Major Culbert

I truly feel that this has been blown slightly out of proportion. It has been said that before this, he had never had any problems with the law. Most that know him say he is a good kid that has never been a problem. Not giving him a second chance (and ONLY one more chance if he does come to Nebraska) would simply be wrong IMO. I think BC will lay down the law to him, give him a chance, and let Major decide what kind of future he wishes to have.

Callahan says Culbert can join Huskers, but with conditions

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Nebraska will allow a recruit accused of sexual abuse to join the football team, but coach Bill Callahan says a "zero tolerance" policy will be in effect for defensive back Major Culbert.

Major Culbert

Culbert was sentenced this month in Eugene, Ore., to five years of probation and 25 days in jail after he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of criminal trespassing and harassment in connection with an incident during his January recruiting visit to the University of Oregon.

Culbert, from Harbor City, Calif., and another player on the recruiting visit originally were charged with sexually abusing two women in a dormitory room.

Callahan met Wednesday with Culbert and his family, then announced that Culbert would be among the 105 players who would report for preseason practice next Wednesday.

"The charges against Major in Oregon have been reduced to a misdemeanor, but we take this situation very seriously," Callahan said.

For Culbert to have his scholarship reinstated, Callahan said, he had to agree to a series of requirements and restrictions. Those conditions weren't specified, other than that Culbert would have to perform community service in Lincoln.

"We have granted him a second chance to be a part of our program, and, accordingly, he will operate under a zero-tolerance policy from this point forward," Callahan said. "We believe his willingness to accept these terms reflects positively on his character and commitment to focus on academics and athletics while here at Nebraska."

:thumbs:thumbs

Just read this in the OWH. It is nice to see this kid get another chance in life. Good luck to him. We've all made mistakes and have had to deal with the aftermath. I'm just glad I wasn't in the lime light when I had my life learning experiences.

GBR

B)