Complete 180 for Pelini era!

Look we lost to a better team. My biggest complaint is with the Oline. Talk about smoke a mirrors. Does MSU have a great D? Absolutely. If I was our oline coaches, Id start making some changes. That was atrocious.

Our O-line buried us on plenty of plays. We need some serious changes to be made. I would assume every team we face from here on out will follow Sparty's gameplan until we adjust.

MSU knew what they had to do to beat the Huskers. Rush the DE hard to the QB, gang tackle Ameer and good coverage on our WR. They pretty well knew they could get to Tommy before our WR could get separation. The way most teams beat that is short passes over the middle to the TE or to a back flaring. Those passes are Tommy's achilles heel. I didn't realize till halftime that our starting TE was on the sideline in a boot. To me this game was lost at the tackle position. Neither Lewis or Sterup could contain the edge. As far as running the ball up the middle, it is hard for 5 OL to block 8 defenders in the box. We rarely ran power with a double TE and usually not even one TE. Our 2nd string WR had to grow up last night too. Of the 3 starters who began fall camp, only Westy was healthy by the end of the 1st Qtr.

Defensively I thought we did some good things for a unit that is at some positions playing third string guys. The front 4 pretty well stopped the rush and while the DB's stumbled a few times they played well enough to keep us in the game had the offense had more success.

While this loss was disheartening, I'm not throwing this team on the scrap heap. They have two choices. Give up or get better and I think we do the latter.

Don't forget Pelini at Center with his four early snaps when TA wasn't ready for them. We really need to stop the charity scholarships to kids of former players who are not div 1 caliber players. Barney has to run out of kids eventually....right? The OL looked every bit as bad as when they were "coached" by Barney last night and I used that term very losely. Bo would serve himself well by replacing Cotton and Els and even if they are medioicre positoin coaches, get great recruiters and a QB coach since make Ganz our QB coach makes no sense what so ever. I believe that will give Bo what he needs to be succesful here at the level we all want. But right now he is getting absoulty nothing from those to "coaching" positons and it is hurting us badley.

I'm still trying to see how MSU "packed it in" or "let off the gas" when they were still running their normal offense with Cook throwing instead of continually running the ball eating the clock and Narduzzi dialing up blitzes like he would in a one score game.

Not buying this theory.

They stopped the motion on offense that gives a Pelini coached defense fits. They just ran a very vanilla run game with some short passes. They didn't try anything with motion again until it was 27-22. I give our defense a ton of credit last night as they played their hearts out but were let down by a bad OL, and bad QB play.

But there was some luck involved there too.

Michigan State had some luck as well. The forward pass ruling they changed to a fumble was a big blow to the Huskers. In many games that ruling will not be overturned and I'm still shocked they overturned that call.

That is a good point as the refs weren't very good either. I thought it was an incomplete pass too. But they only got a FG off that drive thanks to the defense,which if they would have got the call right and we would have punted is what they would have likely gotten with the great field position anyway.

This morale victory crap is makin me sick guys. Quit letting the Last 10 minutes cloud your judgements on one of the most abismal pffensive performances ever.

Look we lost to a better team. My biggest complaint is with the Oline. Talk about smoke a mirrors. Does MSU have a great D? Absolutely. If I was our oline coaches, Id start making some changes. That was atrocious.

The question is, do we have the personnel to MAKE changes? Sadly, those may be the best linemen we have.

So we are now starting to celebrate moral victories? We lost again and our streak from 1997 continues.

This team fought back but also have to realize MSU packed it in early

I was surprised when they showed the stat that Nebraska hasn't been 6-0 since 2001. That is pretty damning for the three coaches that have followed Tom as 2001 senior class was made up of kids from Tom's last recruiting class. And we have had plenty of easy schedules since then too.

I'm still trying to see how MSU "packed it in" or "let off the gas" when they were still running their normal offense with Cook throwing instead of continually running the ball eating the clock and Narduzzi dialing up blitzes like he would in a one score game.

Not buying this theory.

I don't really buy it either. The thing they did that gave us a chance was the runningback going out of bounds. Which was a pretty big blunder. Kind of the opposite if packing it in since he was trying to do too much.

