Ex-Husker assistant Tenopir fighting leukemia

Yeah this really sucks. And yeah 95 Huskers I agree, although I try to not wish any of it on anyone it just really sucks to see someone so beloved have to suffer through that horrible disease. Especially, when it hits so close to home for my family when you watch someone who is the toughest guy you know growing up get knocked down over and over by this.

Yeah this really sucks. And yeah 95 Huskers I agree, although I try to not wish any of it on anyone it just really sucks to see someone so beloved have to suffer through that horrible disease. Especially, when it hits so close to home for my family when you watch someone who is the toughest guy you know growing up get knocked down over and over by this.

i've been fortunate enough to get to know Milt over the last 10 years through business... He sits on a board of the company I work for. He has always been great around me. My favorite times were when we would be sitting down, drinking a good ol fashioned bush light, and it never failed, at some point in the night he would be finding a pen and a napkin and start drawing up blocking schemes...

i've been fortunate enough to get to know Milt over the last 10 years through business... He sits on a board of the company I work for. He has always been great around me. My favorite times were when we would be sitting down, drinking a good ol fashioned bush light, and it never failed, at some point in the night he would be finding a pen and a napkin and start drawing up blocking schemes...

Awesome.

Nice article from Shatel:

On Wednesday afternoon, I found myself driving through central Lincoln, tooling down 40th Street. With a lump in my throat.

When I found Milt’s house, I parked and walked up to the front door. There was a Husker sign that read, “29 glory years.” Gotta be him.
The front door swung open. There was the coach.
He’d lost a bunch of weight, to be sure. He was wearing a Ben Hogan cap. To cover up his bald head.
His tired body moved slowly. His voice was a little raspy. He looked and sounded like a man who was going through chemotherapy four days a week.
Uncle Milt is sick.
He has leukemia. Specifically, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, a disease that plows through bone marrow, preventing it from making red and white blood cells. It’s a cancer more common for children under 15. Milt is 74.