Unacceptable

"On Sept. 29, 2012, Nebraska rallied from 17 points down and edged Wisconsin 30-27. Afterward, Pelini, who’d been criticized after UCLA produced 653 total yards earlier that month, said this: “Contrary to what you guys think, I haven’t forgotten how to coach defense and how to stop the run.”

Since then, Pelini’s defense has faced Wisconsin twice. And the Badgers have rushed for 1,120 yards, a preposterous 10.9 yards per carry. Their 539 in the 2012 Big Ten title game shattered a record for a Nebraska opponent. The Badgers broke it again Saturday with 581.

Repeat: In the history of Nebraska football — almost 1,200 games — the only opponent that has rushed for more yards than the 2012 Badgers is the 2014 Badgers.

Not a single player on the 2014 defense had a tackle in the 2012 Big Ten championship game. Why is that noteworthy? Because it shows it’s not the players. It’s not the talent. It’s more systemic.

"

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/chatelain-as-snow-falls-so-does-the-huskers-image/article_ad6de678-8e4f-5039-8512-04610c392158.html

• Fire 5

All of the OWH guys are hitting pretty hard this morning. Sipple is not as direct in saying it, but even he realizes there is no excuse and no explanation for this anymore. It's year seven. Nearly the end of the season––you know, Pelini defenses get better as the season goes along.

I hope no one accuses Dirk of playing dirty. They have every right to print the obvious.

Edit: Sip is at the LJS. Sorry for the confusion.

Do we sub players much on defense? It seemed we were in our base 4-3 most of the night. I didn't see a lot of different faces out there.

Two problems here. One: Lack of depth. Same issue we've always had every year on and on.......problem is, Wisconsin doesn't stray from what they do. They will run it at you over and over with those big boys up front. You may stop them in the beginning with ultra talented dudes like Collins, Valentine, Gregory and McMullen, heck we saw the success early. Over time these guys wear down.

Which brings me to my second issue with this. A team that prides itself on solid defense but doesn't have a lot of rotation or depth, should that team be running a hurry up offense? Why are we in such a hurry to get our defense back on the field when they are exhausted? Sure, you'd expect the offense to pick up some first downs and stay on the field a bit longer, but what about when that's not happening? Is there any thought to helping the defensive players out a bit by slowing down the offense for a few series at least. Hell, maybe it helps the offense get back on their feet a bit by slowing down and letting the game come back into focus for a minute.

We seem like we just keep going and going with the same routine, no matter how the game is going or changing. Why do we do this?

• Fire 3

Do we sub players much on defense? It seemed we were in our base 4-3 most of the night. I didn't see a lot of different faces out there.

Two problems here. One: Lack of depth. Same issue we've always had every year on and on.......problem is, Wisconsin doesn't stray from what they do. They will run it at you over and over with those big boys up front. You may stop them in the beginning with ultra talented dudes like Collins, Valentine, Gregory and McMullen, heck we saw the success early. Over time these guys wear down.

Which brings me to my second issue with this. A team that prides itself on solid defense but doesn't have a lot of rotation or depth, should that team be running a hurry up offense? Why are we in such a hurry to get our defense back on the field when they are exhausted? Sure, you'd expect the offense to pick up some first downs and stay on the field a bit longer, but what about when that's not happening? Is there any thought to helping the defensive players out a bit by slowing down the offense for a few series at least. Hell, maybe it helps the offense get back on their feet a bit by slowing down and letting the game come back into focus for a minute.

We seem like we just keep going and going with the same routine, no matter how the game is going or changing. Why do we do this?

Ummm.. insanity?

How about when you go up 17-3 against an opponent that is self-destructing and you are expecting the ball back to start the second half? Bo's not a big picture guy. Maybe he needs help. This is something any idiot with a playstation can figure out.

Beck's offense––or whatever you call that mess––does nothing to compliment what Bo is doing on the defensive side of the ball. And that's the fault of no one but Bo Pelni. He hired the clown. He kept the clown in his employ. Given the chance, history predicts Pelini will attempt to keep the clown on the payroll, making a cushy three-quarters of a million dollars to field this garbage for another season.