MSU knew what they had to do to beat the Huskers. Rush the DE hard to the QB, gang tackle Ameer and good coverage on our WR. They pretty well knew they could get to Tommy before our WR could get separation. The way most teams beat that is short passes over the middle to the TE or to a back flaring. Those passes are Tommy's achilles heel. I didn't realize till halftime that our starting TE was on the sideline in a boot. To me this game was lost at the tackle position. Neither Lewis or Sterup could contain the edge. As far as running the ball up the middle, it is hard for 5 OL to block 8 defenders in the box. We rarely ran power with a double TE and usually not even one TE. Our 2nd string WR had to grow up last night too. Of the 3 starters who began fall camp, only Westy was healthy by the end of the 1st Qtr.

Defensively I thought we did some good things for a unit that is at some positions playing third string guys. The front 4 pretty well stopped the rush and while the DB's stumbled a few times they played well enough to keep us in the game had the offense had more success.

While this loss was disheartening, I'm not throwing this team on the scrap heap. They have two choices. Give up or get better and I think we do the latter.

I'll also add that Armstrong was definitely rattled by the 2nd quarter. He overthrew some easy passes in the flats that he normally would hit. Had he kept his composure and hit a few of those I have no doubt the game would have been much different.

I'm not laying all the blame on him as I found that Beck left him out to dry with some of the playcalling in the first half.

This team showed that they are definitely fighters and have heart which leads me to believe that they will definitely improve the rest of the way.

This is a good team with heart. That does not change the fact that the O Line is not up Top 10 to 20 standards. Tim Beck has improved but he still continues to make bad calls- followed a losing game plan far too long into the game. Bo should be criticized for not intervening in the play calling. The defense played much better than I expected but still had some coverage mistakes. They have given up too many passing yards in many games this year. The recruiting is better but will it stay better with national game coverage like last night? We don't get high in the polls because we have a weak reputation with the coaches and writers. I think that is a reflection on yearly results since Solich, Callahan and now Pelini. I think Bo is getting better and has the standards that I like. I think he should look seriously at improving some of his assistants. Our offensive line play has been slipping since the late 90's.

Some peoe will always be negative with Bo and the team. It used to be that the team was good for 4 blowout losses or losses to teams we had no business losing to. This year, whil the team has shown plenty of weaknesses, they are improving. They took a game that hey were absolutely manhandled on the oline and found a way to make it work for a near comeback. The D is solid. Forced 3 TOs, played a short field several times and got NO support from the O. Still only gave up 27.

The O has work but mainly 1 place. We had like 6 of our top WRs out and Tommy had no time whatsoever. Ameer had no holes due to the lack of passing. A stronger oline and we are right there. I would actually say give us better weather and we gimmick our way to overcoming the oline.

Best part is, few teams have the Dline MSU has. Oh and our special teams appear to be special. This may be the best loss a Bo Pelini team has suffered since joining the B1G. Let's save the "Bo sucks" tiraid for a real blowout.

• Fire 1

Yeah this is just sad.

Your sad. It's a step in the right direction with a young team that's only going to get better. You didn't think we were going to go from a decent team to NC contenders overnight did you? Most people can see what's going on. The best part is our oline recruiting has been top notch the last few classes and it's going to get better sooner than later, and that is our biggest issue holding this team back from being VERY good. That's also the best dline were going to see all year.

Our defense played great and we return practically everybody. Wake up man. Do you remember how bad the dline was beginning of last year? Look at how good it's getting. You need to stop whining and look at what's going on. We're closer than ever.

Thats exactly what I have been telling everybody, all the preseason injurys, returning alot on defense next year. Just hopeing on offense Armstrong makes a jump, as far as reading the defenses.

Yeah this is just sad.

Your sad. It's a step in the right direction with a young team that's only going to get better. You didn't think we were going to go from a decent team to NC contenders overnight did you? Most people can see what's going on. The best part is our oline recruiting has been top notch the last few classes and it's going to get better sooner than later, and that is our biggest issue holding this team back from being VERY good. That's also the best dline were going to see all year.

Our defense played great and we return practically everybody. Wake up man. Do you remember how bad the dline was beginning of last year? Look at how good it's getting. You need to stop whining and look at what's going on. We're closer than ever.

nebraska-lineman-falls-over.gif?w=500

That OL play tho