12th Man, The Students

I know that there are many threads about how the fans were last night, but I have seen little thanks to the students. It was the students that set the tone for the game from start to finish. The lifers at Memorial Stadium can stay classy, but I am loving what I am seeing out of the students this season. The students didn't sit down for the entire game, they brought out the towels, costumes, face/body paint, a wicked looking tarp and cardboard cut outs of Bo's cat. The players fed off that energy all night long and played football the way I have not seen Nebraska play since the 90's. I know many fans disliked the Boo's because it was not "classy", but does the fan status really matter? I would much rather see Memorial Stadium as intimidating as it was last night in every game, teams should fear coming to our house. Anyways...

Thanks for waking up a sleeping lion, students.

GBR

uXkOnBx.png?1

• Fire 1

I know that there are many threads about how the fans were last night, but I have seen little thanks to the students. It was the students that set the tone for the game from start to finish. The lifers at Memorial Stadium can stay classy, but I am loving what I am seeing out of the students this season. The students didn't sit down for the entire game, they brought out the towels, costumes, face/body paint, a wicked looking tarp and cardboard cut outs of Bo's cat. The players fed off that energy all night long and played football the way I have not seen Nebraska play since the 90's. I know many fans disliked the Boo's because it was not "classy", but does the fan status really matter? I would much rather see Memorial Stadium as intimidating as it was last night in every game, teams should fear coming to our house. Anyways...

Thanks for waking up a sleeping lion, students.

GBR

uXkOnBx.png?1

I agree withat everything you said, except for the title. We definitely should not call it the 12th man. That's TAMU's schtick.

That said, the energy levels were fantastic last night, from both the players and from the fans. I certainly hope that energy carries over through the rest of the year. To me, it was the perfect blend of the spirit and mentality of our past with the talent and schemes of our present and future.

Let's just call it something besides the 12th man...