Final Recruiting Rankings

chad1971

Im not going to say that this is a good or bad class, too early to tell, but there were quite a few areas of need that were neglected. It seems like the needed QB was not gotten, NU only has 2 (out of 5 scholly :wacko: ) Div 1 caliber QBs right now, one is a SR, the other a true Soph with almost no experience. TE was a need that may not have been addressed (immediate help?). Getting some JUCO help at DE, RB, and LB was probably not the best way to go, as those are the deepest positions on the team. Alot of bodies were signed at OL, WR, and DB, I guess time will tell how good they are going to be. JUCOs are a huge gamble, and one of the most touted may not qualify.

The class looks reasonably decent, but lacks the big name, high profile guys that this staff was hired to get. I thought that classes like this were the reason that the coaching change was made <_<

PS-the potential loss of Palmer could be huge.

Im not going to say that this is a good or bad class, too early to tell, but there were quite a few areas of need that were neglected. It seems like the needed QB was not gotten, NU only has 2 (out of 5 scholly :wacko: ) Div 1 caliber QBs right now, one is a SR, the other a true Soph with almost no experience. TE was a need that may not have been addressed (immediate help?). Getting some JUCO help at DE, RB, and LB was probably not the best way to go, as those are the deepest positions on the team. Alot of bodies were signed at OL, WR, and DB, I guess time will tell how good they are going to be. JUCOs are a huge gamble, and one of the most touted may not qualify.

The class looks reasonably decent, but lacks the big name, high profile guys that this staff was hired to get. I thought that classes like this were the reason that the coaching change was made <_<

That f'ing solich f'd us. He left the cupboards bare - Were lucky it's not worse.

meh

TE was a need that may not have been addressed (immediate help?).

McNeil and possibly Pierre Allen are both TE's. Harvey from last year as well.

JUCOs are a huge gamble, and one of the most touted may not qualify.

In one part you say Juco's are a HUGE gamble but then go on to say that losing a Juco guy may be huge loss. Which is it?

The class looks reasonably decent, but lacks the big name, high profile guys that this staff was hired to get. I thought that classes like this were the reason that the coaching change was made

The average Star was 3.27. That is not you typical "Got Frank" class. His last two years were 2.11 and 2.81 by Scout standards.

I agree with a lot of your post, but I am not too worried about not getting a QB...

Yes, it would have been nice to keep Freeman..... but only becuase he was a 4*....

at the point that he backed out, this staff didn't have enough time to land a potential "difference-maker"..... I think it was wise to not waste a scholly on an average qb to "only" sign one...... Crabtree said basically the same thing today... He thought NU was wise to not heavily pursue a qb just for the sake of signing one.

Now, next year is a definite must to get a top-notch QB.... NO QUESTION.... As far as only having 2 scholly qbs.............. Taylor is an above average qb, and Beck is highly touted (more than anyone we would have signed)...... we will be okay this upcoming year.... and after that, Beck has the reins until the next highly recruited QB steps up.....

Just like this year.....we had NO DEPTH, starting with a non-proven JUCO.... 8-4 is not NU's goal every year, but not bad considering the QB position at beginning....

I also think that Ganz will be a very capable backup 3rd string next yr, and maybe #2 after that..... I remember "the Turmanator" doing just enough to be adequate for a week or so..

Getting some JUCO help at DE, RB, and LB was probably not the best way to go, as those are the deepest positions on the team.

There wasn't a JUCO DE picked up this year. Brandon Johnson is a defensive tackle. Also, this class is pretty solid all the way across and comparing these guys right now to the classes that Solich got fired for bringing in is laughable, IMO.

I'd have to say that this class has its ups and downs to it. I agree that we filled some needs at DB and OL. Sure it would have been nice to get some bigger name guys but every school in the nation is thinking about that one or two that 'got away'. I too am wishing another TE would have been found, but if there's not one to fit the system then i guess we shouldn't waste a scholarship on him.

Comparatively speaking I think we did well in the Big XII. According to rivals the Big XII teams in the top 25 were:

5. Texas

9. Oklahoma

20. Nebraska

22. Oklahoma St.

25. Texas A&M

We'll see what BC can do with all those receivers now.

Oh c'mon. Give me a break. How long are you going to harp on that? Sometimes you gotta look beyond words. I probably shouldn't have said that because a lot of people "read between the lines" when, to the rest of the world, there is simply nothing there. ;)

I don't care what Pederson said, the meaning was that this staff is going to get the kids they want. Or at least give it everything they have, which is more than I can say for some staffs.

Whether they are a "big name" or not, I could care less. So could the staff. Screw a "big name". Now that's not to say that some of these kids aren't sweet pickups. They are.