• Fire 2

How about when you go up 17-3 against an opponent that is self-destructing and you are expecting the ball back to start the second half? Bo's not a big picture guy. Maybe he needs help. This is something any idiot with a playstation can figure out.

Beck's offense––or whatever you call that mess––does nothing to compliment what Bo is doing on the defensive side of the ball. And that's the fault of no one but Bo Pelni. He hired the clown. He kept the clown in his employ. Given the chance, history predicts Pelini will attempt to keep the clown on the payroll, making a cushy three-quarters of a million dollars to field this garbage for another season.

Its Sunday, so AMEN!

• Fire 1

I hate the hurry up. I really do. Especially with a running QB and a future NFL RB.

Possess the ball, control the clock and shorten the game. Slower pace, more time to process and less mistakes. More time for defensive adjustments. Less time for the opposition's offense to implement adjustments. Establish a pace that you can follow consistently. Plus our OC isn't good enough to consistently create confusion with his formations.

So many teams now run the fast pace. It's no longer something players have trouble preparing for. They're used to it.

• Fire 2

At some point you have to choose the painfully obvious answer; the coaching staff doesn't know what the F they're doing. When simpleton like us id we notify these glaring and constantly repeating problems, there just can't be another answer.

• Fire 1

This is why, in your poll, I changed my vote from "Yes, but only with staff changes" to "no." Bo's history of keeping his buddies on payroll and when pressed, hiring idiots, leads me to believe any chance he hires a new, competent staff is next to nil.

• Fire 1

This is why, in your poll, I changed my vote from "Yes, but only with staff changes" to "no." Bo's history of keeping his buddies on payroll and when pressed, hiring idiots, leads me to believe any chance he hires a new, competent staff is next to nil.

I haven't voted in my poll, partly because I never want to be the first person to vote in a poll I post, but mostly just because I need time to think. The problem is clear enough. What I don't know is if Bo is going to ever have his Michael Corleone moment: a transformative insight that as a head coach––an executive in this game we so love––you need to be ruthless. Loyalty has bought you an inept offense. You are paying for your friendships in losses and national humiliation(s).

There's also the practical issue of firing a coach who has a shot to win ten regular season games. I can see both sides of it, so for me it's not an easy call.

Wisconsin is not some world beater from the SEC. Record wize, performance, theyre similar to Nebraska. Talent wize, I think we have more. That's what's sickining. For christ's sake guys, Western Illinois held Gordan to 38 yards on 17 carries. Give me a f'ing break. We're the ONLY ones that make Wisconsin look like a playoff team. And we do it EVERY FRICKIN TIME.

there were a lot of good articles in the OWH and LJS today...its just a matter of time...this is soo over...even the press isn't protecting their ability to get inside the program and do their job with how they write...

408 is the back breaker. kinda like a date or event, thats number will always mean something more to us going forward

Its done alright. Like i said in another thread. This board has a lot of members, and if you spend enough time on it like I do, you have a pretty good pulse on where everyone stands. And it's a pretty good gauge on the entire fanbase, boosters, alum, etc. Just a much smaller scale of course. Is there anyone left defending this today? Anyone? I saw two of the most hardcore Pelini supporters last night openly declare they were done with this. I started teetering that edge after the Minnesota game last year, but thought our young talent just needed a little more time. I got suckered back in after the Miami game thinking something was growing. But after the Michigan St, of which many of you allowed a fluky flurry in the fourth cover up that many issues that allowed us to get our teeth kicked in for 3 quarters in primetime again, I was done. I was done after that game. I was obvious to me anyway that nothing had changed. It starts at the top. So I spent the next 3 games, good wins against overwhelmed competition riddled with sloppy play and mistakes, ridiculing the staff, Beck, well pretty much everything. I ruffled some feathers. I had some calling me out for predicting we'd lose to Wiscy-which I never once did. All I did was point out the constant bullsh#t and sloppy football that gets by against Northwestern, Rutgers, and Purdue. That same sloppy ball that would wind up losing us 2 of these last 3. It's over. It's done. I'm done with it. I'm ready for basketball. For the first time in my life, I will spend hundreds on attending multiple basketball games, but no football games in a year.