Putin Blinked

There is something about this conflict that really, really, REALLY has me nervous.

Russia flexing their muscles in a manner they haven't done for decades. Putin is not acting the most responsible. Either he is lying through his teeth or the military isn't listening to him. If they aren't listening to him, who are they listening to? NATO is taking notice and putting together a strike force in case it's needed. Whoever is calling the shots doesn't give a crap and Russia does have nukes.

Can't figure out why I'm nervous.

Putin: I can take Kiev in 2 wks

Game of bluff, chicken or political gamesmanship What happened to the end of the cold war and the "RESET"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/11069070/I-can-take-Kiev-in-two-weeks-Vladimir-Putin-warns-European-leaders.html

He has gone bat sh#t crazy.

It is like he wants to do what it takes to put his name up with the great czars of Russian history and needs to go conquer something.

Is Fascist too strong a word for Putin? Because that's what it seems like it's getting to over there. Not on the same radical scale that history has seen, but I mean authoritarian state? Check... Intense, blind nationalism and propaganda? Check...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...