Why Not Ryker Fife?

True, but he's not the one out there throwing rainbows down the field over and over like he's playing 500 during recess...

Agreed.

This is my take on Tommy, and WOW do I feel terrible saying this...but he doesn't have the pedigree to be the starting QB of a team that strives for top 10 football. He's just not good enough. He doesn't match the average level of talent of the rest of our skill position players (like Abdullah, Westerkamp, Bell, etc.).

He's in the same league as Cody Green and Martinez in my not-so-humble opinion. Someone will chime in and claim that completion percentage doesn't mean much in the college game...but seriously, he does not have the accuracy. He just doesn't.

Martinez is much better that TA
Thid time last year people stoned you for saying such blasphemy! Lol I agree but injuries and a horrible line (the line thing is still with Tommy I'll give him that) kept him from getting a championship. I honestly think a healthy Tmart for one full year could have gotten us there (OU comes to mind).

Seriously. Armstrong looks about as bad as any QB that we've ever had at NU. Fife has a much better arm. Bring the guy in. It couldn't get worse. Bo looks like Barney Fife sticking with Armstrong. Do you recall the MSU game? Armstrong was in the same funk. Fife comes in and - - presto - - TD. Give the guy a shot.

the number one reason why not Ryker Fyfe is: Bo does not want a second stringer to come in and make him look like a fool. If Ryker has a great game then he has a QB controversay on their hands, and it makes Bo who stands so strongly behind Armstrong look like an idiot

Seriously. Armstrong looks about as bad as any QB that we've ever had at NU. Fife has a much better arm. Bring the guy in. It couldn't get worse. Bo looks like Barney Fife sticking with Armstrong. Do you recall the MSU game? Armstrong was in the same funk. Fife comes in and - - presto - - TD. Give the guy a shot.

Armstrong really reminds me of Jamal Lord... am I off on that comparison?

Yes, you are way off. Lord was a far, far better runner. :)

strange thought here but, was DPE ever considered for QB. I know he played it in high school

That pass WAS a thing of beauty, wasn't it? I catch myself watching it on somebody's posts at least a couple times a week.

Pierson-El definitely seems unflappable, in contrast to Armstrong. Why not?

Lord fit the bill of Nebraska quarterbacks for two decades. But to Nebraska standards, he had to deal with the first bad oline, and the first bad defense. So I've always thought Jamal got a bad rap.

• Fire 2

Lord fit the bill of Nebraska quarterbacks for two decades. But to Nebraska standards, he had to deal with the first bad oline, and the first bad defense. So I've always thought Jamal got a bad rap.

Lord was one of the best running QB's we had, and the stats back it up.