Why Not Ryker Fife?

I wouldn't mind seeing the other guys get more than just handing the ball off at mop up time. We need to see if we have a QB that is more accurate than TA. TA occasionally throws a deep ball our WR can go get vs. weaker opponents but TA has shown no accuracy on the run or in the pocket under duress. And he is consistently not on the same page as his WR's.

All this thread does is hurt recruiting, and because of this thread no other coach will ever come here... EVER...

1381713207135672_animate.gif

Please...cause blowout losses on National TV over and over, a coach with a reputation for being a jerk, obvious poor coaching and it's Huskerboard banter that pushes the recruit away...

Please <insert recruit's name> don't leave! We're really the best fans in football deep down. We just sometimes get a little sad when we lose really bad....again...

• Fire 1

I really don't think Fyfe is very far along. I think he'd go through a lot of young QB growing pains.

I only saw the stats from this game though, and my god. That seemed like an epicly bad game from Tommy after a good start. I remember seeing a 17-3 score early on with 2 TA touchdowns and strong running. What happened?

All this thread does is hurt recruiting, and because of this thread no other coach will ever come here... EVER...

1381713207135672_animate.gif

Please...cause blowout losses on National TV over and over, a coach with a reputation for being a jerk, obvious poor coaching and it's Huskerboard banter that pushes the recruit away...

Please <insert recruit's name> don't leave! We're really the best fans in football deep down. We just sometimes get a little sad when we lose really bad....again...

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

I like Armstrong's attitude and leadership qualities. He says the right things and seems to have poise and the respect of his teammates. His biggest flaws are his inaccuracy and inability to work through his progressions.

That said, the pass protection does not make things very easy on him. Our O-line and Abdullah really struggled to give him time to throw.

• Fire 1

I really don't think Fyfe is very far along. I think he'd go through a lot of young QB growing pains.I only saw the stats from this game though, and my god. That seemed like an epicly bad game from Tommy after a good start. I remember seeing a 17-3 score early on with 2 TA touchdowns and strong running. What happened?

They realized Beck was going to run on most every first down and that they didn't have to worry about Tommy making any progressions.

Another interesting bit I noticed was that Wisconsin sent a lot of blitzes from TA's blindside. IIRC, he locked on to a WR from the strong side if the formation a lot, and they usually sent blitzes from the weak side because they seemed to know his eyes wouldn't be there. I could be imagining it though.

And it snowed, didn't help him a bit.

Hujan is right. AA couldn't pass pro today and TA held the ball much too long on many occasions. He certainly needs work developing that internal clock great QBs have.

But not gonna be excuses guy. He looked out of sync all game after those first two drives. Everyone did.

Beck "developed" Reesing at Ku. Brought that system to town with him. From what I read is that Stanton resembles that exact style QB. Hope Beck is gone, but try Stanton in this system and see what he can do. I wouldn't pick Turnover Tommy for my backyard neighborhood football game.

Beck was a WR coach at Kansas, and was the passing game coordinator for a year. Mangino and Warinner did the work with the QBs.

The systems are not similar either. Mangino had Reesing working that short-intermediate game with precision. Reesing's accuracy was outstanding in his time at KU.

OTOH, Armstrong cannot even throw a simple screen pass with any accuracy. It has gotten to the point we only rely on the deep ball, because I guess it's as good as a punt if it gets picked.

I really don't think Fyfe is very far along. I think he'd go through a lot of young QB growing pains.

I only saw the stats from this game though, and my god. That seemed like an epicly bad game from Tommy after a good start. I remember seeing a 17-3 score early on with 2 TA touchdowns and strong running. What happened?

Wisky had no other option than to run the ball. Gordon ran it for 40+ yards before being hit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Right after the second "over" they had sealed momentum and we panicked offensively in the worse way. Overthrown passes, Ameer fumbles, Newby fumble, 4 man rushes that sacked Armstrong several times. Then 2 minutes into the third quarter and it was The end.