The Totality of the Iraq War Failure is Stunning

I think that the other thread is supposed to be about the terrorist aspect. This is a good big picture piece about what the Iraq War was sold as and the catastrophic failure to achieve those goals.

The totality of the Bush administration's failure in Iraq is stunning

The news that the US and Iran might cooperate to save Iraq's government is a measure of just how badly the Iraq war failed to achieve its aims.

"Unlike Saddam Hussein, we believe the Iraqi people are deserving and capable of human liberty," President George W. Bush said on March 17th, 2003. "And when the dictator has departed, they can set an example to all the Middle East of a vital and peaceful and self-governing nation.

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/17/5817910/the-undeniable-proof-that-the-iraq-war-was-an-utter-disaster

Honest question. Has America "not failed" in any war or conflict since WWII?

Gulf War I - goal to restore Kuwait and weaken, but not destroy Sadam, had a defined exit plan, Polyglot allies that worked well together, kept Isreal from gumming up the works.

That linked article is a total waste. Usually Vox does quite a bit better but this amounts to no more than some moaning and whining. Where's the facts? Where's the proof or backing for the claims made? This is no more than "oh boo hoo Bush screwed up". I think there's been about enough of that angle printed on the Charlie Foxtrot that is Iraq. Is there supposed to be something new in the article that we didn't already know? Is there some additional proof of what all went wrong? meh- waste of time.

So....no, the USA isn't the total failure some make it out to be.

Definitely not! It's still a little disheartening to think about where we could be if we had spent all of that money here at home.

Or not borrowed most of the money to fight the war and pay the corporate war machine.

So....no, the USA isn't the total failure some make it out to be.

Definitely not! It's still a little disheartening to think about where we could be if we had spent all of that money here at home.

Or not borrowed most of the money to fight the war and pay the corporate war machine.

I agree that this would have been better than the way that it was wasted.