Rutgers Highlights

Landlord

I purposefully try to use different kinds of music for every video because y'all simpletons will never always be happy but maybe you'll be happy at least once.

No need to be a negative nelly, I praised your editing skills...

Learn to take a compliment, geez...

It was more of a statement than a defense really. I know not everyone will like every song and the general taste on this board amongst 20-40 year old midwestern white dudes is radio rock/metal, which I couldn't find more boring.

Always trying to balance that line between pleasing the audience and wanting to make good work.

I purposefully try to use different kinds of music for every video because y'all simpletons will never always be happy but maybe you'll be happy at least once.

It was more of a statement than a defense really. I know not everyone will like every song and the general taste on this board amongst 20-40 year old midwestern white dudes is radio rock/metal, which I couldn't find more boring.

Always trying to balance that line between pleasing the audience and wanting to make good work.

As a 40+ non white dude, I do appreciate good hippity hoppity, as the kids like to call it, but that stopped in the mid to late 90's....

Now it mainly sounds like some idiot using a speak and say over the sounds of an Atari 2600 throwing up...

• Fire 7

Well to appease grumpy old walks and I, I guess it should be nothing but hatebreed's Destroy Everything or Slayer's Season in the Abyss from here on out landlord

Looks like you wont' enjoy the rest of my videos :)

Is it Trip Lee? Could never really get into his music. And what's with his fascination with turnips?

Yep. I've never been a humongous fan of his stuff but I recently filmed his album listening party and got to talk to him a bit, and thought this song was a good track to use.

Well to appease grumpy old walks and I, I guess it should be nothing but hatebreed's Destroy Everything or Slayer's Season in the Abyss from here on out landlord

Looks like you wont' enjoy the rest of my videos :)

Is it Trip Lee? Could never really get into his music. And what's with his fascination with turnips?

Yep. I've never been a humongous fan of his stuff but I recently filmed his album listening party and got to talk to him a bit, and thought this song was a good track to use.

I always enjoy your vids no matter if the music hurts my ears for short amount of time buddy. Just saying something epic could come together with some August Burns Red in the background

I always enjoy your vids no matter if the music hurts my ears for short amount of time buddy. Just saying something epic could come together with some August Burns Red in the background

I love those guys and if all goes according to plan they're gonna let me film a show in a couple months, but I'm not sure the music would translate well to a highlight video. I'll play around with it at some point but I feel like it doesn't have the momentum to carry through the video.

I don't say this to be self-serving but I think the best use of metal in a football video that I've seen was the Project 86 song I used in the Miami vid. Or the bit in Friday Night Lights where they use New Noise by Refused, but both of those songs are still only quasi-hardcore.

As a 40+ non white dude, I do appreciate good hippity hoppity, as the kids like to call it, but that stopped in the mid to late 90's....

Now it mainly sounds like some idiot using a speak and say over the sounds of an Atari 2600 throwing up...

Agree with that stopping in the mid to late 90s. I've still got all my old stuff and listen to it in private in my vehicle when others are not around.

This definitely made me spit up laughing.

Great vid once again Landlord.

• 2 weeks later...