CBS Sports: Breaking Down the Big Ten Schedules

Nebraska: Bo Pelini's crew will host Miami in non-conference play, and also plays one of the four Big Ten road games against a non-major. The Cornhuskers will play at Fresno State on Sept. 13th. The conference did them no favors with their league schedule. If Nebraska will win the inaugural West division title, they'll have to do so fighting through games at Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan State.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/jerry-palm/24573457/breaking-down-the-schedules-big-ten

Also has our SOS rated 18th, which seems high.

I dont think our Sos Is anything to sneeze at. Road trips to East Lansing, Iowa City, Camp Randall and Fresno shouod help our cause if we can win most of them. Plus hosting Miami wih a chance to win out at home on the year, we limit turnovers we have a legit shot at looking pretty good.

• Fire 2

Rutgers 11th SOS, and Maryland 25th?? Good thing they play each other. Otherwise they might not win a game.

Any bets on who wins the head to head? My moneys on Rutgers, Edsall has been a shell of what he was at Uconn.

It's a toss up. But I'd prolly go with Maryland. If only because it's at their home field. But they're a Jekyll and Hyde team. Last year they lost to a 4-8 Wake Forest team, then turned around and beat Va Tech a couple weeks later. Weird.

Rutgers 11th SOS, and Maryland 25th?? Good thing they play each other. Otherwise they might not win a game.

Any bets on who wins the head to head? My moneys on Rutgers, Edsall has been a shell of what he was at Uconn.
Id take Maryland by 2 scores. I watch a good amount of big East/AAC football (wife is a USF grad) and Rutgers is trending downward and they are BAD. 3-9 wouldn't surprise me at all.

I thought we were supposed to have a cupcake schedule this year according to some HB experts.

Do you think it's a particularly tough schedule?

I do think it is challenging, and it is certainly more challenging than some wish to believe.

I thought we were supposed to have a cupcake schedule this year according to some HB experts.

I should start a thread called "Every time that NUpolo8 frames out a false dichotomy."

But when the 5 toughest teams you will face are all road games I'd say that's a bit of a tough schedule yeah.

I do think it is challenging, and it is certainly more challenging than some wish to believe.
Possibly.

Florida Atlantic

McNeese st

Illinois

Purdue

Rutgers

Fresno St (this could be tougher than expected but several here have been awfully dismissive of them)

So there is all but a guaranteed bowl eligibility section right there.

Minnesota, Northwestern and Iowa.

-all games I would say 98% of the people here expect to win (and rightly so, IMO.). So let's just say they beat Minnesota and Iowa. There's 8 wins.

Wisconsin, Michigan St, and the potential CCG or bowl game.

--and there's why Bo is paid three plus mil a year. And how 2014 should be judged. Does he beat those two teams? Does the team get to the CCG? Are they in good bowl or are we trumpeting another gator bowl trophy?

EDIT:

my bad, I left Miami off. You should probably lump that one with MSU and Wisconsin. Marquee OOC game and it would be a very good thing if NU won that game.

• Fire 1

I should start a thread called "Every time that NUpolo8 frames out a false dichotomy."

But when the 5 toughest teams you will face are all road games I'd say that's a bit of a tough schedule yeah.

Ok, thank you for responding.

The schedule isn't that tough.

Possibly.

Florida Atlantic

McNeese st

Illinois

Purdue

Rutgers

Fresno St (this could be tougher than expected but several here have been awfully dismissive of them)

-all games I would say 98% of the people here expect to win (and rightly so, IMO.). So let's just say they beat Minnesota and Iowa. There's 8 wins.

--and there's why Bo is paid three plus mil a year. And how 2014 should be judged. Does he beat those two teams? Does the team get to the CCG? Are they in good bowl or are we trumpeting another gator bowl trophy?

You act like this schedule is way easier than Wisconsin's or say Alabama's. All good to great schools schedules look like this.

Possibly.

Florida Atlantic

McNeese st

Illinois

Purdue

Rutgers

You act like this schedule is way easier than Wisconsin's or say Alabama's. All good to great schools schedules look like this.

I don't harbor any illusion that those two schools have insanely tough schedules.

This thread is about how toughs Nebraska's may be according to a preseason poll. I don't particularly agree for the reasons I listed.

• Fire 1