Does anyone seen what I see?

Things are never ever as bad as they seem at times, nor are they ever as good as they seem at times. This applies to every team in every conference at every level of football. The fans get caught up in the emotion and vastly overestimate how good or bad their team is doing. The media's job is to make things more exciting, so they intentionally play up how good or bad a team is doing at any given time. Yes, even to the teams in the SEC get this treatment (though usually more up than down...). Hell, after Georgia lost their one game this year, ESPN made it seems as if Georgia would be lucky to even get bowl eligible. Then they bounced back and still only have one loss, so now ESPN is saying they're the best team in SEC east.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. No team is perfect, and no team is as terrible as they seem at times. Even Purdue last year with a 1-11 season showed flashes of excellence and competitiveness.

The Huskers aren't quite as good as some fans have made us seem at times this year, but even though we made some mistakes today against Rutgers, we are not as terrible of a team as some posts in the game discussion thread indicate.

Don't you get tired of that SEC hype all of the time. Mizzou and Texas A&M were middling teams in the Big 12 as far back as I can remember. Then they go to the SEC where Mizzou played in the title game last year (did they EVER play for a title in the Big 12?) and A&M handled Bama down there when Bama was all that. Oh, and I think the Huskers took care of Georgia last year. Spare me on the SEC kudos.

It seems to me the younger fans have a problem with the sec bias, like it just started... after the 70 season, the Huskers ranked #1 and facing Alabama in the orange bowl, the pregame and game announcers harped on how the Huskers hadn't faced a strong sec defense like Alabama had.. (the previous season in which the Huskers ended up #1, they beat LSU in the Sugar bowl, another sec power defense) the bias has been there as long as I've been a CFB fan, 1958. Pregame 1996 national championship game against Florida, the pregame and in game commentators all praised the Sec supremacy on both sides of the ball.. As History shows, 71 team embarrassed Alabama 38-6, and you younger fans should remember the 96 game 62-?? (so out of hand, I don't recall Florida's final tally, 19 I think). So you see, the bias has always been there. The sec's run during the BCS era has fueled the bias to a degree that's laughable.. If you look at the bowl games during the BCS era, you'll find the sec played lower ranked teams within their conference .. example,,, sec #3 plays big 12 #5 or sec #6 plays acc #7.. it's no wonder the stats shows dominance during that era... They are no better than any other conference.. take the best of the sec and place them in another conference and you'd find they would have a difficult time navigating the season with less than 3 losses.. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Like it or not (sec fans). The truth is what it is. GBR

While I don't go back quite as far as you I do remember that 1996 N/ Florida game as I was vacationing with a Gator grad down in the Ozarks. He wore this ugly orange Gator sweatshirt the whole week. Final was 62-24 and, quite frankly, the score wasn't indicative of the actual whooping we put on them;) Oh, and in 1971 the Big 8 finished 1,2,3 in the AP (Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado). Now that's conference dominance. Go Huskers!

Smh you guys are brutal

Just remember. The higher the eagle flies........it's all downhill from there.

Ah yes thank you sir.

Fear is just Hero spelled backwards

Or "Raef." :):);) Careful now or someone's going to pop off about how the "N" stands for knowledge.

It annoys me that AA had a career day, and instead of stating that he deserves to be in the Heisman race, the announcers are lobbying for two SEC teams in the playoffs.

Honestly, this kind of comment baffles me.

I watched the whole game. Ameer Abdullah was being pumped up big by the ESPN announcers the entire time. They raved about him as a player. They raved about him as a person. They analyzed and fawned over his cutbacks and breakaway speed in slow motion. Viewers were constantly reminded of the records he was breaking. They had loads of AA graphics already prepared. They talked about the only two Big 10 players left for Ameer to surpass: Archie Griffin and Ron Dayne (and noted when AA surpassed Griffin mid-game) and that both of them had Heisman Awards. Joey Galloway could not have been more clear: Ameer Abdullah deserves one, too. The camera was all over Ameer, even when he was out of the game with his helmet off, so you could register his face. Nebraska fans could not have scripted better publicity for putting Abdullah's Heisman campaign back in high gear.

Fortunately, the rest of the country heard this, even if some Nebraska fans chose not to.

I'm just sorry that a reference to the SEC made you want to throw all this good stuff out the window.

• Fire 1

Things are never ever as bad as they seem at times, nor are they ever as good as they seem at times. This applies to every team in every conference at every level of football. The fans get caught up in the emotion and vastly overestimate how good or bad their team is doing. The media's job is to make things more exciting, so they intentionally play up how good or bad a team is doing at any given time. Yes, even to the teams in the SEC get this treatment (though usually more up than down...). Hell, after Georgia lost their one game this year, ESPN made it seems as if Georgia would be lucky to even get bowl eligible. Then they bounced back and still only have one loss, so now ESPN is saying they're the best team in SEC east.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. No team is perfect, and no team is as terrible as they seem at times. Even Purdue last year with a 1-11 season showed flashes of excellence and competitiveness.

The Huskers aren't quite as good as some fans have made us seem at times this year, but even though we made some mistakes today against Rutgers, we are not as terrible of a team as some posts in the game discussion thread indicate.

