2006 and 2007 schedules are complete

Last year Nicholls State was a better football team than Troy and comparable to Louisiana Tech. The Colonels rushed for 408 yards...6.3 yards per attempt...on Indiana.

Yes, I know Indiana's a bad BCS league team. But Nicholls State really should've won that game. They were at the Indiana 11 with four minutes left and a 31 - 28 lead...with the Hoosiers showing no signs of being able to stop their running game...when they fumbled. Indiana then drove it down and scored with 47 seconds left to win 35-31.

I guess from your standpoint it's not helpful to your team because they run an offense Nebraska won't see from others. It's that double-wing option Navy runs. But don't be surprised if they're able to move the football. Hard to say now because they did lose their QB to graduation but I woudn't be shocked.

By the way...I know you'll think I'm crazy but I think your adminitration made the wrong choice in ditching option football. That's what made Nebraska what it was. I think they should've hired Paul Johnson (Navy) and let him run that offense. You had the personnel for it. Then you'd have been the only big time team in the country running it. You'd have had your pick of the best option personel in the country every recruiting season.

You wouldn't have necessarily gotten a lot of NFL type players, but you don't need NFL type players to run that offense. It takes a different kind of player. A different kind of QB and a different kind of offensive lineman. But every time another big time team played you they'd have been playing an offense dramatically different than anything else they'd seen all year. No way they could adequately prepare for it being run with the kinds of athletes Nebraska could've gotten to run it. And nobody knows how to make it hum like Paul Johnson does.

Last year Nicholls State was a better football team than Troy and comparable to Louisiana Tech. The Colonels rushed for 408 yards...6.3 yards per attempt...on Indiana.

Yes, I know Indiana's a bad BCS league team. But Nicholls State really should've won that game. They were at the Indiana 11 with four minutes left and a 31 - 28 lead...with the Hoosiers showing no signs of being able to stop their running game...when they fumbled. Indiana then drove it down and scored with 47 seconds left to win 35-31.

I guess from your standpoint it's not helpful to your team because they run an offense Nebraska won't see from others. It's that double-wing option Navy runs. But don't be surprised if they're able to move the football. Hard to say now because they did lose their QB to graduation but I woudn't be shocked.

By the way...I know you'll think I'm crazy but I think your adminitration made the wrong choice in ditching option football. That's what made Nebraska what it was. I think they should've hired Paul Johnson (Navy) and let him run that offense. You had the personnel for it. Then you'd have been the only big time team in the country running it. You'd have had your pick of the best option personel in the country every recruiting season.

You wouldn't have necessarily gotten a lot of NFL type players, but you don't need NFL type players to run that offense. It takes a different kind of player. A different kind of QB and a different kind of offensive lineman. But every time another big time team played you they'd have been playing an offense dramatically different than anything else they'd seen all year. No way they could adequately prepare for it being run with the kinds of athletes Nebraska could've gotten to run it. And nobody knows how to make it hum like Paul Johnson does.

:o Please, please let a sleeping dog lie. LOL!!!!

GBR!!!

Last year Nicholls State was a better football team than Troy and comparable to Louisiana Tech.  The Colonels rushed for 408 yards...6.3 yards per attempt...on Indiana. 

Yes, I know Indiana's a bad BCS league team.  But Nicholls State really should've won that game.  They were at the Indiana 11 with four minutes left and a 31 - 28 lead...with the Hoosiers showing no signs of being able to stop their running game...when they fumbled.  Indiana then drove it down and scored with 47 seconds left to win 35-31.

I guess from your standpoint it's not helpful to your team because they run an offense Nebraska won't see from others.  It's that double-wing option Navy runs.  But don't be surprised if they're able to move the football.  Hard to say now because they did lose their QB to graduation but I woudn't be shocked.

By the way...I know you'll think I'm crazy but I think your adminitration made the wrong choice in ditching option football.  That's what made Nebraska what it was.  I think they should've hired Paul Johnson (Navy) and let him run that offense.  You had the personnel for it.  Then you'd have been the only big time team in the country running it.  You'd have had your pick of the best option personel in the country every recruiting season. 

You wouldn't have necessarily gotten a lot of NFL type players, but you don't need NFL type players to run that offense.  It takes a different kind of player.  A different kind of QB and a different kind of offensive lineman.  But every time another big time team played you they'd have been playing an offense dramatically different than anything else they'd seen all year.  No way they could adequately prepare for it being run with the kinds of athletes Nebraska could've gotten to run it.  And nobody knows how to make it hum like Paul Johnson does.

:o Please, please let a sleeping dog lie. LOL!!!!

GBR!!!

no!!

hunter

NU has played teams like this in the past. I don't see the reason to get bent out of shape with it now. Hell, we play USC and Texas next year and I think we will all be glad to have some teams like this on the schedule. Like other have said, other teams schedule patsies as well.

Wasn't Va Tech going to be added? Or is that for later years? Maybe after the USC series?

i wouldnt go to that game i'd be too afraid of gettin hit by marcus vick's stray bullets. but since they kicked him off the team(heard they were reviewing their decision, wonder what will happen) it wouldnt be such a problem any more.

Wasn't Va Tech going to be added? Or is that for later years? Maybe after the USC series?

i wouldnt go to that game i'd be too afraid of gettin hit by marcus vick's stray bullets. but since they kicked him off the team(heard they were reviewing their decision, wonder what will happen) it wouldnt be such a problem any more.

I could be wrong, but what i got out of them reviewing the "Vick Incident" is....They are not reviewing whether they made the wrong decision in kicking him off the team, but how can they prevent something like this happening in the future because Vick has been a problem in the past. More or less, maybe the University should of been more strick in the early goings of his issues....Course i just skimmed over the article, so hope i am not wrong here.

If I remember correctly, during the ND game here in 2001 NU scored on their first drive and ND fumbled on their very first play from scrimmage, which we recovered and turned into another quick score. NU ended up dominating the first quarter and it wasn't really close after that.

The gameday crew was there and they made what I thought was a valid point after the game saying that it was NU's third game of the season and ND's first. IMO, scheduling an easy game and then a slightly tougher one before the marquee non-conference game is not just an AD desperate for wins or money, but sensible scheduling. No coach would want to start the season playing a murderer's row of top notch teams.

Kids aren't going to decline an opportunity to play for Nebraska thinking we don't play the top programs and get national coverage because the fact of the matter is that we do.

00-01 - Notre Dame

02-03 - Penn State

04-05 - Pitt

06-07 - USC

Bear in mind that Pitt, while less notable and not too good this past year, did go to a BCS bowl the year before and appeared to be an up and coming program when they were scheduled.

Combining a non-conference schedule with includes a traditionally powerful program with the likes of Oklahoma, Texas, and the rest of the Big XII is a schedule that will both give us national credibility for beating tough opponents during the season and also convince recruits that they'll get plenty of opportunities to show their skills against the best talent out there. Actually going out and playing the games aside, from a pure scheduling standpoint putting a couple cupcakes in the first slots of the season will do nothing to hurt the program. This is something that has been done for decades, it didn't just start last season or the season before. Why it's suddenly a big deal I really don't know.