Liberty Amendments

We need a coup d'état. Disband both Senate and House, abolish lobbyists and POTUS is simply a figurehead like British monarchy. Next, install unicameral lawmakers, one house, with no party alignment (Nebraska model). I like the ideas for previous posts ........ voters online.

Roman Empire eventually failed. I hope not too late by launching U.S. coup d'état.

Just kidding? I don't knowww ..... think about it.

.........The two house system is part of the intricate checks and balances systems we have in place at the Federal level. A unicameral system would not work well on the Federal level. Either small population states like Nebraska are marginalized, or have excessive power over the larger states.

..........had several years of morons in the House, does not make for a justification for tearing down what is the most successful governmental system the world has seen to date.

Yeah, perfect world. At least abolish lobbyists .... you agree? Anyway, a few countries like Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, South Korea, Turkey, Greece, Israel, etc. have unicameral legislatures. And Germany states are all unicameral systems (Länder)

I agree, we need to get rid of morons right away, in particular, greedy, crooked, speaks with a fork tongues and republicans (just kidding) politicians ..... not a couple but dozens. What's the first step; shoot 'em all?? :o

Well said, man. I'm constantly amazed at how badly our own citizens underestimate this country. After spending a year in China, I'd bet on us every day and twice on Sunday. And the Roman Empire? Please. Until the day comes when our army starts swearing loyalty to our generals, not the constitution, it's a non-comparison not worth entertaining.

Our country won't survive 4 more years of Bush/Obama/Hillary!

Well said, man. I'm constantly amazed at how badly our own citizens underestimate this country. After spending a year in China, I'd bet on us every day and twice on Sunday. And the Roman Empire? Please. Until the day comes when our army starts swearing loyalty to our generals, not the constitution, it's a non-comparison not worth entertaining.

Carl, who would you like to see turn this mess around?

If our country can survive Bush, I think it could survive a second Devonian extinction. :)

If our country can survive Bush, I think it could survive a second Devonian extinction. :)

devnet's coming back?

• Fire 1

I don't think it is a matter of "who" but "how".

Take the power of money out of politics and revolt against the media that fills us with crap and you would be amazed at what the exact same people in Washington could accomplish.

We need a coup d'état. Disband both Senate and House, abolish lobbyists and POTUS is simply a figurehead like British monarchy. Next, install unicameral lawmakers, one house, with no party alignment (Nebraska model). I like the ideas for previous posts ........ voters online.

Roman Empire eventually failed. I hope not too late by launching U.S. coup d'état.

Just kidding? I don't knowww ..... think about it.

.........The two house system is part of the intricate checks and balances systems we have in place at the Federal level. A unicameral system would not work well on the Federal level. Either small population states like Nebraska are marginalized, or have excessive power over the larger states.

..........had several years of morons in the House, does not make for a justification for tearing down what is the most successful governmental system the world has seen to date.

Yeah, perfect world. At least abolish lobbyists .... you agree? Anyway, a few countries like Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, South Korea, Turkey, Greece, Israel, etc. have unicameral legislatures. And Germany states are all unicameral systems (Länder)

I agree, we need to get rid of morons right away, in particular, greedy, crooked, speaks with a fork tongues and republicans (just kidding) politicians ..... not a couple but dozens. What's the first step; shoot 'em all?? :o

First off, understand that European countries are more like our states, in both population, and area. And their states are more like our counties. There is an order of magnitude that you are not taking into account. Comparing things is apples and oranges. Greece has 11 million, Denmark has about 5 million. Sweden has about 9 million. Norway, about 5 million. Israel 8 million. South Korea at 80 million and Turkey at 76 million are the largest. But still small in comparison to the US. California has nearly 40 million alone. And balancing area with population density is not nearly the issue with the smaller nations.

Second, those are all Parliamentary systems. We do not operate that way.

Third, every single one of them copied our system. Why on earth would we want to become a copy of a copy?

I do think we need to pull a lot of the money out of the system, but doing so has been problematic, and to think that moving to a different Governmental system is the answer makes no sense.

Take the power of money out of politics and revolt against the media that fills us with crap and you would be amazed at what the exact same people in Washington could accomplish.

I whole-heartedly agree

Also the inability of the public to recognize that Congress has more power than the president is quite astounding. Thanks Congress!

I don't really know what you mean. We're in better shape today than we were 6 years ago.

Not disagreeing - you said that the country could not stand another 4 years of Bush/Obama/Hillary - so I suspected that you might have someone else in mind beyond this current president to break the log jam in DC and get things done. Or maybe I totally missed what you were saying with that quote?? :dunno

I whole-heartedly agree

Also the inability of the public to recognize that Congress has more power than the president is quite astounding. Thanks Congress!

to much political grandstanding all of the way around - thus nothing gets done.

What is the best way to get the money out of politics but leaves a level playing field for incumbent and challenger?