Don't you get tired of that SEC hype all of the time. Mizzou and Texas A&M were middling teams in the Big 12 as far back as I can remember. Then they go to the SEC where Mizzou played in the title game last year (did they EVER play for a title in the Big 12?) and A&M handled Bama down there when Bama was all that. Oh, and I think the Huskers took care of Georgia last year. Spare me on the SEC kudos.

It seems to me the younger fans have a problem with the sec bias, like it just started... after the 70 season, the Huskers ranked #1 and facing Alabama in the orange bowl, the pregame and game announcers harped on how the Huskers hadn't faced a strong sec defense like Alabama had.. (the previous season in which the Huskers ended up #1, they beat LSU in the Sugar bowl, another sec power defense) the bias has been there as long as I've been a CFB fan, 1958. Pregame 1996 national championship game against Florida, the pregame and in game commentators all praised the Sec supremacy on both sides of the ball.. As History shows, 71 team embarrassed Alabama 38-6, and you younger fans should remember the 96 game 62-?? (so out of hand, I don't recall Florida's final tally, 19 I think). So you see, the bias has always been there. The sec's run during the BCS era has fueled the bias to a degree that's laughable.. If you look at the bowl games during the BCS era, you'll find the sec played lower ranked teams within their conference .. example,,, sec #3 plays big 12 #5 or sec #6 plays acc #7.. it's no wonder the stats shows dominance during that era... They are no better than any other conference.. take the best of the sec and place them in another conference and you'd find they would have a difficult time navigating the season with less than 3 losses.. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Like it or not (sec fans). The truth is what it is. GBR

While I don't go back quite as far as you I do remember that 1996 N/ Florida game as I was vacationing with a Gator grad down in the Ozarks. He wore this ugly orange Gator sweatshirt the whole week. Final was 62-24 and, quite frankly, the score wasn't indicative of the actual whooping we put on them;) Oh, and in 1971 the Big 8 finished 1,2,3 in the AP (Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado). Now that's conference dominance. Go Huskers!

Every sportcaster paid to promote a college football game is going to say positive things about each team, trying to make each game sound as competitive as possible. That's their job. When they tried to hype Nebraska's turnaround under Bill Callahan and the potential for an upset of vaunted USC, that wasn't pro Big-12 bias. That was just standard pre-game chatter. They always pimped Taylor Martinez as a threat defensive coordinators hate to face, probably more than Husker fans themselves were willing to do.

I remember the 1996 NC game against Florida, too, and in fact the pre-game chatter from the analysts who'd been watching practices was that Nebraska looked incredibly jacked, and the late money said the Huskers were going to roll.

I also remember the 1970 and 71 championships. LSU was the underdog and the SEC wasn't held in any greater esteem than the Big 10, Big 8 or Pac 8. Bear Bryant and Alabama the next year were another story. Legendary coach vs. Legendary coach. Nebraska was a slight favorite and the utter demolishing of Alabama that year was awesome, although I don't think many Nebraskans predicted that point spread. If there was any sentiment in the media and around the country, it leaned pro-Nebraska. People liked seeing Bear Bryant lose the way they do Nick Saban or Jerry Jones today.

Some people are reading way too much into SEC and ESPN bias.

Nebraska is a pretty good story right now. Keep winning and we'll get all the recognition we deserve.

• Fire 1

I remember more than one snap. He is standing 3-4 yards back and staring at Pelini's butt. Its his job to handle the snap and he should unless its more than an arm's reach.

I had not thought about the clap being solely on Beck. I think its poor technique not matter how many coaches push it. What's the difference between the clap and just going to the line of scrimmage and telling the offense and defense that we will snap the ball on "Two"? You need to get the line charge going before the defense moves. The snap count should be something like "hut-one" where the line charges out on hut and the center snaps on one. I think its an advantage that you should not surrender unless you so outclass your opponent that it does not matter.

I think Cross is too good of an asset to waste on the bench so much.

The "clap", as well as the "leg lift", concept is on a silent count. Which means, the play doesn't start when he claps. The play starts when the center snaps the ball. It is just a way for the QB to let the center he is ready for the snap. The center could wait a second longer than he usually does, or shorter than he usually does. The "snap count" is actually usually the time between the initial clap and the lineman counting in their heads to "2" or "3" after the initial clap.

Away games, it makes sense to have a silent count, because the opposing fans can be loud.

Why are we always in a silent count? Everyone pretty much is when in shotgun. I'd actually be curious to see a team that isn't in silent count when in any variation of shotgun. I know the NFL might still use a true cadence, but most likely only at home. However, we probably use it exclusively to just keep our timing right from game to game. It makes sense, why use a true cadence when you can use the "clap" count throughout the season so you don't have timing mistakes when on the road.

Da clappin racket, yeah , big yards beck stole dat from the ohio state, dem spartan from couple weeks back showed how to get the jump on dat count, ain't hard.

She didnt say! Bwahhaaa, anyway..

Here da thing why most fan don't take 7-1 or today win an Be happy,

Dey see da good plays, but see da other things that make you pinfer , dam when dey play a faster defense, some dis miggy mouse shiggidy Ain't gon work

WHAT?

T_O_B