Scout Recruiting Rankings

I honestly don't care about rankings all that much, but I am a bit baffled at why we are below teams such as Tennessee, Cal, Clemson, A&M, Tech, Maryland, and Illinois.

We've got more 5* and 4* players than about all of them, and at least as many 3*, and a greater percentage of our commits are those higher starred players.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=9&c=14&yr=2006

Curious as to how we are ranked so low.

Oh well.

I honestly don't care about rankings all that much, but I am a bit baffled at why we are below teams such as Tennessee, Cal, Clemson, A&M, Tech, Maryland, and Illinois.

We've got more 5* and 4* players than about all of them, and at least as many 3*, and a greater percentage of our commits are those higher starred players.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=9&c=14&yr=2006

Curious as to how we are ranked so low.

Oh well.

I think it's because scout doesn't count JC players.

You're exactly right, I always wondered about this as well. We're even 6th in the Big 12! But anways, they obviously bank more on their Top 100 high school players and don't give many points for JUCOs. It baffles me a little bit too that we have the the lowest ranking for someone with the high avg. rating (3.17). Scout doesn't upgrade stars for a lot of players like Rivals does. It seems that all the NU commits who were no-namers (1 or 2-stars) all of a sudden became at least 3.