Post game Article of Jack Gangwish

One series.

That’s all it took Saturday for those offseason questions and concerns about Nebraska’s lack of depth at defensive end to come to panicked fruition.

And while you were cursing the fates or holding your breath when Randy Gregory was limping along the Nebraska sideline, Jack Gangwish had a distinctly different reaction.

“I was chomping at the bit. I was ready to go,” said Gangwish, the junior walk-on from Wood River.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2014/article_d8e78fe6-a977-58c3-af8b-e0b1b4f30ab8.html

• Fire 2

f'ing walk ons, why don't they get out of the way for the real players!

Signed,

A few members of this board

:sarcasm: except a few members really feel that way...I think Gangwish will do fine filling in.

Bunch of pieces of sh#t man. Remind me why we give these kids scholarships? They couldn't play at Bama, can't play here.

The thrill of meeting with Tom Osborne was giving way to harsh reality, and Jack Gangwish was coming to realize that the Husker football legend wasn’t going to mince any words with him.

The Nebraska athletic director had watched Gangwish’s high school film before the family came to his office during an unofficial recruiting visit in January 2011.
It wasn’t unlike so many that Osborne had seen before during his 25 years as NU head coach.
And what Gangwish recalls was Osborne telling him that he wasn’t very big, he wasn’t very fast and he wasn’t particularly strong.
“It was kind of disappointing to hear, as a high school kid thinking about going to the next level,” said Gangwish, who had been a three-year starter at Wood River High but nothing more than honorable mention Class C-1 all-state as a senior.
It might have scared away a less confident and resilient player. It might have sent most running off to somewhere like Chadron State, which seemed like his safest option.
Gangwish instead chose to dwell on one last comment that Osborne had added, which in his mind muted out some of the rest.
“He did say, based on what he’d seen of my high school tapes, that if I can work as hard every single day as what I showed on those films that I would have an opportunity to be successful here,” Gangwish said.

OWH

The thrill of meeting with Tom Osborne was giving way to harsh reality, and Jack Gangwish was coming to realize that the Husker football legend wasn’t going to mince any words with him.

The Nebraska athletic director had watched Gangwish’s high school film before the family came to his office during an unofficial recruiting visit in January 2011.
It wasn’t unlike so many that Osborne had seen before during his 25 years as NU head coach.
And what Gangwish recalls was Osborne telling him that he wasn’t very big, he wasn’t very fast and he wasn’t particularly strong.
“It was kind of disappointing to hear, as a high school kid thinking about going to the next level,” said Gangwish, who had been a three-year starter at Wood River High but nothing more than honorable mention Class C-1 all-state as a senior.
It might have scared away a less confident and resilient player. It might have sent most running off to somewhere like Chadron State, which seemed like his safest option.
Gangwish instead chose to dwell on one last comment that Osborne had added, which in his mind muted out some of the rest.
“He did say, based on what he’d seen of my high school tapes, that if I can work as hard every single day as what I showed on those films that I would have an opportunity to be successful here,” Gangwish said.

OWH

I wonder over the 25+ years how many bonfires TO started under Nebraska kids with the tiniest of sparks like the little nugget he dropped on Gangwish?