11 Wins

For the 11-2 group, are you truly satisfied with the season, the whole 7 years? Is it what you expect from Nebraska?

Something to consider. We would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated. Right away. Now. We're still in the B1G, right? And you can talk all you want about how it's not about wins and losses. Coaches know better. Put what you wrote above in the first line of the job description.......

You never expect a new coach to turn things around that fast, but the sooner we get one the quicker we turn.

I know we're 8-2 right now.....but skersfan used the 11-2 example. I'd love to see the look on a coaching candidates face when told we need to "turn things around" at 11-2.

Because we had a long list of candidates when Callahan was fired? I'm not saying we aren't a great program deserving of a great coach, but to think replacing a guy that just won 10 games wouldn't deter some candidates would be crazy.

I think every coach in the country figures he could win nine or ten games with our schedule. Most probably figure they could win more.

Ferentz Iowa Head Coach was asked if he would or could be considered for Nebraska after Solich was fired and he either won the big ten or tied, and Ferentz said hell no they have unrealistic expectations.

Think about that Husker nation... After the Solich fire we couldnt get Ferentz...

Ferentz..

Good thing he has a un purchasable contract and can't get him then.

Your assumptions that any coaching search would look anything like 2003 coupled with the fact you're willing to lump together Osborne's struggles with Bo getting futility records set on his teams on a yearly basis are pretty laughable.

Happy to entertain.

I am not trying to win the internet or be the internet guru. I am niether paid enough nor smart enough. All I know is I love Nebraska. I love the teams in Nebraska, I love the Huskers.

My only thing is, we should circle the wagons and shoot outwards. Democrates shot inward last election how did that work out for them?

2 Games left then a Bowl - lets stop chanting FIRE BO - and Start chanting WIN WIN WIN. I dont care what your feelings are - frankly no one should only thing we can do is WIN. Some people will never be happy for various reasons e.g. terminal cancer, a horrible wife, horrible husband etc. This team can provide a lot more than we can ever do for it so the least we can do is give it support leave the OFF season for the firing or hiring and then only what is best for the team.

This type of crap is bad for the brand.

Wait I got serious there for a min, err bring a goat to the stadium to clear the curse of the Solich that or a llama?

No amount of bitching about Bo Pelini on the internet amounts to 1/1000th of the damage incurred by Melvin Gordon doing what he did to Bo and his scheme on national television.

I, and many others, want Nebraska to win. Bo cannot get us there.

Because we had a long list of candidates when Callahan was fired? I'm not saying we aren't a great program deserving of a great coach, but to think replacing a guy that just won 10 games wouldn't deter some candidates would be crazy.

Wouldn't matter.

For the 11-2 group, are you truly satisfied with the season, the whole 7 years? Is it what you expect from Nebraska?

Something to consider. We would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated. Right away. Now. We're still in the B1G, right? And you can talk all you want about how it's not about wins and losses. Coaches know better. Put what you wrote above in the first line of the job description.......

You never expect a new coach to turn things around that fast, but the sooner we get one the quicker we turn.

I know we're 8-2 right now.....but skersfan used the 11-2 example. I'd love to see the look on a coaching candidates face when told we need to "turn things around" at 11-2.

If the new coaches came here and had a confused look on their face when being told this, then they shouldn't be here in the first place.

Let me start by saying NUPOLO your post are generally enjoyable to read you generally have good points but this negativity needs to go away from the nation (husker) rather Internet stadium etc..

The Stanely Parable my friend.

Short of Bo going out there and doing the tackling what else do you guys want?

Bo has been good. He has raised us from ashes.

In the off season if we upgrade fine.

If we dont fine.

I will tell you there are a lot of other traditional national powers in worse places looking to replace. There are also those who are frantic and crazy looking to make a deal with anyone to win e.g. Iowa State.

It is clear we have emotional toll on this man. Look at his OSU melt down. I stay the entire game no matter how much of a win or how much a loss because it is to support first the kids second the program. I have no loyality to Bo, however I will be a Boliever until we get a different Captain of our SS Titantic.

If the new coaches came here and had a confused look on their face when being told this, then they shouldn't be here in the first place.

It won't be confusion on their face.

It is possible for Bo to win enough to save his job––though I put little stock in beating our next two opponents. It is impossible for Bo to win enough to persuade any thinking person that the status quo is acceptable regarding that overpaid, underachieving staff.

Beating mediocre teams with mediocre talent is not the standard here. Bo seems to have forgotten that, along with how to coach defense and stop the run.

• Fire 4

I think every coach in the country figures he could win nine or ten games with our schedule. Most probably figure they could win more.

