This guy gets "it" when it comes to what NU needs on O.......

lo country

Hire Moglia for a dollar with Frost to be OC/hc in waiting and let him be groomed.

That's the only way is go for it.

I know that sounds good to you, but what happens if he turns this program into a bigger disaster than Bo?

Bo's pretty f'ing far from perfect, but he's coached in the NFL and been on a NC staff, which is more than Joe...

Then they try again?

but wouldn't you want more of a proven commodity?

Not for nothing, but it's not like we're ECU and can take a flyer on a coach who's got great buzz around him. We need to find someone who's proven he can do the job at every level he's coached at...

Moglia has. And to a different level so has Frost. Not that they are my first choices, but that qualifer has been met.

Hire Moglia for a dollar with Frost to be OC/hc in waiting and let him be groomed.

I know that sounds good to you, but what happens if he turns this program into a bigger disaster than Bo?

Bo's pretty f'ing far from perfect, but he's coached in the NFL and been on a NC staff, which is more than Joe...

Then they try again?

Not for nothing, but it's not like we're ECU and can take a flyer on a coach who's got great buzz around him. We need to find someone who's proven he can do the job at every level he's coached at...

Moglia has. And to a different level so has Frost. Not that they are my first choices, but that qualifer has been met.

But you've got to understand my trepidation at the thought of hiring Moglia. I know you're high on the guy, and he's done pretty good so far, but this isn't ECU, and comes with so much more added pressures than I'm thinking he could prepare for.

If you want to hire Moglia, and with Frost at OC, essentially you're making Moglia a lame duck, because you know that eventually you'll probably have to give the job to Frost once Moglia taps out...

Then they try again?

But you've got to understand my trepidation at the thought of hiring Moglia. I know you're high on the guy, and he's done pretty good so far, but this isn't ECU, and comes with so much more added pressures than I'm thinking he could prepare for.

If you want to hire Moglia, and with Frost at OC, essentially you're making Moglia a lame duck, because you know that eventually you'll probably have to give the job to Frost once Moglia taps out...

CCU, not ecu.

And every hire you make isn't permanent.

CCU, not ecu.

Sorry, the multitude of Carolina schools is too much for my peanut sized brain to compute...

But then why not just hire Frost, and cut to the chase? If you hire Moglia, and then Frost as the OC, Moglia is no dummy, and has to realize that sooner rather than later, he's going to be replaced unless he goes on a miracle "Remember the Titans" type of run...

oh, and fix your quotes ya mook...

CCU, not ecu.

Sorry, the multitude of Carolina schools is too much for my peanut sized brain to compute...

But then why not just hire Frost, and cut to the chase? If you hire Moglia, and then Frost as the OC, Moglia is no dummy, and has to realize that sooner rather than later, he's going to be replaced unless he goes on a miracle "Remember the Titans" type of run...

In this scenario I am trying to solve the "frost being inexperienced" narrative.

In an ideal world, we have a better answer, but I'd be ok with this.

CCU, not ecu.

In this scenario I am trying to solve the "frost being inexperienced" narrative.

And I can appreciate that, but what coach is going to come in, knowing that he's got a good chance of losing his job to his OC? And thats a sh**ty spot to be in.

Unless you're willing to take your lumps with Frost, you need a really BIG BIG time coach to come in here...

CCU, not ecu.

And I can appreciate that, but what coach is going to come in, knowing that he's got a good chance of losing his job to his OC? And thats a sh**ty spot to be in.

Unless you're willing to take your lumps with Frost, you need a really BIG BIG time coach to come in here...

Moglia has been on record he's not a long term fix. And he's also said he's ok with this kind of scenario. Now, whether they could even coexist is a wholly other thing.....

CCU, not ecu.

Moglia has been on record he's not a long term fix. And he's also said he's ok with this kind of scenario. Now, whether they could even coexist is a wholly other thing.....

Saying that is one thing, and that actually being the case is completely different...

I just think there's too much pride there for this not to become a dumpster fire...

Just need to find a DC now...

Scott would be fine if you're convinced an Oregon copycat offense is the way to go.

But we had a formula that worked for 40 years. Wisconson just used that formula to beat the piss out of us . . . again. We've been flopping around like a fish out of water since we abandoned what made us great. Bring back smashmouth football.

I know we'd love to be Wisconsin right now because they looked like the old Nebraska against Nebraska, but if you look at their season the way we look at our season:

LSU: Melvin Gordon is averaging 8.8 yards a carry, but Wisconsin insists on passing the ball. McAvoy throws it 24 times for only 50 yards and gives up the game-losing interception.

Western Illinois: Melvin Gordon averages only 2.2 yards a carry against a substandard opponent and Wisconsin passes the ball 30 times.

Northwestern: Gordon has 259 yards and 9.6 yards a carry, but Wisconsin's double-headed quarterback rotation throws the ball 29 times with 4 interceptions and the Badgers lose to a team Nebraska beat handily.

Illinois: Wisconsin is only 4 of 13 on 3rd down conversions in a sluggish 10 point win against an Illinois team Nebraska beat by 31.

Maryland: Wisconsin uses a balanced run/pass attack to notch a 45 point win. Although Gordon is running well, Wisconsin keeps passing in the second half, Stave throws two TDs.

Purdue: another 50/50 run/pass split. Gordon is having a field day against a poor run defense, but Wisconsin insists on passing the ball 30 times in a 34 - 17 win.

Wisconsin is 8 - 2.

Should they fire Tim Beck?

Did you purposely leave out their most recent win, which was their biggest game of the year to date? Or.....

I started with their most recent win and worked backwards.