Pulse of the Fanbase Poll

Husker_x

Coaching Change?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Still in awe that there is a set of people who think 'staff changes' beneath Pelini could be the answer. Anyhow I respect their opinion all the same but it's mind boggling to me.

I voted that way, but I believe if it is going to be staff changes, it will have to be with reputable Coaches and not someone who he brings up from within again. I know it would be hard for him to do so because he likes his thumb on everything, but he has to get someone that will challenge him when they think he is wrong. His "buddies" right now won't do it.

I can't vote in this poll with those options, I still think we need to wait and see for abit. I was fine with getting rid of him after the Iowa debacle combined with everything else that happened last year. The problem I have with firing him, is we are still likely to be a 9 win team with the perception being that we are better than last year (whether true or not, I'm unsure). You have to have a good guy to come in here if you are going to get rid of the staff. The problem I have with forcing him to get rid of Papuchis and/or Beck, a new OC/DC needs to bring in his own people, and then you would have practically an entire staff not picked by Pelini, what was the point then of having Pelini? I do think we have a lot of good Position coaches here. I think the forcing Beck to run Oregon's offense has been a failure, I don't think it is natural for him, and I also am unsure that offense is a good fit for Nebraska. Our offense should be more like Minnesota or OSU than Oregon (more physical, traditional style). I think beck would be more comfortable in a more pass heavy, zone read to keep them honest offense. Defensively, Things were good for Pelini's first three years. However, starting with Texas in 2010 and Washington part deux 2010, I saw teams taking a certain approach that seemed to expose some schematic flaws. Those things have seemingly only been getting worse since then, and it seems we have been making all sorts of changes to try to keep this from happening but after this many years with this many different players, I really think the scheme has seen its days and there is something fundamentally wrong and exploitable and it comes down to gap responsibilities and position reads. I'm not smart enough to really know exactly what it is, but something about the combination of things that are crucial to the system and unable to be changed.

Instead of trying to bring in coordinators that can manage to win big in spite of him, try to bring in a HC that wouldn't be such a hindrance in the first place. One with a clear vision from day one, one that will put full effort into recruiting, one who hires only the most qualified assistants, and one who won't regularly be an embarrassment to the program by behaving like a child.

He's had two chances already to hire coordinators, and here we are. "Maybe this time will be different", said the domestic abuse victim.

• Fire 3

Had to go with the straight "No".

I used to be in the camp of "Bo's ok but these coordinators gotta go". But then I discovered that they are only here because of Bo. He has the ability and duty to change them but he hasn't. The buck stops with Bo and it is obvious now, HE is the problem with this team. We've all witnessed how stubborn and resistant to change or adjustment he is. The only solution is to get rid of Bo.

I voted no, after deleting my "Yes with changes to assistants" original vote. I am fearful of the backlash of firing a 9 - 4, 10 - 3 coach....we know why he should be gone, but folks not associated with the program will likely go "huh???'. I posted in another thread that he should be retained, but SE should mandate, with no wiggle room, that we hire top notch coordinators on both sides of the ball...to the point of researching, interviewing and presenting Bo with a short list. That way, Bo can say F-U and resign. He leaves, we don't fire him and everyone can move on.

It is clear after Saturday night that no one on the Husker staff has the ability to make adjustments, coach up talent or game plan worth a damn. I think it is safe to say that in every game this year we've had the most talented, if not equally talented team on the field. The results don't show that.

Man I hate this, because I'm a koolaid guzzling, Bo-Loving fan of the Huskers since I remember listening to them on the radio while hunting with my grandpa in the early to mid 60s...

• Fire 1