Smoking & Grilling Sites

Roxy15

My go-to grilling site is amazingribs.com. I've posted about them here before and I know several other people here use them. They are the experts, they know meat & grills & just about every method around, and every single recipe I've tried from their site has turned out perfectly.

That's a fantastic resource. I've made their herb mustard sauce before and it came out quite well.

What sort of smoker do you use? I'm currently using a Masterbuilt electric and I use one of those A-Maze-N Pellet Smokers as a smoke generator. ( http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMNPS5X8 )

Pretty decent results . . . but I'm not satisfied. I think that I need to switch to a charcoal smoker in the future . . .

My go-to grilling site is amazingribs.com. I've posted about them here before and I know several other people here use them. They are the experts, they know meat & grills & just about every method around, and every single recipe I've tried from their site has turned out perfectly.

That's a fantastic resource. I've made their herb mustard sauce before and it came out quite well.

What sort of smoker do you use? I'm currently using a Masterbuilt electric and I use one of those A-Maze-N Pellet Smokers as a smoke generator. ( http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMNPS5X8 )

Pretty decent results . . . but I'm not satisfied. I think that I need to switch to a charcoal smoker in the future . . .

You can get a komado like this for a good price: http://slickdeals.net/f/7168132-char-griller-akorn-kamado-cooker-black-239-20-tax-free-shipping-target?src=pdw&v=1

Me, I use a weber kettle with a smokenator add on. I also use a Maverick wireless thermometer to monitor from all over the house. My wife just got me a Party Q remote temp controller, and with my setup, I should be able to do 10-12 hours per charcoal load.

You can get a komado like this for a good price: http://slickdeals.net/f/7168132-char-griller-akorn-kamado-cooker-black-239-20-tax-free-shipping-target?src=pdw&v=1

Me, I use a weber kettle with a smokenator add on. I also use a Maverick wireless thermometer to monitor from all over the house. My wife just got me a Party Q remote temp controller, and with my setup, I should be able to do 10-12 hours per charcoal load.

I have the same thermometer! I've read about the PartyQ. Have you used it yet? Sounds slick . . . nearly as foolproof as an electric with the better flavor of charcoal.

• 2 weeks later...

I think i have tried 3 different remote thermometers and I can't get any of them to work long term. It seems like they work the first time reasonably well, then they stop working shortly after that.

I've given up on them.

I just use a simple digital meat thermometer.

i have this one. loved it, worked great for awhile. then it just stopped. whenever i turn it on, no matter what, it gives me the highest reading. very frustrating.

I think i have tried 3 different remote thermometers and I can't get any of them to work long term. It seems like they work the first time reasonably well, then they stop working shortly after that.

I've given up on them.

I just use a simple digital meat thermometer.

i have this one. loved it, worked great for awhile. then it just stopped. whenever i turn it on, no matter what, it gives me the highest reading. very frustrating.

Yep, that's the kind of thing that happens when I buy them.