@TCU

@Tulsa

@West Virginia

Vs Texas

@Texas Tech

Tennessee

Kansas State

Baylor

Oklahoma State

The point is schools like OU see 9-4 as the absolute floor of a what makes a "good" season.

Loisiana Tech

@Tulsa

Tennessee

@West Virginia

@TCU

VS Texas

K-State

@ISU

Baylor

@Texas Tech

Kansas

Oklahoma State

LaTech

@ISU

Kansas

@TCU

@Tulsa

@West Virginia

Vs Texas

@Texas Tech

Tennessee

Kansas State

Baylor

Oklahoma State

http://gamedayr.com/lifestyle/fans/alabama-craigslist-fire-nick-saban-90762/

Exactly.

Loisiana Tech

@Tulsa

Tennessee

@West Virginia

@TCU

VS Texas

K-State

@ISU

Baylor

@Texas Tech

Kansas

Oklahoma State

LaTech

@ISU

Kansas

@TCU

@Tulsa

@West Virginia

Vs Texas

@Texas Tech

Tennessee

Kansas State

Baylor

Oklahoma State

The point is schools like OU see 9-4 as the absolute floor of a what makes a "good" season.
I agree. But Nebraska and Oklahoma are really two entirely different programs at this point, with entirely different challenges ahead of them. I expect Oklahoma to play at a high level this season based on their recent history, their talent and their coaching. Nebraska has not recently given me any reason to place the same expectations on them as I would place on Oklahoma. A tough schedule for Nebraska may not be so tough for Oklahoma. Mthats just the way it is. I'm not saying that's okay,mor that's how it would be, but I am saying that's how it is.

Even if their starting QB goes down early and even the backup is dinged up, not to mention several other players on either lines?

9-4 is still a disapointment?

Yes

And that disapointment should lead to the coach being fired, even though those injuries were out of his control.

Even if their starting QB goes down early and even the backup is dinged up, not to mention several other players on either lines?

9-4 is still a disapointment?

Yes

And that disapointment should lead to the coach being fired, even though those injuries were out of his control.

You can't look at what happened last year in a vacuum of record only. Do I think he did enough to be fired last year? Absolutely, for tons of reasons. None of which are applicable to this thread about schedule strength so you'll excuse me if I don't get into them here.

Weird that they wouldn't fire a coach who has underachieved even below their absolute floor for a good season twice in the last nine years.

i am not sure what you point is. are you saying that if we win less than 8 games, our season still is not a failure? or are you saying that OU fans should not expect 10+ wins given their coach, talent, and schedule?

I think his point is that our schedule isn't all that easy when compared to the schedules of other upper tier Big-Six schools.

Weird that they wouldn't fire a coach who has underachieved even below their absolute floor for a good season twice in the last nine years.

i am not sure what you point is. are you saying that if we win less than 8 games, our season still is not a failure? or are you saying that OU fans should not expect 10+ wins given their coach, talent, and schedule?

I think his point is that our schedule isn't all that easy when compared to the schedules of other upper tier Big-Six schools.

I think you know why Bob Stoops wasn't fired for his two sub 9 win seasons. And I also think you know how many of reasons Stoops has and how many another coach that coaches a team in red has.