11 Wins

Thanks for the insight Count. Hopefully the rest of the bigwigs think like that guy.

I think Bo would love to succeed. I just think he's stubbornly going about it very poorly (his way) and therefore I'm done waiting for the guy to produce. You've been a jerk to the fan base in the past, the media as well, and don't have the results to back it up.

There's a reason none of those teams interested in Bo at year's end have ever amounted to anything. I truly think NU is the nest he could do, and we're finding out it is a bit too ambitious for him.

Well, we dont know what he thinks yet though. Find out, hopefully, on saturday.

Tell him beanman said hi and he still owes me 50 bucks.

Thanks for the insight Count. Hopefully the rest of the bigwigs think like that guy.

I think Bo would love to succeed. I just think he's stubbornly going about it very poorly (his way) and therefore I'm done waiting for the guy to produce. You've been a jerk to the fan base in the past, the media as well, and don't have the results to back it up.

There's a reason none of those teams interested in Bo at year's end have ever amounted to anything. I truly think NU is the nest he could do, and we're finding out it is a bit too ambitious for him.

Tell him beanman said hi and he still owes me 50 bucks.

What for?

I only ask cuz rich people are some of the most tightwads in the world. He's gonna wanna know what for, then he's gonna check his ledger.

Wow. Late nights at work getting the best of me. Reading comprehension obviously isn't my string suit right now.

Make sure you report back. I'm fascinated to see what you can dig up. I can't imagine what the rationale is if he still does have strong support, but he did weather last year somehow.

The way you described the guy, this is what I envision when you mention bean:

79bd55fa0e6f9a5dfba70b282cd403ce.jpeg

With any luck, bean will wind up in Jail.

Wow. Late nights at work getting the best of me. Reading comprehension obviously isn't my string suit right now.

Make sure you report back. I'm fascinated to see what you can dig up. I can't imagine what the rationale is if he still does have strong support, but he did weather last year somehow.

The way you described the guy, this is what I envision when you mention bean:

79bd55fa0e6f9a5dfba70b282cd403ce.jpeg

With any luck, bean will wind up in Jail.

I'm just that creepy brotha

What were most people expecting out of Bo when he was hired?

1. Make the defense great again. Outside of two early years with outrageous talent, our defense has been mediocre. And on top of that, it has embarrassed itself in huge games on many occasions.

2. Win conference titles. Zero.

3. Compete for the national championship. Have never even been in the discussion headed into the conference title games.

4. Go to BCS bowl games. Zero.

5. Have top 10 finishes. Zero.

Wins against Minnesota and Iowa do not correct any of the above.

• Fire 2

Because we had a long list of candidates when Callahan was fired? I'm not saying we aren't a great program deserving of a great coach, but to think replacing a guy that just won 10 games wouldn't deter some candidates would be crazy.

I think every coach in the country figures he could win nine or ten games with our schedule. Most probably figure they could win more.

Ferentz Iowa Head Coach was asked if he would or could be considered for Nebraska after Solich was fired and he either won the big ten or tied, and Ferentz said hell no they have unrealistic expectations.

Think about that Husker nation... After the Solich fire we couldnt get Ferentz...

Ferentz..

Good thing he has a un purchasable contract and can't get him then.

Your assumptions that any coaching search would look anything like 2003 coupled with the fact you're willing to lump together Osborne's struggles with Bo getting futility records set on his teams on a yearly basis are pretty laughable.

Happy to entertain.

I am not trying to win the internet or be the internet guru. I am niether paid enough nor smart enough. All I know is I love Nebraska. I love the teams in Nebraska, I love the Huskers.

My only thing is, we should circle the wagons and shoot outwards. Democrates shot inward last election how did that work out for them?

2 Games left then a Bowl - lets stop chanting FIRE BO - and Start chanting WIN WIN WIN. I dont care what your feelings are - frankly no one should only thing we can do is WIN. Some people will never be happy for various reasons e.g. terminal cancer, a horrible wife, horrible husband etc. This team can provide a lot more than we can ever do for it so the least we can do is give it support leave the OFF season for the firing or hiring and then only what is best for the team.

This type of crap is bad for the brand.

Wait I got serious there for a min, err bring a goat to the stadium to clear the curse of the Solich that or a llama?

There is definitely a Solich curse. The Huskers will win just enough to prevent Bo from getting fired, but not enough to be considered better than mediocre. Think about it:

• Bo needed a 57 yard field goal against Colorado to get 9 wins
  • In 2009 we lost to Iowa State 7-9, and then there was the kick off out of bounds, stupid penalty and extra second to prevent a CCG
  • In 2010 we are cruising, but lose 3 of the last 4 games. We get screwed by the officials against A&M, blow a big lead and then get consecutive sacks to prevent a tying field goal against Oklahoma, and top it off with a loss to a team we throttled earlier in the year
  • In 2011 we are 7-1, and finish with four losses
  • In 2012 we cruise into the CCG game against a 5 loss team only to get curb stomped. This is followed up by a bowl loss to reach the magical 4 loss plateau.
  • In 2013 we need a Hail Mary and an OT against Penn State to get to 9 wins

How many teams have won 9 games 7 years in a row without a conference championship? How many teams have lost at least 4 games seven years in a row without a losing season? Bo will find a way to win one more this year and lose two more. This will never end. We are the Cubs. Boston broke the Babe Ruth curse by purchasing a Ruth bat and burning it. How can the Solich curse be broken? I vote for a halftime ceremony honoring him for his accomplishments at Nebraska, including playing time, assistant coach time, and coaching the last team to lose less than 4 games.