CBS Sports: Breaking Down the Big Ten Schedules

This is as good a time as any to announce the latest news from your friendly Mod team.

We are going to implement a more-strict enforcement of our Three-Strikes policy. For those of you not familiar with that policy, it goes like this - everyone read and agreed to abide by The Rules when they joined HuskerBoard. Those rules include, but are not limited to, prohibitions against trolling. Specifically this line is being bent all out of shape lately: There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling).

As we see posts like this, members will get a warning to stop this kind of behavior. All warnings are logged and visible to all Moderators.

Another such warning will result in a suspension based on the severity of the infraction.

A third warning for this behavior, without exception, will result in your account's permanent ban from HuskerBoard.

The takeaway from this - keep your posts on topic, don't let someone else get under your skin, and if someone pisses you off, walk away from the thread or take it to the Woodshed.

Use the report function on offending posts.

• Fire 4

Experiment like we did against Wyoming? In what way? Do you mean experimenting with different players at different positions?

I think that was the first 3-4 defense game if I'm not mistaken.

We've used variations of a 3-4 alignment for awhile, most notable in our spinner package. Sometimes it was horrible (Mizzou 2008) and other times it worked magnificently (Mizzou 2010). But yeah, that game seemed to be more tradition 3-4 look that didn't mesh well with the youth.

Experiment like we did against Wyoming? In what way? Do you mean experimenting with different players at different positions?

I think that was the first 3-4 defense game if I'm not mistaken.

We've used variations of a 3-4 alignment for awhile, most notable in our spinner package. Sometimes it was horrible (Mizzou 2008) and other times it worked magnificently (Mizzou 2010). But yeah, that game seemed to be more tradition 3-4 look that didn't mesh well with the youth.

It was maybe still more of the passive methodology than the actual 3-4. At least last year.

That is just altogether interesting to me. I've got to start paying more attention. That, or my memory is shot. So purely out of curiosity......we were experimenting with a new scheme in the first game of the season with all that youth and inexperience on the field? Trying to make sense of that.

I was typing this as you said what you said Saunders. I didn't realize we had been using that much in the past. I remember those games with the roaming DT and a lot of movement up front, but I didn't know what exactly we called that, or even considered it a 3-4 scheme.

This is as good a time as any to announce the latest news from your friendly Mod team.

We are going to implement a more-strict enforcement of our Three-Strikes policy. For those of you not familiar with that policy, it goes like this - everyone read and agreed to abide by The Rules when they joined HuskerBoard. Those rules include, but are not limited to, prohibitions against trolling. Specifically this line is being bent all out of shape lately: There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling).

As we see posts like this, members will get a warning to stop this kind of behavior. All warnings are logged and visible to all Moderators.

Another such warning will result in a suspension based on the severity of the infraction.

A third warning for this behavior, without exception, will result in your account's permanent ban from HuskerBoard.

The takeaway from this - keep your posts on topic, don't let someone else get under your skin, and if someone pisses you off, walk away from the thread or take it to the Woodshed.

Use the report function on offending posts.

You're taking away the only entertaining stuff on the board. I guess I'll have to join ShaggyBevo and look at MS Paint drawings of weiners.

Polo, what would be an example of a tough schedule by your metric?

Broncos, Seahawks, 49rs, bears.....

But then again, we ARE Nebraska, we should easily beat those cupcakes.

Dude, there's no reason to do that. I answered his question honestly. Stop putting words in my mouth and trolling.
Deleted. Edited by 74Hunter

Dude, there's no reason to do that. I answered his question honestly. Stop putting words in my mouth and trolling.

I was somewhat serious. Anything short of a schedule stacked with the best of the NFC West, and you're going to dismiss it as nothing bunch a bunch of sisters of the poor and directional schools of the blind, regardless of how tough it is rated by whichever person/ publication is rating it.

It's your m.o., please don't act like it's not.

Please read THIS POST. Thank you for your understanding.

I was somewhat serious. Anything short of a schedule stacked with the best of the NFC West, and you're going to dismiss it as nothing bunch a bunch of sisters of the poor and directional schools of the blind, regardless of how tough it is rated by whichever person/ publication is rating it.

• Fire 1

Whoops, my apologies.

So.......on a scale of F to A+ where does everybody think our schedule strength grades out at?

B - just a gut instinct.

I was thinking - if the SEC is soooo great, why isn't the conference champion have 3 or 4 loses every year? I would think they would beat up on each other because they are soooo good that having undefeated or once beat teams would be the exception, not the rule, unless . . .