Does anyone seen what I see?

I saw that we beat a weaker team. Ameer had a great day. Tommy dropped the snap too many times. He continues to clap to start the play- coaches need to break him of that tell.

lol. you talk as if it's just some quirk of his. like he just can't help clapping.

they've been doing it that way since Beck got here.

We have played well, better than expected in most situations. We're 7-1 and have taken care of business behind a solid d and ameer. Our team can play with a lot of teams and any team when we're clicking. A lot of frustrating things happened today but we won by 3 or 4 scores if you count the garbage time. Relax those of you who are whining about everything. This team is better than the last few years, accept it and be excited we have a.chance to be a special team. Win and move along. Go big red baby woooooooo

Right on. When we are on, we are ON. We have a few hiccups here and there but if we keep improving week to week, or even half to half, we're gonna battle everyone we play.

I understand some concerns and complaints, we aren't perfect, but people seem really hard to please anymore. A lot of bitching going on. Getting ridiculous. Great start to a thread for a change.

GO BIG RED!

Da clappin racket, yeah , big yards beck stole dat from the ohio state, dem spartan from couple weeks back showed how to get the jump on dat count, ain't hard.

She didnt say! Bwahhaaa, anyway..

Here da thing why most fan don't take 7-1 or today win an Be happy,

Dey see da good plays, but see da other things that make you pinfer , dam when dey play a faster defense, some dis miggy mouse shiggidy Ain't gon work

Things are never ever as bad as they seem at times, nor are they ever as good as they seem at times. This applies to every team in every conference at every level of football. The fans get caught up in the emotion and vastly overestimate how good or bad their team is doing. The media's job is to make things more exciting, so they intentionally play up how good or bad a team is doing at any given time. Yes, even to the teams in the SEC get this treatment (though usually more up than down...). Hell, after Georgia lost their one game this year, ESPN made it seems as if Georgia would be lucky to even get bowl eligible. Then they bounced back and still only have one loss, so now ESPN is saying they're the best team in SEC east.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. No team is perfect, and no team is as terrible as they seem at times. Even Purdue last year with a 1-11 season showed flashes of excellence and competitiveness.

The Huskers aren't quite as good as some fans have made us seem at times this year, but even though we made some mistakes today against Rutgers, we are not as terrible of a team as some posts in the game discussion thread indicate.

Don't you get tired of that SEC hype all of the time. Mizzou and Texas A&M were middling teams in the Big 12 as far back as I can remember. Then they go to the SEC where Mizzou played in the title game last year (did they EVER play for a title in the Big 12?) and A&M handled Bama down there when Bama was all that. Oh, and I think the Huskers took care of Georgia last year. Spare me on the SEC kudos.

• Fire 1

Da clappin racket, yeah , big yards beck stole dat from the ohio state, dem spartan from couple weeks back showed how to get the jump on dat count, ain't hard.

She didnt say! Bwahhaaa, anyway..

Here da thing why most fan don't take 7-1 or today win an Be happy,

Dey see da good plays, but see da other things that make you pinfer , dam when dey play a faster defense, some dis miggy mouse shiggidy Ain't gon work

Sweet TuffTiger reincarnet

• Fire 2

Yes. Well put, OP.

This is an exciting time and our wins are, almost exclusively, drama free. November will be a huge month for this program. A resurgent Wisconsin now looks to be, once again, our chief worry.

If you're still wringing your hands about McNeese State and wondering why we aren't beating everyone 48-0, then all college football will ever offer you is pain. Why bother?

I saw that we beat a weaker team. Ameer had a great day. Tommy dropped the snap too many times. He continues to clap to start the play- coaches need to break him of that tell. The coaches seemed to do well. The most troublesome thing was the defense seemed to be soft at times and usually with a QB play action pass. I would still like to see some offensive plays with Ameer and Imani in the backfield at the same time doing some power running and option football.

Tommy dropped one snap that may have been his fault. The others were bad snaps by the center.

Do you actually think Tommy chooses to go by the "clap" count? I don't know if you know this, but Taylor utilized the clap snap also. The first time I saw it was when Braxton Miller used it when Urban Meyer became the coach. It seems to be trend in multiple shotgun spread offenses. It is a way for the QB to let the center know that he is ready for the snap. If you watch other teams that don't use the "clap", they'll have their QB lift their leg. It's the same concept. I assume the "clap" is used as opposed to the leg lift to allow the center to read what's in front of him, as opposed to looking back to see the leg lift, then have only a second or two to see what's in front of him before the snap.

I'd also like to see more Diamond formation. I jokingly tweeted "Diamond formation = Touchdown formation" after Abdullah's TD. We can do some great things out of the Diamond formation. Beck has some of the most creative plays I have ever seen out of the diamond formation. I truly don't know why we don't utilize it more often. A part of me thinks "Why use it often against teams like Rutgers?" But another part of me really wants to see it. Especially the way Newby and Cross blocked for Ameer on that play.

