An Outsiders View

I have admired NU football for years and know many from your state. This past game, from my vantage point, seems to have push many a fan over the edge as I have never witness before at your school. They see a disaster, know the basic issues and see the powers that be refuse to step up and work on a solution.

How many wins doesn't mean much when on national TV your team looks like NU has these past years. NU is a punch line.

I wish you all the best and maybe someone will step up and begin to fix things for you, cause what you have is not working.

• Fire 5

It ain't just Wisconsin. Take any team with equal talent and there is an overwhelming likelihood we will be flat out-coached, and that's the best case scenario. More likely we will watch a meltdown. Our offense has been a joke since Joe Ganz moved from the huddle to the sidelines. Forget the coordinator decisions; Pelini's own defenses have achieved statistical failures beyond even Kevin Cosgrove's. The superficial glimmer of the nine win season becomes more and more laughable every time it's trotted out. Bo simply has no excuse in year seven to field teams this incompetent.

Thanks for the perspective. As someone outside the Nebraska bubble (I live in SoCal) all I hear are people saying they can't believe we haven't fired Pelini. We are the butt of jokes. The idea that firing Pelini would somehow scare away prospective coaches is ridiculous. It's very clear to everyone in the know that Pelini and his staff have no idea what they are doing.

Thanks for the perspective. As someone outside the Nebraska bubble (I live in SoCal) all I hear are people saying they can't believe we haven't fired Pelini. We are the butt of jokes. The idea that firing Pelini would somehow scare away prospective coaches is ridiculous. It's very clear to everyone in the know that Pelini and his staff have no idea what they are doing.

This isn't so much as to discredit you, but from my experiences growing up in the PNW, Nebraska has been a punchline regardless of good/bad, people found a way to hate/joke. Anymore, I really couldn't care less about what our national perception is.

We're a punchline in Fargo, ND. Which is frustrating on two levels:

1) The FCS team that North Dakotans get all puffed up about was created by Craig Bohl to be Osborne era Nebraska-esque in style and mentality.

and 2) We're being made fun of by people who's only claim to fame is an awesome movie and a woodchipper.

FML...is it basketball season yet? Wait crap, the basketball coach got his start at NDSU too. WHY IS A FCS TEAM MAKING MY HUSKERS LOOK STUPID?!?!?!?

This isn't so much as to discredit you, but from my experiences growing up in the PNW, Nebraska has been a punchline regardless of good/bad, people found a way to hate/joke. Anymore, I really couldn't care less about what our national perception is.

The difference is that before we were winning and it didn't really matter, now we're a national punch line both on and off the field. And you should care, at least a little, on what your national perception is as it heavily influences recruiting and the outlook on both your conference and your team's ranking throughout the year.

About the state? Agreed. It's a fly-over state and people think Lincoln has one stoplight. But about the football team? There used to be a lot of respect, at least among the people I know out here.

We're a punchline in Fargo, ND. Which is frustrating on two levels:

1) The FCS team that North Dakotans get all puffed up about was created by Craig Bohl to be Osborne era Nebraska-esque in style and mentality.

and 2) We're being made fun of by people who's only claim to fame is an awesome movie and a woodchipper.

FML...is it basketball season yet? Wait crap, the basketball coach got his start at NDSU too. WHY IS A FCS TEAM MAKING MY HUSKERS LOOK STUPID?!?!?!?

Erstad was from ND too...

Thanks for the perspective. As someone outside the Nebraska bubble (I live in SoCal) all I hear are people saying they can't believe we haven't fired Pelini. We are the butt of jokes. The idea that firing Pelini would somehow scare away prospective coaches is ridiculous.

Same situation in my location as well.

Thanks for the perspective. As someone outside the Nebraska bubble (I live in SoCal) all I hear are people saying they can't believe we haven't fired Pelini. We are the butt of jokes. The idea that firing Pelini would somehow scare away prospective coaches is ridiculous.

Same situation in my location as well.

Got messaged today from two different CSU fans. One is worried NU is going to poach mcelwain & the other hopes CSU plays NU in a bowl game (would be "csu automatic win"). Was hard to argue too much with the latter after Saturday ;-)

Why were people outside of Nebraska so shocked that Bo has 9 wins for the past 7 years? Because every time we are on national TV for a big game we get wrecked. No one cares about beating teams you should beat.

Hajun - that quote basically sums it up

"Pelini’s era is defined by victories you don’t remember and losses that you do."

Why were people outside of Nebraska so shocked that Bo has 9 wins for the past 7 years? Because every time we are on national TV for a big game we get wrecked. No one cares about beating teams you should beat.

Hajun - that quote basically sums it up

"Pelini’s era is defined by victories you don’t remember and losses that you do."

Yeah, I love it, though it's not actually 100% true. I do remember a lot of Pelini's victories, particularly the comebacks against Ohio State, Michigan State, Northwestern x 3, and Penn State. But even then those victories are remembered for the fact that we won despite playing like complete ass for the majority of the game. Honestly, after 2010, the only win that I remember fondly was the Michigan State game in 2011 where we did that thing where the D-line stood up on every passing down and blitzed the snot out of Kirk Cousins.