The Totality of the Iraq War Failure is Stunning

Honest question. Has America "not failed" in any war or conflict since WWII?

Gulf War I was pretty damn successful.

Disagree. Gulf War I actually 100 years war or more thus never ended. Progress score ..... failure. Just like Afghanistan. Never learned (Hint: Vietnam war).

I don't know what you're saying. I found it successful because we organized an international coalition with the limited goal of liberating a country that was just invaded and occupied by a foreign power and accomplished precisely that goal without losing many US lives.

Disagree. Gulf War I actually 100 years war or more thus never ended. Progress score ..... failure. Just like Afghanistan. Never learned (Hint: Vietnam war).

I don't know what you're saying. I found it successful because we organized an international coalition with the limited goal of liberating a country that was just invaded and occupied by a foreign power and accomplished precisely that goal without losing many US lives.

I got to play in that one and I still don't know why I was there. Should we be in the business of deposing anyone?

There have been differences in every conflict since WWII.

WWII, there was a definite point of victory. We knew what we had to do to achieve victory and we knew who our opponents were. When our troops got to Baghdad, did we win? When we caught Saddam, was that considered a win? I'm worried that the only way we can win is by complete and utter annihilation of our enemies.

Since then what conflicts have we had definite victory scenario? Not to mention the ratio of guys in uniforms vs guys in pajamas have changed drastically.

From speaking with Iraqi's and american soldiers in the Gulf War we never should of been there. As Kuwait was stealing oil from Iraq and selling it. Sadaam found out and we went in to protect Kuwait. Now because of that Kuwaities are all rich and we helped them steal the oil by defending them. Which put us in Osama's cross hairs cause apparently we had the nerve to stand in his holy soil to do it.

That is the gist of the story I got from from both sides. Now I agree we were successful in what we did though.

I got to play in that one and I still don't know why I was there. Should we be in the business of deposing anyone?

Deposing?

Third Iraq War (2014) was simply extended Gulf War I conflict. Gulf War I actually never ended. "To be continued ...."

And the only prize was Kuwait .... half the size of Massachusetts. Big victory.

Our military keeps getting misused in "peacekeeping" or "nation building" roles. Those are two jobs, that are better left to the U.N. and N.A.T.O.

It should be a "break glass in case of something needing to be blown the f*ck up" role.

Right there!

Third Iraq War (2014) was simply extended Gulf War I conflict. Gulf War I actually never ended. "To be continued ...."

Regarding your first line: no. Absolutely not. That implies that our invasion of Iraq in 2003 was in some way necessary.

Regarding your second line: Your perspective might differ if you were a Kuwaiti.

Regarding your first line: no. Absolutely not. That implies that our invasion of Iraq in 2003 was in some way necessary.

Regarding your second line: Your perspective might differ if you were a Kuwaiti.

The Gulf War absolutely ended after 100 hours and I, like you, don't feel that this latest conflict was necessary.

Every Kuwaiti that I dealt with while over there was a flaming assh#ole who wanted nothing more than for us to hand their country back over to them and GTFO!

Carl,

Too many quotes and it won't let me quote you anymore but in response to your "depose" question:

Well, in the end that's what we did, right? Even though I don't agree with it, this conflict just seems like one big continuation of 1991. It's b.s. but that's how it feels to me.

Carl,

Too many quotes and it won't let me quote you anymore but in response to your "depose" question:

Well, in the end that's what we did, right? Even though I don't agree with it, this conflict just seems like one big continuation of 1991. It's b.s. but that's how it feels to me.

No. That is not what we did in Gulf War I.

The Gulf War absolutely ended after 100 hours and I, like you, don't feel that this latest conflict was necessary.

Every Kuwaiti that I dealt with while over there was a flaming assh#ole who wanted nothing more than for us to hand their country back over to them and GTFO!

The ground war ended after 100 hours.

Did you expect them to want you to stick around and occupy their land?

Carl,

No. That is not what we did in Gulf War I.

I should have been more clear, my apologies. My point was that this round of "conflicts" in Iraq just seem like a continuation of the Gulf War to "finish the job that HW started."