Post game Article of Jack Gangwish

One series.

That’s all it took Saturday for those offseason questions and concerns about Nebraska’s lack of depth at defensive end to come to panicked fruition.

And while you were cursing the fates or holding your breath when Randy Gregory was limping along the Nebraska sideline, Jack Gangwish had a distinctly different reaction.

“I was chomping at the bit. I was ready to go,” said Gangwish, the junior walk-on from Wood River.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2014/article_d8e78fe6-a977-58c3-af8b-e0b1b4f30ab8.html

Damn Journal Star paywall. Hell, I'd pay if it were something reasonable, like a couple of dollars a month. But $13/mo, really?

Gangwich is a great example of what is possible for small town Nebraska kids if they are willing to take it that far. Every year there are at least 5 small town kids with the frame and athletic ability that could, with about 3 years of tutoring and weight room work, become contributors on this team. Nebraska needs this contribution, its one of the things that really makes NU unique plus it adds needed depth.

You used to see this all over the field for Nebraska. For some reason this was lost for a lot of years, but it is coming back slowly.

Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR 3m

@jackgangwish: Best fans in football. #GBR pic.twitter.com/e9WzZJUegk” wow. This is cool

BwfD_SsCUAAiujG.jpg

Say hello to your future Berringer Award winner.

One look made the wife cry....alright so maybe I got a bit misty too, don't make a big deal of it.

Really? Were you both listening to Coldplay?

Coldplay rocks, dude. One day they"ll be gone and you'll regret your mockery.... :bat

Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR 3m

@jackgangwish: Best fans in football. #GBR pic.twitter.com/e9WzZJUegk wow. This is cool

BwfD_SsCUAAiujG.jpg

Say hello to your future Berringer Award winner.

One look made the wife cry....alright so maybe I got a bit misty too, don't make a big deal of it.

Really? Were you both listening to Coldplay?

Coldplay rocks, dude. One day they"ll be gone and you'll regret your mockery.... :bat
You can use any other phrase/adjective to describe Coldplay, but they do not "Rock." Good maybe, depends on your taste, but they definitely do not "Rock."