Seeing the play of Sparty and watching our play I feel we have a legitamte shot at the playoffs.

Yes, the talent is there to make a run and go undefeated the rest of the season. However, until I see this team buck recent history and get to 11-1, I'll bridle my optimism.

As for the playoffs, I'm afraid our only shot is to go undefeated and beat Sparty in Indy when we play them again. That means we'll need to root for Sparty when they play tOSU, 'cause I don't see tOSU making the Top 10, even if they beat Sparty, before the CCG.

tOSU will easily be in the Top 10 if they beat MSU - and I think that's more and more likely all the time. Just beating MSU would almost be enough but there will be several teams that lose ahead of them. KState plays TCU and Baylor so there'll be two losses from the three teams right ahead of them now. Georgia plays Auburn. And MSU is right ahead of that.

I get the feeling that whoever wins the B1G will at least make the #4 seed in the playoffs. I can see both Ole Miss and Mississippi State losing a game apiece. FSU will probably win out (though I'd absolutely LOVE to see them lose to Miami), and hopefully the playoff selection committee isn't just going to throw FSU and three SEC teams in.

Seems like some of you have forgotten about Oregon. If they run the table, they're in. I can see MSU or tOSU getting in if they win out, but not Nebraska. Heck, I'm not even sure about tOSU. Way too many other teams, especially those highly-ranked SEC teams, would have to lose two games in order for Nebraska to jump them. MS State, Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, and Georgia all look strong. And don't forget the Irish and the pull they have.

See it killed me early on when so many sites and people were laughing off the big 10 and how an undefeated Nebraska couldn't make the playoff and all that nonsense. It's hard to run the table. Damn hard. You do, you deserve to be there. You watch. All the conferences will beat themselves up. FSU has the best shot to go undefeated due to the weak ACC they play in but we weren't hearing about that because of what they did last year.

A one loss Big 10 champ has a great chance to get in. Bill Snyder may work his mystic voodoo this season but otherwise the Big 12 champ will probably have 2 losses. Pac 12 will probably have 2. SEC could have an undefeated champ but Miss St. and Ole Miss still have to play and win the title game and there is still plenty of strange football left to play.

I think when it is said and done, the 4-team playoff will be more disliked than the previous BCS. Under the previous BCS, the unwritten rules were pretty straight forward to make the MNC game. You had basically had to go undefeated and be from a power conference, and normally you were in. I know there was a year or two where we had 3 undefeated teams, but otherwise it was be an undefeated team, and if there were not two undefeated teams then the 1-loss team from the SEC went. Right or wrong, unwritten or not, those were the rules and they were mostly straight forward.

With 4 teams, I think politics will be taken to a much higher level. Sure, there will be an undefeated team or two that are locks, and right or wrong the SEC champ is probably a lock. This leaves 1 to 2 spots left for several 1 loss teams, and likely no easy way to pick one over the other, which will lead to a lot more controversy.

The east division winner will more than likely be a 1-loss MSU or OSU team. The west division champ could be a 1-loss Nebraska team. There is a decent chance the winner of the B1G CCG will only have one loss, and regardless if it is MSU, OSU, or NEB, I still don't think they make the playoff. Here is why: 1) the SEC champ is a lock. 2) Given the ACC is weaker than the B1G, and given FSU's schedule, they are probably a lock. 3) Unless the PAC implodes, a 1-loss PAC champ would likely get selected over a 1-loss B1G given the OOC games. 4) This leaves 1 spot left for: Notre Dame, who has a fairly easy schedule, the SEC #2 team who will be sensationalized by SECSPN, a potential 1-loss B1G champ, and potential 1-loss BigXII champ. (Not saying I agree with it, but I put those last four in order of how I think they would be selected).

Be it Nebraska, MSU, or OSU, I don't think winning out will be enough for a playoff berth.... and the 4-team playoff hatred begins.

Seems like some of you have forgotten about Oregon. If they run the table, they're in. I can see MSU or tOSU getting in if they win out, but not Nebraska. Heck, I'm not even sure about tOSU. Way too many other teams, especially those highly-ranked SEC teams, would have to lose two games in order for Nebraska to jump them. MS State, Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, and Georgia all look strong. And don't forget the Irish and the pull they have.

Also, Notre Dame. If they win out, they're in also