Ferentz Iowa Head Coach was asked if he would or could be considered for Nebraska after Solich was fired and he either won the big ten or tied, and Ferentz said hell no they have unrealistic expectations.

Think about that Husker nation... After the Solich fire we couldnt get Ferentz...

Ferentz..

The irony of this post is too funny. You mean the over achieving coach Ferentz? He wouldn't come here because of unrealistic expectations? Haha.....they sure don't have that problem (expectations) in Iowa, do they?

All I can think is, thank God he wouldn't come here. Apparently some people want to be Iowa now :facepalm: Any coach that doesn't want the challenge and doesn't think they can do better than Bo Pelini, well, we don't want them here. The expectation is not too high. The problem is too many people don't understand the meaning of excellence any more. Sad.

Ferentz..

Your assumptions that any coaching search would look anything like 2003 coupled with the fact you're willing to lump together Osborne's struggles with Bo getting futility records set on his teams on a yearly basis are pretty laughable.

I didn't understand that whole Osborne thing he was attempting to point out. Was it good or bad?

Let me start by saying NUPOLO your post are generally enjoyable to read you generally have good points but this negativity needs to go away from the nation (husker) rather Internet stadium etc..

The Stanely Parable my friend.

Short of Bo going out there and doing the tackling what else do you guys want?

Bo has been good. He has raised us from ashes.

In the off season if we upgrade fine.

If we dont fine.

I will tell you there are a lot of other traditional national powers in worse places looking to replace. There are also those who are frantic and crazy looking to make a deal with anyone to win e.g. Iowa State.

It is clear we have emotional toll on this man. Look at his OSU melt down. I stay the entire game no matter how much of a win or how much a loss because it is to support first the kids second the program. I have no loyality to Bo, however I will be a Boliever until we get a different Captain of our SS Titantic.

Hey man I don't disagree with you completely and I don't "hate" Bo as a man. Some go to the limits of making it personal and hating on Bo as a man. I don't know the guy and I try not to be too hard on him in the things I say.

You're right, the guy does care and the toll is obvious. I feel bad for nearly any man who works as hard as he can at something, but can't achieve results. This is Bo's case. Sorry, but it is.

I agree, as fans, we stay to the end and we support this program. Supporting the coach is not always a requirement, but as a Husker you should always hope the best for this team. I think letting Bo go is what I and others believe would be better for this program.

I just listened to this podcast and if you choose to listen it illustrates some issues better than we can in letter type on a message board. http://stationcaster.com/stations/kozn/index.php?d=AM&cid=981#

The segment is segement 13 from November 17 titled The professor Aaron Semm.

Ferentz..

Happy to entertain.

I am not trying to win the internet or be the internet guru. I am niether paid enough nor smart enough. All I know is I love Nebraska. I love the teams in Nebraska, I love the Huskers.

My only thing is, we should circle the wagons and shoot outwards. Democrates shot inward last election how did that work out for them?

2 Games left then a Bowl - lets stop chanting FIRE BO - and Start chanting WIN WIN WIN. I dont care what your feelings are - frankly no one should only thing we can do is WIN. Some people will never be happy for various reasons e.g. terminal cancer, a horrible wife, horrible husband etc. This team can provide a lot more than we can ever do for it so the least we can do is give it support leave the OFF season for the firing or hiring and then only what is best for the team.

This type of crap is bad for the brand.

Wait I got serious there for a min, err bring a goat to the stadium to clear the curse of the Solich that or a llama?

Lost you on the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs, but I was chanting "Win, win, win" Saturday. It didn't work. What did I do wrong?

Every coach out there knows the situation. They've seen the blowouts. Last year the analysts talk about Bo being on the hot seat. Nothing's new, and it wouldn't be a shocker to anyone.

bo came here to win championships. 7 years later he has no meaningful win. if anything, his teams have gotten worse. any prospective coach would see that. the bo mystique is gone. everyone knows he should not be a head coach. not here, likely not anywhere. bo is not even competitive in big games. i repeat, he is not even competitive.

and let us go over all of it. bo has used every single excuse [inheriting a "train wreck" (which gave him his talent for his best seasons), slow recruiting, conference change, coordinator changes. but in year 7, he has been in the big 10 longer than the big 12 at this point, he had an nfl top 5 draft pick at DE and a heisman contending running back. and his team still sh#t the bed]. embarrassed us multiple times on and off the field. told the fans to f#*k themselves. has had 7 years. and has yet to lose less than 4. oh, and look up our SOS. look up the rankings of our wins and losses. look at the w-l record of who we beat. not to mention he was hired as a defensive guru...

bo's tenure has been pathetic given the lack of progression. but hey, he brought his cat to the spring game. so that's something to remember. but now we are the joke.

• Fire 5