Bo on Stringfellow....Ouch....

So where did Bo actually come out with these allegations against Ole Miss?

Big Ten Media Day last week, IIRC.

I think his point was that Bo didn't actually make any accusations, and yet everyone somehow knows what he meant, because everyone knows Ole Miss is dirty. Pretty funny that their coach responded to a cheating allegation that wasn't even made. The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Like the old saying goes, Throw a rock into a pack of dogs and the one that yelps is the one that got hit....

Stands to reason

I think Bo did take the high road and I believe Nebraska as a whole generally does. I always was proud of this for a long time, but as time goes by with our 9 win seasons I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth the risk to play dirty and cheat. Is it cheating if most other schools do it? Or is it the unfortunate evolution of college football? It's starting to appear to me that by not joining the majority nebraska is doing itself a disserverice by taking higher ground. I'm ready to win again and as I look at the successful teams over the last decade... Who doesn't cheat? I might catch flack for saying all this and it's well deserved. I understand it's not the right way, but I'm to a point where I think the saying, "if you can't beat em join em" says it best. I want to win and be relative again. Sanctions don't seem to hurt schools enough to be a deterrent anyway. Again I wish it wasn't this way but it's the evolution of the game. Players are paid in many ways across the country monetarily and in other forms. I'm ready to see nebraska win again at all costs.

I think Bo did take the high road and I believe Nebraska as a whole generally does. I always was proud of this for a long time, but as time goes by with our 9 win seasons I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth the risk to play dirty and cheat. Is it cheating if most other schools do it? Or is it the unfortunate evolution of college football? It's starting to appear to me that by not joining the majority nebraska is doing itself a disserverice by taking higher ground. I'm ready to win again and as I look at the successful teams over the last decade... Who doesn't cheat? I might catch flack for saying all this and it's well deserved. I understand it's not the right way, but I'm to a point where I think the saying, "if you can't beat em join em" says it best. I want to win and be relative again. Sanctions don't seem to hurt schools enough to be a deterrent anyway. Again I wish it wasn't this way but it's the evolution of the game. Players are paid in many ways across the country monetarily and in other forms. I'm ready to see nebraska win again at all costs.

Really can't fathom your last sentence.I would love to see us back in a title hunt.But ingegrity of the program will long out live a championship.

I completely understand your response and until recent I felt the same way. BUT Is it worth being one of very few schools with integrity to never even come close to a national championship again? Is it cheating if it's the norm? Does it really go against the school's integrity? Or is it just not evolving with the unfortunate realities of college football's evolution?

Have you watched a nebraska game and saw a call against the other team go our way when it shouldn't have? I have. Were you upset that the wrong call was made in our favor and helped us? I wasn't. I believe my words at moments like that are something to the affect of, "bad call, but I'll take it." To me it's the same. I understand the flip side. Once your integrity is gone it can never be there again. It's unfortunate that integrity doesn't put hardware in the trophy case and I wish that it were possible to win championships the right way... With integrity, but is it really possible anymore?

Really can't fathom your last sentence.I would love to see us back in a title hunt.But ingegrity of the program will long out live a championship.