I remember more than one snap. He is standing 3-4 yards back and staring at Pelini's butt. Its his job to handle the snap and he should unless its more than an arm's reach.

I had not thought about the clap being solely on Beck. I think its poor technique not matter how many coaches push it. What's the difference between the clap and just going to the line of scrimmage and telling the offense and defense that we will snap the ball on "Two"? You need to get the line charge going before the defense moves. The snap count should be something like "hut-one" where the line charges out on hut and the center snaps on one. I think its an advantage that you should not surrender unless you so outclass your opponent that it does not matter.

I think Cross is too good of an asset to waste on the bench so much.

I saw that we beat a weaker team. Ameer had a great day. Tommy dropped the snap too many times. He continues to clap to start the play- coaches need to break him of that tell.

lol. you talk as if it's just some quirk of his. like he just can't help clapping.

they've been doing it that way since Beck got here.

So its right because Beck does it that way?

Things are never ever as bad as they seem at times, nor are they ever as good as they seem at times. This applies to every team in every conference at every level of football. The fans get caught up in the emotion and vastly overestimate how good or bad their team is doing. The media's job is to make things more exciting, so they intentionally play up how good or bad a team is doing at any given time. Yes, even to the teams in the SEC get this treatment (though usually more up than down...). Hell, after Georgia lost their one game this year, ESPN made it seems as if Georgia would be lucky to even get bowl eligible. Then they bounced back and still only have one loss, so now ESPN is saying they're the best team in SEC east.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. No team is perfect, and no team is as terrible as they seem at times. Even Purdue last year with a 1-11 season showed flashes of excellence and competitiveness.

The Huskers aren't quite as good as some fans have made us seem at times this year, but even though we made some mistakes today against Rutgers, we are not as terrible of a team as some posts in the game discussion thread indicate.

Don't you get tired of that SEC hype all of the time. Mizzou and Texas A&M were middling teams in the Big 12 as far back as I can remember. Then they go to the SEC where Mizzou played in the title game last year (did they EVER play for a title in the Big 12?) and A&M handled Bama down there when Bama was all that. Oh, and I think the Huskers took care of Georgia last year. Spare me on the SEC kudos.

It seems to me the younger fans have a problem with the sec bias, like it just started... after the 70 season, the Huskers ranked #1 and facing Alabama in the orange bowl, the pregame and game announcers harped on how the Huskers hadn't faced a strong sec defense like Alabama had.. (the previous season in which the Huskers ended up #1, they beat LSU in the Sugar bowl, another sec power defense) the bias has been there as long as I've been a CFB fan, 1958. Pregame 1996 national championship game against Florida, the pregame and in game commentators all praised the Sec supremacy on both sides of the ball.. As History shows, 71 team embarrassed Alabama 38-6, and you younger fans should remember the 96 game 62-?? (so out of hand, I don't recall Florida's final tally, 19 I think). So you see, the bias has always been there. The sec's run during the BCS era has fueled the bias to a degree that's laughable.. If you look at the bowl games during the BCS era, you'll find the sec played lower ranked teams within their conference .. example,,, sec #3 plays big 12 #5 or sec #6 plays acc #7.. it's no wonder the stats shows dominance during that era... They are no better than any other conference.. take the best of the sec and place them in another conference and you'd find they would have a difficult time navigating the season with less than 3 losses.. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Like it or not (sec fans). The truth is what it is. GBR

It annoys me that AA had a career day, and instead of stating that he deserves to be in the Heisman race, the announcers are lobbying for two SEC teams in the playoffs.

Wasn't Abdullah supposed to be a defensive back in the SEC???...and here we waste his talents!... :sarcasm

This next is a serious question, by the way: How does Abdullah's jump cut actually work? I mean, I know it works, and works fantastic, but what is the mechanics of it that he freezes the defensive back or linebacker and then is on his merry way? I have watched replays, but I guess I don't see from where the magic comes, I just see the rabbit jumping out of the hat.

It seems to me the younger fans have a problem with the sec bias, like it just started...

I say it goes back to the Civil War, Reconstruction, and the "Solid South" voting for Democrats type thing. The SEC can't ever get over the fact that they went 0-1 in a shooting war against the Big 10. :laughpound

It annoys me that AA had a career day, and instead of stating that he deserves to be in the Heisman race, the announcers are lobbying for two SEC teams in the playoffs.

Wasn't Abdullah supposed to be a defensive back in the SEC???...and here we waste his talents!... :sarcasm

This next is a serious question, by the way: How does Abdullah's jump cut actually work? I mean, I know it works, and works fantastic, but what is the mechanics of it that he freezes the defensive back or linebacker and then is on his merry way? I have watched replays, but I guess I don't see from where the magic comes, I just see the rabbit jumping out of the hat.

All I know is you can't teach that.