9/10 Win Season

T_O_Bull

But the question no one here is addressing: what is our best pathway to the final four??? I assume that it would have to involve at least two teams' planes colliding mid-air on the way to or from a game, right? Maybe a meteor strike? All I'm saying is that we shouldn't give up on the season after a minor implosion and mild nationally embarrassing loss.

But the question no one here is addressing: what is our best pathway to the final four??? I assume that it would have to involve at least two teams' planes colliding mid-air on the way to or from a game, right? Maybe a meteor strike? All I'm saying is that we shouldn't give up on the season after a minor implosion and mild nationally embarrassing loss.

Mild embarrassing loss???? Maybe it wouldn't be an issue if they didn't occur every year and sometimes twice a year. I get your sarcasm, but come on...

Minnesota is a top 45 type of team. If we were any good we'd view them as nothing more than a speed bump.

I think they're better than that. With how this season has gone (almost every team showing quite a bit of inconsistency), I don't think any team could afford to overlook Minnesota. Still, they're a team Nebraska should be able to handle readily enough if everything was alright with the program. As it stands, they're a question mark. But calling them a cupcake or speed bump is a bit of a disservice.

You're looking at it wrong. Minnesota IS a good team . . . in the Big 10. But the conference as a whole is trash. Minnesota would be bottom half in any other Power 5 conference. They are a tough opponent only compared to the pathetic teams in the Big 10 and in the sense that they could realistically beat us. What you're missing is that this speaks volumes about how bad our conference is in general and we are in particular.

Minnesota is a top 45 type of team. If we were any good we'd view them as nothing more than a speed bump.

I think they're better than that. With how this season has gone (almost every team showing quite a bit of inconsistency), I don't think any team could afford to overlook Minnesota. Still, they're a team Nebraska should be able to handle readily enough if everything was alright with the program. As it stands, they're a question mark. But calling them a cupcake or speed bump is a bit of a disservice.

You're looking at it wrong. Minnesota IS a good team . . . in the Big 10. But the conference as a whole is trash. Minnesota would be bottom half in any other Power 5 conference. They are a tough opponent only compared to the pathetic teams in the Big 10 and in the sense that they could realistically beat us. What you're missing is that this speaks volumes about how bad our conference is in general and we are in particular.

I'm not missing anything. Minnesota is playing good football and they're not a cupcake team. Nobody is claiming they're an elite team or anything close (including "good"). But thanks for playing.

• Fire 1

You clearly do not watch much college football. Stop watching ESPN shows and a good deal of the national columnists. Minnesota is a very solid opponent, and would be in a similar position everywhere. Remember when you talk about how bad the Big 10 is, that Indiana has a road win over the SEC East leader. And the same number of P5 wins as the SEC, actually I think the Northwestern win over ND now gives the Big 10 the edge there. Minnesota knows who they are, what they do and Kill coaches to the strengths of his players. And there is a very good chance they win next week too.

• Fire 1

And I knew there would be a post like that. What a shock. Minnesota is not a cupcake, they're playing some good football. Funny thing is, if we had won yesterday, all of a sudden Minnesota would be viewed as a relatively strong opponent. Odd how that happens around here.

What the fock is your point? Minnesota is a relatively strong opponent. It doesn't have anything to do with how we did yesterday. If Nebraska was the team it should be, we could be a lot less concerned about Minnesota taking us behind the woodshed too. The only odd thing is that your annoying ass is still trolling this board.

Reported. Also, my point is that Minnesota isn't a cupcake. I think I made that clear.

Reported? Lol. Boo hoo.

My point is, Minnesota should be a cupcake for Nebraska. Sadly they will likely ram the ball down our throats. Gordon may have the shortest lived NCAA rushing record by the time Minnesota and Cobb get done exploiting our defensive guru.

• Fire 1

6 meaningless, cupcake wins.

A last second squeaker win against another cupcake.

A 10 point win against a former power.

A not as close as the final score seems against MSU.

An embarrassing ass kicking in a game that we were leading 17-3 at the end of the 1st Qtr.

A chance to beat the final two cupcakes (And its certainly not a sure thing.) on our schedule.

Happy with this 8-2 record? Balderdash!

How does Pelini save his job? Immediately after we lose whatever Bowl game we play in he fires most of his assistants including the OC,

DC, OL, DL and S&C coaches.

Its a short fuse though. Significant things have to improve or goodbye after next year and there's a possibility of getting the same

thing that Weiss got this year at Kansas.

If there is a coach with a good resume (Jim Tressel for example) who's interested in coaching Nebraska then I say Pelini can't save his

job.

T_O_B

You are spot on. With 3 cupcake non-conference games each year, and a 4th that is very winnable, plus 3 to 5 easier games in conference, there is no reason that NU should not get to 9 wins each year. It's not that remarkable of an accomplishment in a weak Big 10. The two toughest teams we have played this year we have gotten dominated, and it really wasn't all that close.

At the end of the day, it comes down to whether you are ok with going to mid-tier bowl games every year, or if you want to win a championship. If it's the latter, Bo has to go. If its' the former, I assume you are plenty happy with Bo.

6 meaningless, cupcake wins.

A last second squeaker win against another cupcake.

A 10 point win against a former power.

A not as close as the final score seems against MSU.

An embarrassing ass kicking in a game that we were leading 17-3 at the end of the 1st Qtr.

A chance to beat the final two cupcakes (And its certainly not a sure thing.) on our schedule.

Happy with this 8-2 record? Balderdash!

How does Pelini save his job? Immediately after we lose whatever Bowl game we play in he fires most of his assistants including the OC,

DC, OL, DL and S&C coaches.

Its a short fuse though. Significant things have to improve or goodbye after next year and there's a possibility of getting the same

thing that Weiss got this year at Kansas.

If there is a coach with a good resume (Jim Tressel for example) who's interested in coaching Nebraska then I say Pelini can't save his

job.

T_O_B

NEXT YEAR!!!! you are a freakin glutton for punishment, next year and then next year and then I really think we make a jump"next year" It makes me want to vomit