Bo on Stringfellow....Ouch....

Bo is Bo!

I am sure he was frustrated with how that all went down and there is probably a lot more he is aware of then he is sharing with us dumb fans. It don't matter, turn the damn page already this may not be the polished coach speak some of you would like to hear but jeepers, it's not like he said anything that deserves more than a chuckle!

There were other ways to get his point across without being as harsh. This was past the line, imo.

did he not early address very well when he mentioned how to fix recruiting again, which everyone seems to agree with? he could have just said something about being disappointed he missed out on the player, but he likes his players and the talent he is bringing in. then mention that recruiting is competitive and challenging and some of the problems all programs face could be fixed by doing away with national signing day... so on and so forth.

that would have been a good way to go.

It would have been the perfect way to go. Talk about how you're committed to the players that committed here and go on about points about how you think recruiting could and should look.

Or just make it personal again over something that happens to every coach who recruits big names.

• Fire 2

Bo is Bo![/size]

[/size]

I am sure he was frustrated with how that all went down and there is probably a lot more he is aware of then he is sharing with us dumb fans. It don't matter, turn the damn page already this may not be the polished coach speak some of you would like to hear but jeepers, it's not like he said anything that deserves more than a chuckle![/size]

Wasn't the pr narrative for the past few months was that he had changed?

• Fire 1

Pretty sure Bo has been very clear that he hasn't changed who he is. This has been echoed by the players and others that know him. The "PR narrative" is that he's allowing the media and public more access so that we can have a more complete view of him, rather than only seeing him in game situations.

• Fire 3

Bo is Bo![/size]

[/size]

I am sure he was frustrated with how that all went down and there is probably a lot more he is aware of then he is sharing with us dumb fans. It don't matter, turn the damn page already this may not be the polished coach speak some of you would like to hear but jeepers, it's not like he said anything that deserves more than a chuckle![/size]

Wasn't the pr narrative for the past few months was that he had changed?

Pretty sure Bo has been very clear that he hasn't changed who he is. This has been echoed by the players and others that know him. The "PR narrative" is that he's allowing the media and public more access so that we can have a more complete view of him, rather than only seeing him in game situations.

Yes, this.

There were other ways to get his point across without being as harsh. This was past the line, imo.

did he not early address very well when he mentioned how to fix recruiting again, which everyone seems to agree with? he could have just said something about being disappointed he missed out on the player, but he likes his players and the talent he is bringing in. then mention that recruiting is competitive and challenging and some of the problems all programs face could be fixed by doing away with national signing day... so on and so forth.

It would have been the perfect way to go. Talk about how you're committed to the players that committed here and go on about points about how you think recruiting could and should look.

Or just make it personal again over something that happens to every coach who recruits big names.

Have Ole Miss [read between the line$] a player? Ahem...

Probably not that status quo you want in college football.

Here's the funny thing, can anyone prove that happened?

Also, assuming it did, it is not like player compensation under the table is a new, emerging problem in college football. It existed when Bo was a coach in 2008, and when he was an assistant at Oklahoma and LSU before then, two schools that have had such barbs thrown at them. So, either his naivete is astounding, or this is something different.

Further, grumbling and calling parents clueless is probably not the best way to actually change the system. And speaking of changing the system, its reasonable to think and hope Bo could probably jump to the level of winning championships, but to think and hope Bo is going to be the Curt Flood of college football as it applies to this issue is pretty far fetched.

Also, assuming it did, it is not like player compensation under the table is a new, emerging problem in college football. It existed when Bo was a coach in 2008, and when he was an assistant at Oklahoma and LSU before then, two schools that have had such barbs thrown at them. So, either his naivete is astounding, or this is something different.

Further, grumbling and calling parents clueless is probably not the best way to actually change the system. And speaking of changing the system, its reasonable to think and hope Bo could probably jump to the level of winning championships, but to think and hope Bo is going to be the Curt Flood of college football as it applies to this issue is pretty far fetched.

I am sure that there are people in the know that could easily prove what happened. The question is would they (my guess is no) or what is needed to get them to provide such evidence (not sure)? Still, cheating should not be ignored because it is hard to prove and even harder to prevent.

You're right that Bo doesn't have to comment on this situation, but I am glad he did. I wish comments from the Big 12 Media Days also get more attention from the NCAA. These problems should be brought more often. Maybe with enough pressure, the NCAA will actually govern.

Here's the funnier thing. Can anyone prove Bo was implying player compensation under the table? Or was he commenting on a parent subordinating a child's ARTICULATED desire to attend NU for some other consideration?

But hey, gotta advance that ol' "Bo's wrong" agenda. I don't take your comments seriously (which is a shame because you may actually be able to contribute to a discussion) because most of those comments are, well, unbalanced. Carry on.

• Fire 3

If both of Bo's comments were directed at the parent, not cheating SEC schools, that makes it worse, not better.

If I'm an opposing coach, I make sure Bo has to explain the nuances of how in this case, she was just really that wrong and no, *you're* not clueless, I value your role in this process in every living room he visits this fall, which I don't think would be a very hard thing to accomplish at this point.

If this is some calculated, long-term strategy on Bo's part to draw appropriate NCAA attention to Ole Miss, then I apologize for not giving him enough credit.

• Fire 2

FWIW, I assumed the "read between the lines" referred to the standard Ole Mi$$ approach to recruiting. Seems pretty obvious to me that they straight up bought this kid away from us. It was the reporter that brought up parents in a follow-up question.