*** The Official Purdue Boilermakers Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

I want to see film of TA's picks. I want to know if there was a WR open anywhere. If so it speaks even more to the need for a QB coach and alleviates some of the blame from Beck.

For example, the KB pick was 100% on TA last week. You can't blame that on TB. KB was wayyyyy out of bounds on that throw.

Honestly, I'm not trying to argue with you and agree with most of your analysis. But, if you think we need a QB coach, where do you think we should get the money to pay for that full-time QB coach? I would think paying for a QB coach would come from the offensive coordinator's salary if he can't get the job done....Unless you think TA isn't the quarterback of the future which is a whole new argument to discuss

I want to see film of TA's picks. I want to know if there was a WR open anywhere. If so it speaks even more to the need for a QB coach and alleviates some of the blame from Beck.

For example, the KB pick was 100% on TA last week. You can't blame that on TB. KB was wayyyyy out of bounds on that throw.

Honestly, I'm not trying to argue with you and agree with most of your analysis. But, if you think we need a QB coach, where do you think we should get the money to pay for that full-time QB coach? I would think paying for a QB coach would come from the offensive coordinator's salary if he can't get the job done....Unless you think TA isn't the quarterback of the future which is a whole new argument to discuss

No, i think that this team is in the most capable QBs hands at this point with TA. He's a brilliant runner when he's on (and he needs to stay on) and a good leader, although he tends to get a bit more blame-y after turnovers which I don't care for.

Nebraska is not a place where money is a problem. Especially for football. We just built a new basketball arena for crying out loud. Money is not the issue. I think the harder thing for this staff to do is going to be cutting one of the ol' boys loose to replace them on staff with a QB coach.

If they want to win and have a dominant offense under Beck, it has to be done. Absolutely has to. if not we have to hope he moves on and we hire an OC who knows how to coach QBs.

If Beck stays and no staff changes are made, we will continue to see inconsistent QB play game to game and have an inconsistent offense overall.

I just don't get the "send in Fyfe or Stanton" crowd. That's not going to fix anything. The issue is systemic.

No, i think that this team is in the most capable QBs hands at this point with TA. He's a brilliant runner when he's on (and he needs to stay on) and a good leader, although he tends to get a bit more blame-y after turnovers which I don't care for.

Nebraska is not a place where money is a problem. Especially for football. We just built a new basketball arena for crying out loud. Money is not the issue. I think the harder thing for this staff to do is going to be cutting one of the ol' boys loose to replace them on staff with a QB coach.

If they want to win and have a dominant offense under Beck, it has to be done. Absolutely has to. if not we have to hope he moves on and we hire an OC who knows how to coach QBs.

If Beck stays and no staff changes are made, we will continue to see inconsistent QB play game to game and have an inconsistent offense overall.

I just don't get the "send in Fyfe or Stanton" crowd. That's not going to fix anything. The issue is systemic.

Completely agree with everything you say here...sorry just trying to pick your brain because I thought we were thinking the same thing, just got confused when you offered the QB solution without cutting out Beck somehow...my bad

No worries man. Good on you for asking. I enjoy the discussion here as opposed to a lot of the knee-jerk whining and overreaction by some of the board members.

We're on the same page.

We're 8-1 and I'm happy. But I feel much less comfortable about the stretch run after this game than I did before it. Especially with AA getting dinged. I think you'd have to be insane not to.

I am definitely hoping that TA and the centers do atleast a 100 snaps each week to get things figured out. Having missed snaps and TA missing the ball each week is getting laughable just as our return guys were dropping the kicks a couple years ago.

Last thing I want to hear is the crowd clap/cheer when TA catches a ball after the snap.